News New Player Minor Faction System

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings Commanders,

We’re pleased to announce that, starting today, we’re implementing a new and revamped application system for Player Minor Factions.

In re-working the original system for applying for a player minor faction, we are now able to process player minor faction applications with more efficiency and speed. Ultimately, this means that you’ll see your minor factions in-game sooner than before!

Read below for more information:

Why have a minor faction in Elite Dangerous?

A player minor faction is a way for established Player Groups to represent themselves in-game, pushing the agenda of their groups throughout the galaxy.

Once you have submitted a player minor faction, and have it approved by us at Frontier, your player minor faction will show up in one of the three selected systems of your choosing. Your minor faction’s description will show up in a future update of Elite Dangerous.

You will have to manage your minor faction's economy, influence, and other galactic threats! Take part in various actions: combat, performing missions, selling exploration data and so on; other Commanders will be able work with or against your minor faction and therefore, your minor faction will be subject to the actions and functions of the Background Simulation (BGS).

I applied for a minor faction before the introduction of this system…

If you have previously submitted a player minor faction application with the older form, then you will have an update on the status of that application in the coming days. It will either be approved, or rejected, and depending you will need to do the following:

…it was approved and added to the game:

You don’t need to do anything; your minor faction is in the game! This system is for new player minor factions only!

…And it was rejected:

You will need to resubmit your player minor faction application with the new system below.

Apply for a player minor faction today!

Before applying for a player minor faction, please ensure you’ve notified us of your Player Group, which you can do by filling out the form here.

To apply for a player minor faction, please click here.

If you want to follow up on any future player minor faction applications, please contact Customer Support here (please allow for 72 hours after submitting your faction application before contacting Customer Support.)

If you have any questions or feedback about the new system, please reply in this thread.

I am excited to be granted the ability to create my own lore within the Elite universe! Unfortunately, I am currently out of ideas regarding ways to invigorate community collaboration (I'm more of a "Lone Wolf" type most times...also I was getting an authentication error with https://tools.elitedangerous.com/en/factions but that's neither here nor there).

Unofficially, on the other hand, I would like to propose the erection of a sort of "Hall of Fame", honoring the "Elite of the Elite", legendary individual Commanders (such as that guy who went across the galaxy to help another Commander in need). Basically, a small group to point to as examples of "Blazing Your Own Trail" and proof that it can still be done, even so many years after the Kickstarter has come and gone. Even a Codex article would be amazing, and the coding of that (outsider blind-guess here) shouldn't take more than a few paragraphs of code that define about a couple dozen new "Strings" (yes, "Strings" is the programming technical term).

That's a good idea, unfortunatly I doubt it would have much if any traction inside Frontier. From my point of view, the squadron/minor faction were a step toward guild system wich has since been dropped in favor of a more individualist gameplay. That's maybe where your idea can find someone to get it onto a desk or two.. ;)

So is there no way currently to register a new player group, request a minor faction? It seems the link to the player group registration is no longer working...

That's a good idea, unfortunatly I doubt it would have much if any traction inside Frontier. From my point of view, the squadron/minor faction were a step toward guild system wich has since been dropped in favor of a more individualist gameplay. That's maybe where your idea can find someone to get it onto a desk or two.. ;)
Well I DID receive a DM from one of the community managers just a few minutes ago, regarding Community Goals (in a chain of messages that started with me asking about third-party galaxy tracking tools)...meaning in a manner of speaking, I've got Frontier on the metaphorical phone right about now...

Hi. I've just tried the links given here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/register-for-a-minor-faction.529123/ to register a Player Group and then apply for a new Player Faction and they both worked fine for me. Perhaps it's a browser issue? I tried it with MS Edge.

Interesting... the form linked to from the page for asking for a minor faction is broken: https://tools.elitedangerous.com/en/factions

Broken link for the Player Group creation: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/index.php?threads/440462#post6887733

But thanks for sending on that other page with working links...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom