No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There is still time for an April Bug FIx Patch before Carriers in June, including a one week beta at the begining of April and Patch roll out at the end of April

Is a (content) update the same thing as a (bug fixing) patch? I didn't think we were expecting update updates as such, and what Stephen calls an update, Will might call a patch .. so who knows.

Still, it's a good excuse ...
threepio.png

There is still time for an April Bug FIx Patch before Carriers in June, including a one week beta at the begining of April and Patch roll out at the end of April

Sure, but apparently Stephen said the next update is the FC update.

I want to add that I'm basing this merely on the OP, I haven't seen the stream myself.

I'm assuming they mean the next stream/update is about the FCs, not the actual-code-that-ED-uses-a-an-update, will be FCs...

Sure, but apparently Stephen said the next update is the FC update.

I want to add that I'm basing this merely on the OP, I haven't seen the stream myself.

An update might be different from a patch - but we're just picking on semantics here :)

I was wondering the same. Originally I thought we were getting MULTIPLE bug fixes BEFORE Fleet Carriers. So much for that...

I find it very hard to accept that Frontier was anywhere near ready to launch FCs back in December. I think they fell way behind in production and just used a certain "open letter" as an excuse to cover over their own internal issues. Considering the high turnover in developers, it's no wonder they are so far behind schedule. What we are seeing is Brooks's Law in action, I believe, though worse since senior developers are leaving in droves.
If some senior developers left the project we've to expect the worst case.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
There are for sure ongoing some fixes server side, it is clearly visible on BGS. (...) Even last newsleter had barely 1/2 of usual content.

If that's the case then it would be great to have some official comment - or some info in the Newsletter. If only to show the playerbase the fixing is still ongoing and the focus, as announced previously.

So this the promised "announcement of an announcement after Feb?" 😲

No :p

They never gave a number.

Not precisely, but they did say they are expecting "a series" of bugfixing patches. I sure hope they didn't mean "patches for patches for patches" :p

Tru dat, but Stephen did say the next update is the Fleet Carriers one, rather than the one focusing on bug fixes.

Did you seriously think that 2020 was going to be some massive bug fixing year with the carriers as the cherry on top?

I was hoping for at least 2 bugfixing updates before the FC update, as per the announcement back in October. l

They only came out with that end of year waffle about delaying the carrier to fix bugs because the carrier wasnt ready for a 2019 release.

That's your opinion :)

You forgot to highlight the most important piece of info from the OP:
We are expecting to have a series of these updates, which will be rolled out (approximately) every three to four months.

So I interpreted Steve's message as good, because it means that next one will be FCs and it will most likely be in April/May. Otherwise, we would've had a new bugfixing one in April/May and then FCs in September. It would make no sense to have a new bugfixes release in April/May and another one with FCs near the end of Q2, because making releases has a cost (both in terms of work and in terms of actual money), especially if they have to setup a beta for it. So, it makes sense to piggy-back the fixes on top of a content release, as they always did.

tl;dr; The open letter didn't change FDev release schedule, it just changed (very limitedly) what we get in each release.

You forgot to highlight the most important piece of info from the OP:

So I interpreted Steve's message as good, because it means that next one will be FCs and it will most likely be in April/May. Otherwise, we would've had a new bugfixing one in April/May and then FCs in September. It would make no sense to have a new bugfixes release in April/May and another one with FCs near the end of Q2, because making releases has a cost (both in terms of work and in terms of actual money), especially if they have to setup a beta for it. So, it makes sense to piggy-back the fixes on top of a content release, as they always did.

tl;dr; The open letter didn't change FDev release schedule, it just changed (very limitedly) what we get in each release.

Yeah I think that's right isn't it .. FC's and the new era are two different things. (New era expected late this year, FC's before that).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom