New Official Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous News!

I disagree. Building the park would be very interesting, to see the setbacks, to see other mistakes that were made.

About capturing them, what about how Masrani had to capture the dinosaurs for Jurassic World?

Let's also not forget that we can have a similar series to CC but in the 90s, similar to JP:TG, but officially canon.

There is a lot of potential. Of you don't like it, then don't watch it. But, just because it's not your interest doesn't mean that others won't want it

Edit: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR DOMINION.

The thing is that all of those things don't have big setbacks or mistakes and just can't feature those things without breaking canon. If there were, they would have factored into the movie. The events of Jurassic Park kick off with the accident of one person - the story and characters don't make sense if people were getting hurt and dinosaurs were escaping before that. One accident wouldn't cause an inspection if accidents were commonplace and Hammond, Wu and Arnold wouldn't be so arrogantly sure of the perfection of their system.

Similarly, if Masrani or BioSyn had heavy losses during their expeditions, it would've been featured in their stories or at least supplementary canon material such as the DPG or Dinotracker. We already know their expeditions are successful because we've seen the results, so why would this be interesting? It'll just be another retread of the same thing we saw in TLW with the InGen hunters and Wheatley's crew in FK. The reason JP3 killed this franchise for 14 years before JW revived it is because these movies just became about "people go to dinosaur island and then leave again" without seeing the park aspect or moving the story into a new direction. If you really want to kill it for another 14 years, sure, go do this.

What's the point of keeping to the franchise canon if you can't tell a story without breaking it? It doesn't help that canon is a straight up mess in the first place.

• JP: Dinosaur cloning facilities are here and Hammond personally insists on being there for the birth of every dinosaur that lives here. Also we have this selection of dinosaurs.
  • TLW: No wait, we had a literal factory on another island where we originally cloned the dinosaurs and we shipped them in from there instead. There's different dinosaurs there. Hammond realizes the dino should be left alone.
  • JP3: Actually, we have a bunch of OTHER dinosaurs there.
  • DPG: Turns out InGen made those others in secret, but then took the remaining dinosaurs off of Sorna after they destroyed the ecosystem.
  • JW: Hammond told Masrani dinosaurs SHOULDN'T be left alone, instead he should build a new park. Nublar again has a specific selection of dinosaurs living on it.
  • FK: ALL living dinosaurs are on Nublar. There are NONE anywhere else. These somehow include a ton of species that were never on Nublar in the previous movie. If these dinosaurs die, ALL dinosaurs are EXTINCT. Blue is the LAST of her species. Also, Hammond and his old partner Lockwood didn't build the original factory on Sorna, they made the original dinosaurs in their basement. Hammond had a falling out with Lockwood because he cloned his dead daughter, who died in an accident.
  • Dinotracker: Oh wait, a bunch of Sorna raptors and other Sorna species ended up on the mainland... Somehow.
  • Dominion: Oh all those other dinos? Yeah, we took 'em from Sorna. Also, Lockwood DIDN'T clone his dead daughter. His daughter cloned herself and THEN died not in an accident but of a genetic disease. Not sure what Hammond had to do with that...

Why on earth would you hold on to this canon, let alone try to break it even further by setting new stories in gaps where no dramatic incidents take place?

As for "if you don't like it, don't watch it"... what kind of argument is that? You realize that to know if you don't like something you need to watch it first? "If they make something boring, don't complain because you did it yourself?"

Last edited:
As for "if you don't like it, don't watch it"... what kind of argument is that? You realize that to know if you don't like something you need to watch it first? "If they make something boring, don't complain because you did it yourself?"
Yeah? Your point? As I said, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

You know, y'all are forgetting that Jurassic Park doesn't have to be about people getting killed for your entertainment. There are many other stories to tell, such as the wonder of the 1st dinosaurs brought back to life, what they learned about them, that kinda thing.

Also, you're forgetting that, in the novel, lots of accidents happened before the main events (and very few deaths due to dinosaurs; at least 1, possibly 3). It was all covered up, so how likely is it to break canon of having accidents in a park that was kept secret anyway? Nobody would know

The novel isn't canon to the movies, though. Things in the book happen for very different reasons and the characters act very different too. If anything, that just supports my argument that this canon should be left to die and it should be rebooted closer to the novel.

And yeah, we could have a Jurassic prequel just about successfully cloning a bunch of dinosaurs that we've already seen and have nothing go wrong. I'd personally probably enjoy that if they played it as a Mockumentary or something.

But what would it even have in it? Hammond showing investors his tiny elephant? Trick question: that's just another thing that's book canon, not movie canon. According to FK, Lockwood and Hammond in movie canon made dinosaurs in their basement before going to investors.

But Universal will never make that. Like, it's not even in the realm of possibility. To them this is an action adventure franchise about people running from dinosaurs and selling toys of those dinosaurs, preferably new ones. And if Universal loses the media rights to Crichton's Jurassic Park, we lose this canon anyway.

The only options are:
  • Make this canon an even bigger mess by setting prequel adventures in places the canon shows no incidents took place.
  • Keep going forward into the direction we're going and watch the Fast & Furious crossover in three years.
  • Go forward into a different direction to make better dinosaur adventure movies. This would be okay, but absolutely held back by the messy canon and story the Jurassic World movies created.
  • Reboot it. Don't be held back by the franchises plothole ridden retcon heavy canon or its inaccurate designs. Make it closer to the book, but update it. And spend a serious amount of time in the only part of the franchise that was ever truly great - Jurassic Park.

I'm going to keep gunning for that last one because this is a franchise of huge wasted potential that's locked off by the sequels and their stories. And yeah, if they make a bunch of awful prequels I guess I won't watch it. Because they'll be garbage.

I'm already seriously debating whether to watch season 5 of Camp Cretaceous because like everything else in this franchise it went off the rails the moment they got away from the Park.

Last edited:
There's no point arguing over it anymore. But:

1. I know the novels aren't canon, I was just giving an example
2. I personally enjoyed all the sequels, and TLW is my favorite film

This was just an idea, but some of y'all are taking it to immediately talk about how terrible the JP sequels and JW trilogy are.

(Also, spoiler alerts, man. I haven't seen Dominion. I'm not giving an opinion until I see it)

Sorry about that, I expected with JWE2's new update pretty much spoiling the entire plot people wouldn't be here if they cared about spoilers. I'll add a spoiler warning to my post.

Also, I don't hate the sequels, I enjoy them for what they are but I'm under no illusions that they were truly great (TLW is the best of the sequels but even it struggles to find its place).

I'm just saying I'm pretty sure that devotion to this increasingly stretched and breaking continuity going forward is going to seriously hold the franchise back in the future. If it was still just JP and TLW, I'd be interested. But the franchise has had so many retcons and plotholes introduced, especially in the last two films, that I can honestly only see future products getting worse by sticking with it.

I know what you mean. You know, the same thing happened with Star Wars, just in that case it's far more noticeable, plus the fact that they make it up as they go along.

With Jurassic, there isn't much to do due to the format, you know? As you said a (doc) mockumentary about building the park/s would be interesting.
My cousin suggested what about indigenous people on Costa Rica (or maybe the islands themselves) having to live out their lives with dinosaurs. Sounds kinda like Terra Nova to me

EDIT: and no worries about the spoilers. I'm probably gonna end up finding out a lot before I get the chance to see the film anyways, as spoilers are everywhere

Yeah I get what you mean about Star Wars. The strangest thing about it is that it's a huge universe and they could be going anywhere. Star Wars at its core is just the title - wars in space. Sometimes it's fantasy knights, sometimes it's western gangs or sometimes it's WW2 dogfights but you can take just about any armed conflict and put it in sci-fi space clothes and you've got yourself some Star Wars. You could tell almost any story in it. Instead, they seem to stay completely stuck to things that came before.

Jurassic Park doesn't have that luxury. It's thematically very rich, but the story itself is pretty straightforward and you can't really remove it too far away from the park before it just stops being Jurassic Park. I think TLW pushed that just about as far as it can go and Dominion finally went too far.

(Without spoiling anything, the most common complaint I've seen about Dominion is that the story isn't really about Jurassic Park stuff. Camp Cretaceous season 4, moving away from the island and moving on to different ideas with robots and holograms, received similar complaints).

I guess what I'm saying is Jurassic Park is limited by scope but Star Wars is limited by choice. I think the latter is worse, personally.

It's why I want Jurassic Park rebooted but not Star Wars. For JP I think it's the best way to regain the narrative freedom to do new things. Star Wars has that freedom, but it just refuses to use it.

Edit for typos.

Edit: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR DOMINION.

The thing is that all of those things don't have big setbacks or mistakes and just can't feature those things without breaking canon. If there were, they would have factored into the movie. The events of Jurassic Park kick off with the accident of one person - the story and characters don't make sense if people were getting hurt and dinosaurs were escaping before that. One accident wouldn't cause an inspection if accidents were commonplace and Hammond, Wu and Arnold wouldn't be so arrogantly sure of the perfection of their system.

Similarly, if Masrani or BioSyn had heavy losses during their expeditions, it would've been featured in their stories or at least supplementary canon material such as the DPG or Dinotracker. We already know their expeditions are successful because we've seen the results, so why would this be interesting? It'll just be another retread of the same thing we saw in TLW with the InGen hunters and Wheatley's crew in FK. The reason JP3 killed this franchise for 14 years before JW revived it is because these movies just became about "people go to dinosaur island and then leave again" without seeing the park aspect or moving the story into a new direction. If you really want to kill it for another 14 years, sure, go do this.

What's the point of keeping to the franchise canon if you can't tell a story without breaking it? It doesn't help that canon is a straight up mess in the first place.

• JP: Dinosaur cloning facilities are here and Hammond personally insists on being there for the birth of every dinosaur that lives here. Also we have this selection of dinosaurs.
  • TLW: No wait, we had a literal factory on another island where we originally cloned the dinosaurs and we shipped them in from there instead. There's different dinosaurs there. Hammond realizes the dino should be left alone.
  • JP3: Actually, we have a bunch of OTHER dinosaurs there.
  • DPG: Turns out InGen made those others in secret, but then took the remaining dinosaurs off of Sorna after they destroyed the ecosystem.
  • JW: Hammond told Masrani dinosaurs SHOULDN'T be left alone, instead he should build a new park. Nublar again has a specific selection of dinosaurs living on it.
  • FK: ALL living dinosaurs are on Nublar. There are NONE anywhere else. These somehow include a ton of species that were never on Nublar in the previous movie. If these dinosaurs die, ALL dinosaurs are EXTINCT. Blue is the LAST of her species. Also, Hammond and his old partner Lockwood didn't build the original factory on Sorna, they made the original dinosaurs in their basement. Hammond had a falling out with Lockwood because he cloned his dead daughter, who died in an accident.
  • Dinotracker: Oh wait, a bunch of Sorna raptors and other Sorna species ended up on the mainland... Somehow.
  • Dominion: Oh all those other dinos? Yeah, we took 'em from Sorna. Also, Lockwood DIDN'T clone his dead daughter. His daughter cloned herself and THEN died not in an accident but of a genetic disease. Not sure what Hammond had to do with that...

Why on earth would you hold on to this canon, let alone try to break it even further by setting new stories in gaps where no dramatic incidents take place?

The Lockwood lab wasn't a factory lab, it seemed like they were using it as their research and initial cloning, then there was the fallout with Lockwood and it went elsewhere.

The entire thing with Lockwood's daughter in Dominion is something confusion as hell there. The ages also don't really make sense there in the timeline for Maisie at all, you'd need for her to be 5-10 years older there since Fallen Kingdom puts that as before Jurassic Park when she died and heavily implies that the split between Lockwood and Hammond was due to Lockwood deciding he wanted to clone his daughter.

You also missed the things from Evolution of Claire in that which adds yet another crazy genetic company trying to steal information from InGen/Masrani along with other oddities. Also from the Live Show which adds other things.

I'd also point out that Sorna and Site B makes a LOT of sense for it. They have space to study the new species to try to figure out how to best display them, especially considering the potential health issues they might have (Spend how much to set up exhibits for a new species only to have them all die). Most zoos have off site locations anyway where they don't show guests and let them also quarantine animals and begin training before display.

JP3 had a very simple explanation for a lot of the extra dinosaurs before they added Amalgam and then the BioSyn infiltration stuff. The raptors are just a different version, perhaps ones meant as a replacement for the JP ones as less of a problem...with the TLW ones being the same line as the original ones. The others were basically dinosaurs that were being worked on that they didn't expect to go anywhere but managed to thrive. And something like the Spinosaurus might have been misidentified while young...

Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, Season Five is on its way. And it is the final season of the show!

The struggles the 6 campers faced will all come down to this. With returning dino characters, relationship dramas, new dinosaurs (one such, in the video below, is a non-dinosaur that I currently believe is a Nothosaur!), and the conspiracy practices Mantah Corp has initiated with Kenji forced into it by his father, the CEO of this shady organization.

I look forward to see how it all ends this July!

Source: https://twitter.com/jurassicworld/status/1540014503923879936?s=21

Last edited:
Tonight, my mother and I have watched the first seven episodes of Camp Cretaceous, Season 5, the final Season for Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous! So, this will contain spoilers for those who haven't seen Season 5's seven episodes yet, and only these episodes.

The first episode starts off where the last episode of Season 4 left. Daniel, Kenji's father, was revealed to be the CEO of Mantah Corp. But he only became so when Jurassic World fell. Kash black mailed Sammy's family to do the deal she was forced into, but not Daniel himself, and her family is okay, but Daniel did buy the farm which is where the facility's meat supply comes from. At first, he seemed like a charming, nice guy, but he has a hidden, darker ambition in truth.

Daniel wants the dinos to fight, among others for something "new" for his investors. A way to gain money for himself, his son, and his company. The control chips aren't really "mind control" like they take over a victim's awareness or so on, which was already known since Season 4 when tested on Firecracker. The dinos, instead, are perfectly self-aware, yet can't move at all in their will unless manually controlled by a user's controller connected to the chips. So, this is corporate greed with the exploitation of unethical animal cruelty, just with a rather delusional agenda mixed in with it.

Three investors came to the island, but two, and even Kash, were killed by the first group of dinos chipped with the implants. Kash himself by the Velociraptor pair. The remaining investor, a woman named Mileena, who's real investor group is Biosyn Genetics, wants more by going back to Isla Nublar.

In the course of the story, distrust and confusion takes over the heroes when Daniel, who is a genius master manipulator, manipulates Kenji and his friends' relationship to keep them away from the Kons, as Daniel is that dangerous to put their lives in danger to get what he wants, and keep his son with him from finding out about the truth of everything going on. (Daniel does care for Kenji dearly as any father would and should, to the point of even having him help with his plans to varying degrees, but can be easily disappointed as hinted throughout the entire show) Especially when the kids see Kenji get comfortable of controlling Toro, implanted by Hawks, who is brought in alongside others to help capture dinos from Nublar to please Biosyn.

Especially Lewis Dodgson.

Dodgson arrives to Nublar to help with selected dinos he has listed, and is the one who finds the Barbasol can from the first film. Explaining how he got it in Jurassic World: Dominon. It is he who is interested in the implants, and is maybe how he got something similar in Dominion. But of course, there are shady actors in the group, when Mileena attempts to steal the can for herself for the black market, another theme highlighted in Dominion itself, but not before she is killed by a pack of compies, even demonstrating their venomous bites for the first time on-screen.

Meanwhile, the kids on the island do what they can. Conflicted by who Kenji may be at heart, after he himself is consumed by the love for his parent and the latter's manipulation on him about his friends, the remaining kids try to protect the dinos for when the others arrive, but in the process damaged the main core of the base. The first signs of the danger were two powerful earthquake-like shakes which spooked the Eaties, and can be felt just as powerful all the way on Nublar. Mantah Corp's island has become ticking time bomb...

All the dinos, including the Eaties, are taken care of by the kids. They also find themselves encountering a new dino on the island, as well as the show in general. A Nothosaurus, a lizard-like reptile from the Triassic seas. Earlier, I speculated that an unknown creature in the novelization of Season 4 may be a crocodilian, but instead of one in the actual show, it is a nothosaur. Though, I can't say that is what those things were in the book...

During these difficult times, Yaz is having struggles about how she feels for Sammy. It was already tamely hinted throughout, until now.

Also meanwhile, Brandon, Darius' older brother, and the two camp counselors from Season 1, have arrived on Nublar in hopes of finding Darius and the others. It’s only a matter of time for them to realize they are no longer on Nublar, but Mantah Corp's top secret island.

I know Kenji and the others must restore their trust and friendship, as well as repairing his and Brooklyn's broken heart. The question is how exactly?

Normally I would watch the rest of the 5 remaining episodes with my mom the next evening as before, but I will be out of town for much of the weekend. So, we will hopefully watch the rest on Sunday night. I won't talk about the remaining episodes until then to see how it ends and talk about what's new for Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous in general.

Last edited:
Although initially planned for Sunday night, my mom and I decided to watch the rest of Camp Cretaceous today night, thanks to our work schedules. Because of this, I can finally talk about the rest of thew show and how it all ends...

Kenji, since episode six of this season, starts to see the light of his errors, especially when Daniel and his men capture and control Bumpy, whom he and his friends have been around with since the start of it all. Mae Turner stays behind to dispose of DNA sample Biosyn wanted, as well as to protect the dinos, while also coming across the camp counselors and Brandon after they come across the abandoned camp of the hunters from the second season.

On the island, the kids protect the dinos, as well as Bumpy when the others return from Nublar. The Nothosaur is brought to the swamp biome, which adds more of a high possibility that this species maybe indeed be the mysterious creatures from the novel of season 4. Yaz and Sammy finally get together. And Kenji, seeing the light, move to the path of redemption to his friends, as well as fixing the broken heart of his and Brooklyn's.

Now together once again, they stop Daniel and his men, as well as Hawks, from the greedy, unethical, corrupt plans of Mantah Corp. Toro, a Dimorphodon, Limbo, and the Spinosaurus were controlled by the chips, but were freed when all controllers broke, and Bumpy freed herself when she fought it.

Of course, the action doesn't go unclimactic all the way as it sounds. During the chaos of the controlled and uncontrolled dinos, Big Eatie becomes severely injured when the Spinosaur crushes on her neck, only to quickly recover and come back when it later prepares to kill Darius, destroying the controller controlling it and freeing it, as well as Littel Eatie eating Hawks when she joins in, both driving the Spinosaurus away.

Daniel revealed he was the one who blackmailed Sammy's family in the first place so that she can give him what he wanted and is the kind of guy who will kill them if they didn't give him the password they changed. The password was given, which could explain how Biosyn got the chips, but when the unstable core goes into meltdown mode again, and when Daniel leaves, he wants Kenji to join him, but he refuses. Kenji, now fully redeemed with his friends, seeing the light as he does, disowns his father for good to stay with the other campers as they are his real family, disgusted by his former father's corruptness over all else, including his own son. He leaves unharmed, while the overload is revealed to have been faked as it is now restabled, keeping the island in one piece.

Now Mantah Corp's island is a sanctuary for the dinos on it, including Bumpy. They can now finally live on it in peace.

In the end, with the help of Dr. Turner, the counselors and Brandon arrive on the island, rescuing the kids at long last, and Darius reuniting with his brother. Daniel is officially arrested after being noted by Mae Turner and is sentenced to jail for his corrupt and killer crimes. The kids are brought to the mainland where they are reunited with their families. During Darius' presentation on stage, he shares his speech on how they survived and calls the group "The Nublar Six".

Two years later, Kenji is now adopted by the Bowman family, he and Brooklyn are now full-on boyfriend and girlfriend after sharing kisses on their way off the island, Yaz and Sammy being together in Texas, and Ben visiting the former Mantah Corp island for the Summer to spend time with Bumpy and Turner, the latter who is looking out for the dinos. They keep in touch via video chat, and Brooklyn tells the expanded Bowman family that, since their home is located near the Lockwood Mannor, something strange has said to happen. In the final seconds of the show, Darius sees what it is: The aftermath of the events of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, when a Brachiosaurus raises out of the tress outside his window...

It's been a long journey watching this show, and I've enjoyed it all the way through! But...

While Season 5 marks the end of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous's story, that doesn't mean Camp Cretaceous is all over as a whole, as there is at least one more known thing coming to it much later on: A standalone interactive special known as "Hidden Adventure", where the kids must work together to survive on Isla Nublar, as well as uncovering some unknown secrets on it...
And I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Last edited:
Today, the trailer for Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous - Hidden Adventure has just been posted to n the official Dreamworks TV Twitter account!

This is an interactive special of Camp Cretaceous in some sort of attraction called “Hidden Adventure”, where you help the kids, or teens technically, survive and explore Isla Nublar like never before! With new stuff such as rollercoasters, and a dino that looks just like a t.rex! I wonder though if it’s something else?

All of this is coming out on November 15, next month!

Source: https://twitter.com/dreamworkstv/status/1582401228926963712?s=46&t=3g8dwC_obWpxbW_vaUJq1g

Last edited:
Animation Magazine has an article where showrunner Scott Kreamer talks about how viewers will be placed in Darius' shoes to make the decisions for the episode. At the same time, says the theropod is something never seen before in the show or the films.

Assuming he means theropod species, which I have no doubts at this point, then this is a new species introduced into the main series. All day, I have been speculating on 5 possible guesses on what it might be that fits its generalized appearance. Its shape and size to be precise. I know lots who talk about it online guess it to be Tarbosaurus and follow along, and that is one of my guesses, but there are several other dinosaurs that can fit that appearance besides it.

1. Tarbosaurus
2. Zhuchengtyrannus
3. Bistahieversor
4. Daspletosaurus
5. Alamotyrannus (though an informally named taxon, it doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be used in any way. Though I don't think that thing is this, the possibility of using such dinosaur in general can't ever be ruled out until disproven.)

Last edited:
Any possible game content?
If there will be another Camp Cretaceous themed PDLC, like I currently believe so, as I have since the CC dino pack’s announcement, all ideas of it being a “Mantah Corp theme” DLC are gone. Solely, because if that tyrannosaurus, along with the other Mantah Corp species and designs (ex: Little Eatie), are to be brought into the game somehow and all together, it might just be a generalized Camp Cretaceous themed DLC. It turns out there are more dino stuff on Isla Nublar in Camp Cretaceous in general, and that the CC dino pack never had all of them as I previously thought.

However, while the possibility of another dino pack can’t ever be ruled out until disproven, I’m currently not leaning towards that possibility.

Last edited:
Looking at how this interactive episode may go, I believe this will be a case where the outcome ending is the same, but the story on getting to that outcome varies greatly by depending on how you make your choices through Darius’ point of view.

The plot itself is about the campers finding a secret food stash. Scott Kreamer in the Animation Magazine article I shared above says it takes place between seasons two and three.

If there are any differences in the ending, I believe they would be minor like dialogue differences here and there, but nothing major like “good and bad ending results.”

Top Bottom