Abandoned New Trading Tool: ETN

Just as an after thought could you make it so we could cut and paste the destinations into Elite? Saving a fair bit of messing about typing.
Still a cool tool though that works.

Oh can you also have it show up illegal trades as I had to silent run in with 436 tons of weapons to a stations that they were illegal at!
Silent running in an Anaconda isnt that fun if they scan you!

Just as an after thought could you make it so we could cut and paste the destinations into Elite? Saving a fair bit of messing about typing.

Oh can you also have it show up illegal trades as I had to silent run in with 436 tons of weapons to a stations that they were illegal at!

All of this please!

Yeah I can do both. I'll add an option that automatically copies the system to clipboard when you select a new trade step.

For illegal trades My first priority is to screen out trades illegal in the source and destination stations. I'll add a separate option to screen out trades that are illegal in the destination system. With those you run the risk of getting interdicted by the authorities but the risk is lower and profit can be good.

I just pushed out another big update.

The main change is that ETN now shows route planning info. Press spacebar or click a trade to see the info. One reason for this change is to help isolate where there might be bad system data. So please try it out and let me know if you see issues.

Other changes:
1. Fix key bindings error (presses being dropped in some cases)
2. Improve planning for some corner cases:
2a. Try selling pre-purchased commodities at the current station. Often this is optimal.
2b. Try flying from the first station with 0 cargo. This is important when a station has no valid trades.
2c. If the ship is empty or partially empty for the first trade, account for the difference in mass for jump range and route planning.
3. Add button that switches the source and destination.
4. Show the total route profit.
5. Other misc bug fixes and gui tweaks.

Enjoy...

I love ETN, it's made trading less boring.

Request:
Can we have an option to deliver to an alternate location?

Reason:
Last time I used it, it told me to take Personal Weapons to a port that had been to before, I had done the same route over the past couple of weeks. However I found out that the Federation had expanded into the system and now my lovely guns were no longer welcome. I've removed all the narcotics and weapons from my list so everything is good now.

Request:
Can we have an option to deliver to an alternate location?

If you click the more routes button in the bottom right it will show some alternatives. If you are looking for a place to sell existing goods (e.g. weapons) put that in as a prepurchased commodity in the trade menu. It should give you more options. Again you can show more routes if you want more options. Does that address the problem?

I'll be adding better illegal trade detection soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Really useful tool, and looks great. Thanks very much!

No problem, glad it's useful to you :)

If you click the more routes button in the bottom right it will show some alternatives. If you are looking for a place to sell existing goods (e.g. weapons) put that in as a prepurchased commodity in the trade menu. It should give you more options. Again you can show more routes if you want more options. Does that address the problem?

I'll be adding better illegal trade detection soon.

I tried exactly that. Change the start point to the current system, add the weapons into the goods to sell, and then recalculate. Except it still points to the system that no longer accepts the goods.

I ended up using another trade tool to find all the close by stations that accepted weapons, then going back to ETN after I had managed to sell them.

You have done a very good job with this, and I play with your graphic / gravity weighting points a lot while i'm in supercruise, tying the route into knotts!

- - - Updated - - -

I tried exactly that. Change the start point to the current system, add the weapons into the goods to sell, and then recalculate. Except it still points to the system that no longer accepts the goods.
I ended up using another trade tool to find all the close by stations that accepted weapons, then going back to ETN after I had managed to sell them.

I see. I might be able to tweak the routes returned to include more options. Also the illegal trade filtering should help when that is done.

- - - Updated - - -

I added clipboard support and fixed a few UI issues.
If you hit ctrl-c it will copy the destination system of the current trade to the clipboard.
On Mac, command-c should do the same. Can someone test this? I don't have a Mac handy.

This tool is amazing, +1 repped.

Request: Can we have a button that pops open the whole selected trade route in a simple text area (type thing), which can be copy & pasted from. I love the tool for finding routes, but I'd rather then just print the result out (or pop it into a text file in Dropbox), that I can refer to while playing.

I mean it's fine without it and wonderful work, I haven't tried it on the iPad yet, so maybe that's the way I should go instead.

Cheers
-D

This tool is amazing, +1 repped.

Request: Can we have a button that pops open the whole selected trade route in a simple text area (type thing), which can be copy & pasted from. I love the tool for finding routes, but I'd rather then just print the result out (or pop it into a text file in Dropbox), that I can refer to while playing.

I mean it's fine without it and wonderful work, I haven't tried it on the iPad yet, so maybe that's the way I should go instead.

Cheers
-D

Sure. I like to have it open on a second screen but outputting to text would be easy.

I got some runs in for the first time in a while and found a bug with EDDN database updates. It's fixed now.

When you update trade data with something like EDMC, wait about 10-15 seconds, and then search for routes you should be getting the latest data. So trades leaving the station with fresh data for should list a buy price with time 0 H like this:

etn_eddn.png

If you ever notice updates getting dropped, let me know here or using the link at the bottom of the help screen on ETN.

Last edited:
Sorry if this question has been asked already but at 9 pages and counting it would take a long time to screen for my questions.

This tool "appears" -I may be wrong- to be aimed at PC players, can it also be used by those of us that have just started using the preview release on Xbox One?

If so, is the trade data on Xbox in sync with that of the PC, or is there an alternat option for Xbox prices/profits?

If this is exclusively for PC at this time, do you have plans to incorporate the Xbox community either within the same tool or as a separate yet near identical tool?

I have toyed around with it and love what I see and hope that it will be something I can use to maximise my success on the Xbox.

Thank you

Sorry if this question has been asked already but at 9 pages and counting it would take a long time to screen for my questions.

This tool "appears" -I may be wrong- to be aimed at PC players, can it also be used by those of us that have just started using the preview release on Xbox One?

If so, is the trade data on Xbox in sync with that of the PC, or is there an alternat option for Xbox prices/profits?

If this is exclusively for PC at this time, do you have plans to incorporate the Xbox community either within the same tool or as a separate yet near identical tool?

I have toyed around with it and love what I see and hope that it will be something I can use to maximise my success on the Xbox.

Thank you

The xbox code is running on a test server as far as I know, so it's not even real data yet.

Thank you

I've heard that the market prices on the Xbox One version of the game have diverged from the PC prices. Can you confirm this? According to the thread here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=157880, the companion app only works with the PC version of the game. That interface is currently the main way to get trade data into ETN and other similar sites. One other technique is to capture screenshots of the market interface and use specially designed OCR software to interpret the data. Unless perhaps you are streaming your Xbox One through a Windows PC, capturing screenshots on an Xbox One would be problematic. Long story short, unfortunately there isn't currently a good way to make ETN work with the Xbox One version of the game because there isn't a reliable way to get data. If they add Xbox support to the web interface that powers the companion app down the road it would be easy to build a support that. Athough EDDN would need some changes.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I've heard that the market prices on the Xbox One version of the game have diverged from the PC prices. Can you confirm this? According to the thread here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=157880, the companion app only works with the PC version of the game. That interface is currently the main way to get trade data into ETN and other similar sites. One other technique is to capture screenshots of the market interface and use specially designed OCR software to interpret the data. Unless perhaps you are streaming your Xbox One through a Windows PC, capturing screenshots on an Xbox One would be problematic. Long story short, unfortunately there isn't currently a good way to make ETN work with the Xbox One version of the game because there isn't a reliable way to get data. If they add Xbox support to the web interface that powers the companion app down the road it would be easy to build a support that. Athough EDDN would need some changes.

Could you explain why you think EDDN would need changes for that? EDDN receives and distributes data in a JSON format (schema V2 to be precise). Data can come from OCR or OCR Error Free (OEF) aka tools using the iPhone web-api. As long as the market prices from the XBone, Mac and PC version are in sync it should work just fine. But perhaps I'm missing something.

Note: If they are not in sync well then its a completely different story as we need a flag to distinguish from what version of ED the data is coming. So that trading tools like ETN can isolate data and have a XBone data version and Mac/PC data version.

Last edited:
If you hit ctrl-c it will copy the destination system of the current trade to the clipboard.
On Mac, command-c should do the same. Can someone test this? I don't have a Mac handy.

Mac/Chrome works fine with Command-C copying selected dest system into clipboard.

If you need more Mac oriented testing, let me know.

THANK YOU FOR THE TOOL!

Is there any way to weight the route to use stations owned by a preferred major faction?
For example I will stop at a non-empire station if that is all that is available, but given the choice will stop at the one where they are my ally.

Top Bottom