Horizons NEW Mission: Decoding the Anciant Ruins

So there is more to the ancient ruin site than scanning obelisks and collecting trinkets for trade? I'm hoping it turns out to be some kind of transport to the other side of the galaxy or something like that. Maybe that's expecting too much...

Right now, it is appearing to be a very difficult mission indeed...collecting things and using specific combinations of those things in your SRV to unlock the obelisks. There appears to be more things to unlock than are at the only know ruins site, so it is likely that there are more sites out there that we are not aware of. It also appears that the unlock combinations are different for every commander, so if one is going to earn the 100 million, they are going to have to do it on their own...no internet search for the keys for this one...

Right now, it is appearing to be a very difficult mission indeed...collecting things and using specific combinations of those things in your SRV to unlock the obelisks. There appears to be more things to unlock than are at the only know ruins site, so it is likely that there are more sites out there that we are not aware of. It also appears that the unlock combinations are different for every commander, so if one is going to earn the 100 million, they are going to have to do it on their own...no internet search for the keys for this one...

if that is true, i'll go and stack some massacre missions at 17 Draconis. Oh wait... doh

I was sort of hoping that the ruins site actually did something. That would be more interesting than earning credits, for me anyway.

I was sort of hoping that the ruins site actually did something. That would be more interesting than earning credits, for me anyway.

Well, as the first bits and pieces are being discovered, there is a ton of information on the Guardians. It still looks at if there are additional currently undiscovered ruins that need to be found to continue on with solving this. It does appear as if there are lesser payouts of 1 million a pop for each obelisk decoded for those who want to spend some time on this.

Given that this mission has a time limit (albeit a long one) and that we only know the location of one site currently doesn't it seem better to not visit Felice Dock for the time being but wait until all the sites have been discovered before starting the timer? I'm not suggesting we wait until some other mug has done all the hard work, just that the discovery of the other two sites may well happen outside of the obelisk puzzle (e.g. from Galnet hints) and that starting to solve that puzzle before we have all the pieces may be premature.

Thoughts?

Given that this mission has a time limit (albeit a long one) and that we only know the location of one site currently doesn't it seem better to not visit Felice Dock for the time being but wait until all the sites have been discovered before starting the timer? I'm not suggesting we wait until some other mug has done all the hard work, just that the discovery of the other two sites may well happen outside of the obelisk puzzle (e.g. from Galnet hints) and that starting to solve that puzzle before we have all the pieces may be premature.

Thoughts?

That did occur to me too. I have only signed up one of my cmdrs just in case ;)

I'm assuming FD must have thought of this... and so it will be fine. If not I can see the complaint threads now...

I'm only getting half of this conversation...

So far I have been given the mission, and I've found the images of the site, and a spreadsheet with some stuff listed in tabs, but none of it makes sense.
Is there a spreadsheet for where we need to go, and what to collect?
Just asking for a friend [hotas]

I'm only getting half of this conversation...

So far I have been given the mission, and I've found the images of the site, and a spreadsheet with some stuff listed in tabs, but none of it makes sense.
Is there a spreadsheet for where we need to go, and what to collect?
Just asking for a friend [hotas]

Go here ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...9-The-Canonn?p=4672165&viewfull=1#post4672165

Open spoiler labelled "INSTRUCTIONS for the Ruin's site + combo map".

Instructions therein.

I spent a good hour and a half looking for this vital bit of information..
Thank you! Have a +1 for your rep!! :D

o7

That thread is a monster but Rizal does an amazing job of keeping those first 4 posts up to date with all the latest info on Aliens, etc.

holy carp! I am out, way to complex for me, but hats off to you who fathom it, I will just reap your rewards and sight see the area.
its great that this kind of content is in the game for those who enjoy it tho, its a whole side to the game which i will never see but still.. good stuff.

Last edited:
Has anyone completed the mission and received the 100,000,000 Cr or is that just the hook to get CMD to go looking at the ruins?

HOLY MACKEREL!!! This was just released yesterday, enjoy!! study it, try and error, some of you want it already handed to you, where to go what to do, LOL!!! Then I am sure people start complaining about lack of content... doh!

Unless someone finds atleast one more ruin site, there is no completing this mission it seems like.

In time, we will find the additional sites, but not before a steady stream of commanders seeing promises of riches. I will say though that the 100 mil reward for this does seem right in line with the rest of exploration...if you are in it for the money, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
In time, we will find the additional sites, but not before a steady stream of commanders seeing promises of riches. I will say though that the 100 mil reward for this does seem right in line with the rest of exploration...if you are in it for the money, you are going to be sorely disappointed.
You get no argument from me on any of those points :)

Top Bottom