New message. We are able to immunize Guardian mods now?

In spire Site there is no respawn
Yes there is.
However, those are only Revenants, and they get dropped (by a Scout, just like at settlements) close to the centre of the site (around the “spear crown”, I think) and tend to stay there. Peripheral Barnacle Matrixes are safe once cleared.

Yes there is.
However, those are only Revenants, and they get dropped (by a Scout, just like at settlements) close to the centre of the site (around the “spear crown”, I think) and tend to stay there. Peripheral Barnacle Matrixes are safe once cleared.
True, to be "pedantic but precise" i was suggesting safe spots to clean and farm mats in relative security, kill Banshee that do not respawn, and stay on border of Spire Site.
You can do solo without big risk and no haste, because no respawns... if u want more mats, move to next spot and repeat.

edit: and you can do all from airborne, if u prefer, so more playing style options to have fun as you like.

Last edited:
And please tell me, is it better to take hardened surface fragments from active titans or destroyed ones ?

And please tell me, is it better to take hardened surface fragments from active titans or destroyed ones ?
Define “better”. For Engineering it does not matter where you got the materials from.
At an active Titan you can gather them much more quickly, but it is also more dangerous and you need a different ship build (caustic sink + TG pulse neutraliser just to get there).

Arguably the easiest way to gather them fast is to do it during the last day of a Titan, when the pulse neutraliser is no longer necessary, the Titan can no longer zap you with its blue field and most Thargoid ships are busy evacuating rather than patrolling. Of course, the next opportunity is going to be no earlier than in about 3 weeks :)

(BTW, gathering stuff at an active Titan is best done not in open; having random CMDRs in the instance usually means aggroed Thargoid patrols that will tend to search aggressively around the Titan and can spot you even if your heat level is ≤ 2%.)

Define “better”. For Engineering it does not matter where you got the materials from.
At an active Titan you can gather them much more quickly, but it is also more dangerous and you need a different ship build (caustic sink + TG pulse neutraliser just to get there).

Arguably the easiest way to gather them fast is to do it during the last day of a Titan, when the pulse neutraliser is no longer necessary, the Titan can no longer zap you with its blue field and most Thargoid ships are busy evacuating rather than patrolling. Of course, the next opportunity is going to be no earlier than in about 3 weeks :)

(BTW, gathering stuff at an active Titan is best done not in open; having random CMDRs in the instance usually means aggroed Thargoid patrols that will tend to search aggressively around the Titan and can spot you even if your heat level is ≤ 2%.)
When I was collecting tactical chips, 30 pieces in a couple hours, at the spire, I thought that's hard.
Then I collected caustic crystals, it's not hard there, you just have to have more acid reflectors. I also collected 30 pieces in an hour.
But then I started collecting fossils that need twice as many and ... that's the tricky part!
Not only that you are constantly chiseled by swarms, so green dots in the vicinity can barely be seen but shells with capsules a bunch ...

It seems to me that the main value of sold AX Chief only in one - it is the first 2 gauss, the ship itself and everything else can just throw away.

Are the hardened surface fragments available at destroyed titans?

I was at Taranis earlier today and I couldn't get them to show, even with the pulse thingy.

Thanks. I guess I'll try and get some when the next titan bombing starts.
You might be better off either doing it while things are still quiet, or waiting until the next titan bombing ends and the Titan is in meltdown.

Just make sure your ship can stay cold while you’re searching for those abrasion-blastable things :)

You might be better off either doing it while things are still quiet, or waiting until the next titan bombing ends and the Titan is in meltdown.

Just make sure your ship can stay cold while you’re searching for those abrasion-blastable things :)
Does it matter what you use to get them? I'm cold (about 17%) looking for no problem, but as soon as I take (open cold laser) 1-2 then immediately around the hell begins, cannons firing, interceptors arrive with a swarm, scouts. They do not care that I am cold, and have to hide behind the asteroid :( Wait and again.
To me, this is the most difficult element of the 3, but for some reason it takes 2 :(

Does it matter what you use to get them? I'm cold (about 17%) looking for no problem, but as soon as I take (open cold laser) 1-2 then immediately around the hell begins, cannons firing, interceptors arrive with a swarm, scouts.
I don’t understand. As soon as you take what?

It is good to keep in mind that while a heat level below 20% prevents Thargoid patrols from noticing you straight away, they can still spot you if they fly close enough; and how close is close enough depends on your heat level, I think. (Also, aggroed Thargoids appear to be able to see human ships from a larger distance.) That’s why, in order to avoid being seen, it is a good idea to keep the heat level as low as possible; and that is why a beam laser with the Thermal Vent effect is indispensable for these kinds of operations (heat sinks also work, but will run out quickly).

(Disclaimer: I have not done any operations at a live Titan since Oya’s destruction. It is quite possible that Thargoid aggressiveness at the remaining Titans is higher now than it used to be.)

It's very strange. Today I decided to move to HADAD. I flew in (flying in single mode), I saw a green (ally) T10 spinning near Titan, and while he was attacked by all this crowd of scouts, swarms and interceptors I dug up 69 fossils.

I'll shoot a cold laser at the green dot to knock out the material.
By “cold laser” I presume you mean an abrasion blaster.
It's very strange. Today I decided to move to HADAD. I flew in (flying in single mode), I saw a green (ally) T10 spinning near Titan, and while he was attacked by all this crowd of scouts, swarms and interceptors I dug up 69 fossils.
Apparently you were lucky today :) Yes, these AX NPCs can help by diverting Thargoid attention from you.

BTW, were your previous attempts in Open?

By “cold laser” I presume you mean an abrasion blaster.
No. Beam laser + thermalvent.

There was a single player game before that too, but on Titan with max defense.

And also, there were often two collections from one point, before it was always one.

No. Beam laser + thermalvent.
I see.
Hmm, I wonder if that might be the source of your problem. IIRC Thermal Vent does not work when you shoot it at a a bio-storage chamber (i.e. your heat goes up as if you were shooting into open space); might be the same with those Coarse Hull Surfaces (if I remember the name correctly). I don’t know, I have always used an abrasion blaster to shoot them off.

I asked about Open because, as I said earlier, having other CMDRs in the instance tends to mean having aggroed Thargoid patrols around, which apparently can spot you even if you are running cool (especially Glaives).
And also, there were often two collections from one point, before it was always one.
Interesting. AFAIR I have been always getting at least two fragments from one spot (with abrasion blaster).

Top Bottom