News New Player Minor Faction System

ok, so this is going to be an odd question.. and one that is frustrating for me lol..

My squad took a vote on all the options for the minor faction, its been accepted and in game.. they knew full well that there was no changing it after it was accepted..

They now do not like one bit and want it changed, iv reminded them that it cant be..
Is there any way to 'unselect' it on the form submission page so I can submit a new one and change its name and the one tiny thing they now do not like? its a pain in the....

or would I need to login with a different account and re-submit it etc?
No, there's no way to change it now... and only one successful PMF application per registered group is allowed.

ok, so this is going to be an odd question.. and one that is frustrating for me lol..

My squad took a vote on all the options for the minor faction, its been accepted and in game.. they knew full well that there was no changing it after it was accepted..

They now do not like one bit and want it changed, iv reminded them that it cant be..
Is there any way to 'unselect' it on the form submission page so I can submit a new one and change its name and the one tiny thing they now do not like? its a pain in the....

or would I need to login with a different account and re-submit it etc?
You can't keep changing your mind every five minute Boris.

@Will Flanagan - has the "7 factions limit" been lifted?

I ask that because this week I noticed a new PMF was created, back in april, in a system which had 7 factions. So today there are 8 factions there.

Hi, I filled out the form to submit my player group a week ago. How am I meant to know when it's registered and I can go ahead with the player faction? Do I get an email? Also, about how long should I expect to be waiting?
Thanks!

I've submitted a request today. I've read somewhere that it takes up to 72 hours for application to be reviewed, but from what I've read here, doesn't make me very optmistic.

The faction limit is 8. Most systems have at most 7, making way for pmfs
When was the faction limit been raised from 7 to 8?\

As far as I know, around 2017 the "7 factions limit" was placed. When we applied for our PMF, we couldn't choose a system with 7 factions.

Back then, systems with 8 or 9 factions were remnant of BGS expansions prior to the "7 factions limit".

When was the faction limit been raised from 7 to 8?\

As far as I know, around 2017 the "7 factions limit" was placed. When we applied for our PMF, we couldn't choose a system with 7 factions.

Back then, systems with 8 or 9 factions were remnant of BGS expansions prior to the "7 factions limit".
I don't know, but I think I saw it on one of the forms as I was signing up. I haven't been playing for too long, so I don't know about any changes.
@Will Flanagan - has the "7 factions limit" been lifted?

I ask that because this week I noticed a new PMF was created, back in april, in a system which had 7 factions. So today there are 8 factions there.
And looking at this, it seems pretty likely.

Perhaps they changed the limit strictly for PMF creation.

If you start to expand from a system but the first 8 closest systems already have 7 factions, and the 9th system has at most 6 factions, you will expand to the 9th system.... because of the 7 factions limit.

Before applying for a player minor faction, please ensure you’ve notified us of your Player Group
By "player group" are they referring to the name of the squadron? Because if so I may have goofed up the first half of the process.

By "player group" are they referring to the name of the squadron? Because if so I may have goofed up the first half of the process.
'Player Group' is just the name that you and your friends go by, lets say you call yourselves 'The Cool Games Group'. Once you've registered your group with Frontier you can apply to add a new faction to the game, for example you may want to add "The Guardians of Discovery" faction to the LHS 99945 system. In-game Squadron names are not related to either of those and Squadrons can be created and disbanded whenever you want.

And I still haven't got an official answer :(
Player factions can definitely be added to systems that contain 7 NPC factions, I've seen it happen multiple times recently. Presumably it avoids them having to reject applications all the time because systems are full up.
It incidentally prevents players from filling all the systems around 'their' already added faction with NPC factions to prevent other player factions being added nearby.

PMF's and squadrons that have no activity after a certain time should be purged, leaving the base open for someone else. Leave it to the NPC's.

Top Bottom