Next Interstellar Initiative in July: The Enclave

Hmm,

There appears to be some tension between the Alliance Prime Minister and President, with the President taking direct control of the Zaonce Fleet.

Perhaps we're going to get involved in an Alliance Civil War!

Part one:
Exploration CG: Some of the locked systems toward the 'right hand side' of the map will be unlocked.
More Guardian sites uncovered which will give a system permit for another system. To get this system permit you'll have log in/out at the new new sites.

Part two:
The system permit only gets 'decoded' on the Thursday after the first CG. On arrival in the new system we discover new Guardian stations. The last remaining Guardians are in cryo pods communicating via neural network with a mission board. The one mission will be to hand in Pharmaceutical Isolators to help the Guardian enclave recover from their sickness. There will be server down time while the correct USS' are added to a system 1000lyrs away. We will return to the Guardian stations to hand them in.
There will be more server down time while the Guardian responsible for taking delivery of the items is added to the game awoken from suspended animation.
Station services such as re-arm/repair will be added as a reward along with the Guardians being able to send data to the cartographers folks so it's possible to hand in data.

Part three:
rare goods CG: Requires Waters of Shinrarta and Fujin tea. Guardians always feel better after a cuppa. In Hutton Mugs. If the amounts delivered are not exactly equal at all stages the Guardians will close the CG immediately. If we are successful we will receive the Guardian sensor suite. Which allows gimballed weapons to track Thargoids. It requires 10 polonium and 50 pattern epsilon data for the synthesis recipe to allow Thargoid tracking for two minutes. Gimballed AX weapons are still not in the game.

Part four:
Counter CG (combat): hand in Thargoid combat bonds to quell the noise of Thargoid laughter over the station comms which makes Guardians and humans alike feel a bit silly.

Restoring America's greatness! Wait, wrong game...

But seriously, it'd be nice to have something Colonia based. Kinda what the region was for, anyway.
It's a bit dangerous... Imagine they announce it. I move to Colonia. Once I get there FD announce the usual "meh" CG. It will take me another week to come back to the Bubble!

I'd love the Thargoids to demonstrate their awesome power by surrounding Colonia and giving it a good kicking.

Galnet would 'discover' a giant batch of barnacles setting off the Thargoids territorial instincts. They get angry and start massing for an attack. To prepare FD would lay on a once only megaship taxi to bus people there and bus back those of a D Rated bendy nature. Then it all goes Hardhome where nothing is safe for a week with real time Gnosis style craziness. Those in the bubble get a ringside seat of a siege and those inside get to fight frenzied insect hordes.

Enclave (definition): a portion of territory surrounded by a larger territory whose inhabitants are culturally or ethnically distinct.

Unfortunately, far too many people use the word "Enclave" when they really mean "Exclave" - a piece of territory separated from the bulk of the territory either by distance or by an intervening territory. Colonia, for example, is a Human exclave.

I suspect what we'll actually be seeing is the creation of a new Human exclave, somewhere other than Colonia. For all we know, FD might finally be acting upon the old "founding a colony" forum competition form 2016 (in a now-lost thread), where explorers went out hunting for, then voted on, a suitable star system to found a new remote colony on an Earth-like world enroute to the Core (this was before Colonia was founded). The "winning" star system as votd by the forum was THAILEIA ZU-V D3-117:
XSG60Rk.png

epitZnv.png

Or FD may be considering essentially duplicating those efforts, and having us "vote" on which of several remote star systems FD have found would be most suitable for colonization.

Thargoids strip mine all valuable minerals from the bubble, then set up shop in engineer systems and offer better engineering for less, just to pit human against human.

One Goid named Gloinkensnortle defects, throws himself upon the mercy of the Galactic court. He is relegated to cleaning low end stations like a placosomous fish, sucking the ship film and remnants from the pads. But he secures his pass to Founders by kissing up to a few high ranking leaders.

Soon he is working as a slot greeter at Jameson Memorial but he misses his family of disgusting bugs.

This becomes a weekly series.

They really need to make this work a lot better than the first effort.
Any silly forum voting and I do not think I'll even bother.
All the information relating to Enclave needs to be in the game, although I suspect more of the same guff we just had.

Alliance civil war will split of "the enclave" into a stand alone region separate and the II will be to crush or complete the expansion of the enclave into the full region via civil war, the feds and empire will help or break down the conflict untill both sides can be destroyed... bye bye the Alliance...
This in fighting could destroy both leaders and sides... ripe for others to expand in to...

If you did not get your Retributors you had better hurry up could be the last chance... (if only likely one leader will just fall out in to space over the next 4 weeks)

Top Bottom