News New Player Minor Faction System

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Who is this we

Who is this mysterious "we" you speak about?

We: The players. I mean, not the fan who can grind for 5years and playing RP on they're head.
I mean players who already have leave the game for 90%. And waiting for real updates.

You know, that's why Frontier is waking up, because actually, this game is just a desert.
If YOU (I mean, the fan old school who want a static game) want Elite Dangerous alive for years, you need to leave the 80's and accept updates. And stop just troll "new players". Else, they'll just leave, and this game will die.

We: The players. I mean, not the fan who can grind for 5years and playing RP on they're head.
I mean players who already have leave the game for 90%. And waiting for real updates.

You know, that's why Frontier is waking up, because actually, this game is just a desert.
If YOU (I mean, the fan old school who want a static game) want Elite Dangerous alive for years, you need to leave the 80's and accept updates. And stop just troll "new players". Else, they'll just leave, and this game will die.

Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha ha. People have been predicting the game will die before it even launched. Seems to be doing just fine. As to games from the 80's, what are you on about.

As to the players, I am one too and have no wish to see faction ownership and all that crap in this game. If I wanted that I would be playing a different game.

Basically, this is not the game you are looking for currently. It may turn into it later on, but I seriously hope it never does. I could see a lot of people leaving the game if it turns into a corporation sim.

As to stuff being static, it is not and never has been. Maybe you need to play the game a bit more to see how it works.

Please stop with the veiled insults. They are not very clever.

huh, a major competitor just released a base building feature in the same 24hr period, weird.

Yeah but their bases are instant and built by you (the player) - I mean where's the fun in that?

Me I would rather have no real ownership, wait nearly a year to be forgotten about, then a few months longer to be told the place I selected is full of PMFs who's players have left the game - I mean come on! there is no competition really!

I've hear this empty arguments a lot of time on this board, and this is why this game became a desert.
Rare "normal players" come on a solo game board. And when they come here (it mean, they're invested players) they have "It's not for you, wrong game, go away, we want a game not a game, we want RP on the head and no gameplay".

Well, listen to me dude, NOW people like me are on the Frontier way, because due to your "empty" way, the number of active players are going down.

Now they want factions, new PVP ( with Factional Warfare on open world) and ALL the logic features that people like me want for years.
I hope it's not too late, and people will try again Elite AFTER the updated, else, this game will die due to NO ACTIVE PLAYERS. Due to people like you.

Last edited:
I've hear this empty arguments a lot of time on this board, and this is why this game became a desert.
Are you talking to yourself. That is a sign of madness.

Rare "normal players" come on a solo game board. And when they come here (it mean, they're invested players) they have "It's not for you, wrong game, go away, we want a game not a game, we want RP on the head and no gameplay".
What are you talking about.

Well, listen to me dude, NOW people like me are on the Frontier way, because due to your "empty" way, the number of active players are going down.
Nobody knows how many active players there are. What is the Frontier Way and what is the empty way?

Now they want factions, new PVP ( with Factional Warfare on open world) and ALL the logic features that people like me want for years.
I hope it's not too late, and people will try again Elite AFTER the updated, else, this game will die due to NO ACTIVE PLAYERS. Due to people like you.
Who wants this? Due to people like whom as you seem to be speaking to yourself.

Well, with this type of reactions, there is only 80's fan on this board. Well play guys.

But Frontier just wake up in the "good" direction (good mean active players per day, and not better gameplay ofc.), and this is a reality.
"We" (so muuuuuuuch topics) for years for this actual patchs. And they just lock our topics, people who only defend "80's gameplay with no interraction" just troll and say "Go on Eve". Nice argumentation.

But Now, Frontier know what to do.

Thanks FDev !

Got 350h in this game and I just LOVE it =D

Can't wait to see everything coming for chapter 4 and the paid DLC !!!

Playing pretty much each day and having a lot of fun on our 4k+ player group for PS4 on facebook, lot of nice people willing to party and help. Awesome community !

Just have to stay faaaar away from the poor salty desert wanderers that lost their mind long ago and spend more time winning about everything than actually playing games...

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Oh. Play the BGS. I never thought of that. I see why they made you a mod, since you are so clever.

OK, with that tone we have nothing to speak about. Good luck with getting your rares back dude.

4 letters: L M A O. That's all I've got to say to this.

Nothing you say will be believed if you can't quote numbers and sources for the fall in active players, and as Steam players are only a fraction of the total figures from them are meaningless unless you can prove how big that fraction is and if it is changing.

I am quite prepared to believe you think that the number of players is falling but that might just be due to the fact that the number of people who want factional warfare etc like yourself have gone elsewhere as that is not Elite a minor background distraction maybe but no more than that.

Every summertime in the Northern hemisphere in every game on every forum it is the same, why are the numbers falling?

People discover outside, most return, some don't; and in the following Autumn/Winter new people are conscripted into gaming - why do you think all the shows are when they are, it's no accident.

