No more brain tree farming with limpets?

Just went out to the brain trees to top up on some mats (Yttrium and Tellurium). Plenty to find in the usual locations, but it looks like the Flak Launcher will no longer drop the fruit. I only had (Xmas color) modified Flak Launchers but no matter how much I bombed the tree's, nothing fell off. Maybe a different weapon might help, maybe the modded Flak's or just user error? Maybe FDEV "fixed" it? Anyone want to confirm?

Edit - Went to some other trees with regular flak's, still works fine. Nothing to see here, move along.

Not really that bothered personally, I just jumped in the SRV and did it that way, only takes a few minutes, but wasn't expecting it none the less.

Last edited:
I did this last week. Flak cannons work fine. Just make sure you can synth new ammo.
Blast the trees in various places. Then gain altitude to around 600m until the brain trees fail to render.
Now send out the limpets. They won't die when hitting the trees you can't see. When done, then lower the ship and repeat until the limpets aren't finding anything new.

Flechettes do enough damage to dislodge materials and have higher ammo capacity so I think they are preferable to flak cannons.

Top Bottom