Abandoned New Trading Tool: ETN

I created a website that provides a user interface and trading algorithm for EDDN/EDDB trade data. It takes a different approach than most existing tools by estimating trade time and maximizing profit/hour. It's called Elite Trade Net. Check it out: http://etn.io

Select your start system/station, pick your ship and set your starting budget. Then follow one of the recommended routes and profit. Use any EDDN-compatible tool to upload live trade data to ETN. I like EDMC. It uploads data from your current station with a single click using the web api provided by Frontier. Other similar tools are discussed here.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues. ETN should run on any HTML5-capable browser and works great on mobile devices.

Last edited:
I created a website that provides a user interface and trading algorithm for EDDN/EDDB trade data. It takes a different approach than most existing tools by estimating trade time and maximizing profit/hour. It's called Elite Trade Net. Check it out: http://etn.io

Select your start system/station, pick your ship and set your starting budget. Then follow one of the recommended routes and profit.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues. ETN should run on any HTML5-capable browser.

Very cool. I'll check it out in depth later. How do you decided what the "optimized" ship loadout is? :)

Last edited:
when I thought that nothing exceeded this, wham something new! thanks for your work

I have a problem with the import of data from the ship -> Unrecognized ship name

I have doubts about that, I do not see how you save a route for another day, or to share and I do not see how I can prevent a system, either by erroneous data or because of my enemies ..

sorry for my English

Code:
[Type-9 Heavy]

BH: 1I Lightweight Alloy
RB: 5D Power Plant
TM: 7D Thrusters
FH: 6A Frame Shift Drive
EC: 5D Life Support
PC: 6D Power Distributor
SS: 4D Sensors
FS: 6C Fuel Tank (Capacity: 64)

8: 8E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 256)
7: 7E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 128)
6: 6E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 64)
5: 5D Shield Generator
4: 1E Collector Limpet Controller
4: 4E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 16)
3: 3E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 8)
3: 3E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 8)
2: 2E Cargo Rack (Capacity: 4)
---
Shield: 98,57 MJ
Power : 11,97 MW retracted (78%)
        11,97 MW deployed (78%)
        15,30 MW available
Cargo : 484 T
Fuel  : 64 T
Mass  : 1.116,5 T empty
        1.664,5 T full
Range : 18,59 LY unladen
        13,19 LY laden
Price : 97.814.385 CR
Re-Buy: 4.890.719 CR @ 95% insurance

Man, that is sweet... What did you write that in? I am amazed how good this looks and handles on a mobile platform. Will send you some rep from the desktop PC.
I would like to have the ability to widen the search radius, if possible.

It uses "realtime" EDDN data?
That's what is says when you click on the "help" icon in the top right corner.

Also, nice work. This could be quite helpful.

EDIT: When selecting Type 9, it doesn't seem to find any results, regardless of the system (tried with 2 or 3 systems). Also, there are two ANTAL: LOBACHEVSKY STATION listed (the other is spelled ANTAL: LO8ACHEVSKY STFION), although one has some misspellings in it (likely an error when reading/importing stations over?)

Last edited:
Very cool :) I set Conda, 436t and it then creates a wonderful spaghetti of routes to look at. I think I can see that the first route shown at the top and highlighted in orange is the "best" based on criteria chosen.

I guess this proves my current route is rubbish as it does not show up on the mesh, even though I selected the starting station and commodity I normally run!

Getting a lot of search failed returned. is there a problem with it? - Very nicely thought out and super useful for tracking down a nice run. Needs a "clear all parameters" button to reset it. Also would like a setting to adjust number of trades in a run say from 2-10. And finally a range on the search that is done.

Performance is good (when working) 10/10. Great work!

Silly question, I'm seeing an influx of .io domain suffixes, what's it supposed to represent?
Just tried out the webpage, it's great. Will have to try the routes presented tonight.

Last edited:
yea this thing seems really cool at first glance. Will need to get in-game and give the trades i find a go to confirm. Love it so far though. :)

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Silly question, I'm seeing an influx of .io domain suffixes, what's it supposed to represent?
Just tried out the webpage, it's great. Will have to try the routes presented tonight.

Googlefu: .io is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the British Indian Ocean Territory. Source: wikipedia

Select your start system/station, pick your ship and set your starting budget. Then follow one of the recommended routes and profit.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues. ETN should run on any HTML5-capable browser.

This is some brilliant work right there mate. How long did it take to put it together?

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool :) I set Conda, 436t and it then creates a wonderful spaghetti of routes to look at. I think I can see that the first route shown at the top and highlighted in orange is the "best" based on criteria chosen.

I guess this proves my current route is rubbish as it does not show up on the mesh, even though I selected the starting station and commodity I normally run!

It might be that the databases don't have the trade details for that station - which is good as it means less people are there to drive your profits down :)

I like it! ...

But would like to be able to manually enter my jump range and also max sc distance to station.

Keep up the good work!

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Presentation wise it got an A+ for sure. How good the routes and alogorithms are remains to be seen but one can test it against a multitude of other trading tools.

Remember: No matter how good the tool is, the quality of the routes is determined by the quality and the freshness of data being sent to the EDDN. EDDB is a receiver of the EDDN and performs all kind of validation on the data - needed for OCR data. All market prices data is crowd sourced. As in the more commanders gather data the more up to date the EDDN and thus ETN will be. In the past OCR tools like EliteOCR and RegulatedNoise (original or DJ-version) extracted data from screenshots - and then optionally send the data to the EDDN. OCR-ing however is not 100% correct. There however is a new breed of tools which sends data to the EDDN. To borrow a phrase from the author of EliteOCR, Seebeek: it are "OCR Error Free" (OEF) aka "mobile api based tools". They use the web-api which is powering the official iPhone app.

For more information see this Redit thread: Mobile API" based tools. Ideal for trading, logbook, exploration, ship-loadout tools. EDAPI, EDCE and EDMC all (optionally) send data to the EDDN. EDMC btw supports all publicly released trading tools!! Aside from sending data to the EDDN it also creates files which you can import in for example the BPC, Trade Dangerous, Cmdr thrudd's website etc etc. This is 100% pristine and correct data. The only thing you have to do after you have docked at a station is to (re)run one the three tools. Data is then send to the EDDN and picked up by EDDB and ETN. Atm approx twice as much data is coming from the OEF tools then from OCR tools. You can see more statistics in the EDDN-monitor.

So if you like this tool (or any other trading tool) be sure to check out the and run OEF tools. Hence feed the EDDN with lots of 100% correct data.

Last edited:
Awesome lay-out, looks great. Im sure not all routes will turn out the same but I tried a route that showed as 6 jumps(starting at Aulin) but ended up 10 jumps. There was a jump between G180-18 and LHS 2936 and also 3 jumps between LHS 2936 and G 250-34. I did have the ships jump rage set correctly when calculating the route but perhaps the route planning did not take into account having full cargo. Also the last jump was un-achievable due to a required permit. It did take into account the pad size needed so that was cool. My trip was in a Type-7 (Cargo 208) with A class JumpDrive (Laden range 17.04) . It took about an hour and I profited 804,184 so that isn't so great a profit. But, again, it looks like a cool tool so far. Keep up the great work :)

Last edited:

This is very cool, another prime example of fans creating what the game needs.

Top Bottom