Yeah but their bases are instant and built by you (the player) - I mean where's the fun in that?

Me I would rather have no real ownership, wait nearly a year to be forgotten about, then a few months longer to be told the place I selected is full of PMFs who's players have left the game - I mean come on! there is no competition really!

Then oh boy, do I have the game for you!!!

To everyone else: This is a total misstep for FD and looks even worse considering they only really have two competitors out there and both despite their own issues have more flushed out base mechanic systems.

THEN, to roll out this "new" minor player faction system on the same day that NMS rolls out a comprehensive base building and fleet operation update...

It reeks of knee jerk development. Disingenuous on the part of FD and their strategic vision for this game. They're no longer leading, they're reacting.

BUT don't mistake their apathy for being the reason you perceive the player population to be in free fall. Player populations ebb and flow all the time with the seasons and other releases. I think it's too soon after the recent release of NMS to say this is FD's 'fault'

We'll know how the players really feel if season 3 doesn't sell what it should.

Anecdotal I know, but I see more people on my friends list playing ED than have in a long time. The game's not dead, yet.

To everyone else: This is a total misstep for FD and looks even worse considering they only really have two competitors out there and both despite their own issues have more flushed out base mechanic systems.

THEN, to roll out this "new" minor player faction system on the same day that NMS rolls out a comprehensive base building and fleet operation update...

It reeks of knee jerk development. Disingenuous on the part of FD and their strategic vision for this game. They're no longer leading, they're reacting.

BUT don't mistake their apathy for being the reason you perceive the player population to be in free fall. Player populations ebb and flow all the time with the seasons and other releases. I think it's too soon after the recent release of NMS to say this is FD's 'fault'

Anecdotal I know, but I see more people on my friends list playing ED than have in a long time. The game's not dead, yet.

This new system was announced way back before anybody heard about the NEXT update. I think it's just a coincidence. If I remember correctly, the Player Faction inclusion was a CM initiative back in 2015-2016. We had to write to Ed or Brett to get it done. Getting this new system just means that the Dev have allotted resources to make this better and faster. Wich is a good thing for us bgs players.

This new system was announced way back before anybody heard about the NEXT update. I think it's just a coincidence. If I remember correctly, the Player Faction inclusion was a CM initiative back in 2015-2016. We had to write to Ed or Brett to get it done. Getting this new system just means that the Dev have allotted resources to make this better and faster. Wich is a good thing for us bgs players.

I was around back then. I had made them aware of my small group too. Now I'm not jaded about NOT getting in on that, I don't need the feature myself.

But this "fix" isn't much different than what they already had going, just a promise to make it go faster.

It's the LEAST they can do in lieu of an actual base system that NMS rolled out on the same day.

I was around back then. I had made them aware of my small group too. Now I'm not jaded about NOT getting in on that, I don't need the feature myself.

But this "fix" isn't much different than what they already had going, just a promise to make it go faster.

It's the LEAST they can do in lieu of an actual base system that NMS rolled out on the same day.

The base system for NMS has been there for a while now. All they have done is expand on it in the new update.

I don't think this update from FDev has anything to do with NMS and is just a coincidence.

Been waiting for this since we finally got over 10 members recently. Minor Bug reporting that some double name systems are not available. Chick Bara and Mudrama Kaze, possibly due to a recent move in by a player group (I think I know which one). Is there anyway to have a custom government type and set our own prohibition too? I know one of the player groups near use did that with theirs so that they would be Neo-Fuedal and wanted to make ours Neo-Tribal.

Neo-Feudal is just the Imperial Flavour of Feudalism

So each combination of Government type plus Superpower Allegiance (or Independence) gives a descriptor

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132071

Gives a list found so far.

Note some combinations like, as examples, Imperial Theocracy and Federal Communism are invalid

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-really-work-for-Part-2?p=4407023#post4407023

Shows the titles of the faction NPCS

and this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/365607-What-do-the-factions-say

Catalogs the faction comments on various economic and political states, so hopefully between all three it might help in finding the one that best fits the faction you envision

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier

To give a rough timeline, PMF's and PG's started off with Michael Brookes who gave the process it's first-boot in 2015 (if memory serves right). After some time time, the process was transferred to Zac and for a very short period, Ed. The process was then transferred to me since 2016, it has now been transferred to a much more automated process via the website.

The new automated PMF system has been a work in progress for quite some time (talking in months rather weeks). A lot of deliberation went into what does what, and how it'll be managed going forward; and now, we have this new system.

The newer and more automated system takes a massive load of weight off of me when it comes to the player minor faction process.

@Guywired: To be honest, I've not been following No Man's Sky for the better part of this month, only very-recently did I see the news of their new content. I've been busy with a lot of forum updates, sentiment reporting/gathering, and analytical related tasks for the vast majority of July.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom