North American Animal Pack

Based on the SEA pack but with 10. I like round numbers

1. Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
  2. Moose (Alces alces)
  3. Cougar (Puma concolor)
  4. American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis)
  5. California sea lion (Zalophus californianus)
  6. American beaver (Castor canadensis)
  7. North American river otter (Lontra canadensis)
  8. Axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum)
  9. Wild turkey (Meleagris gallopavo)
  10. Collared peccary (Pecari tajacu)

Last edited:
Prettty solid. I can see if it's an animal pack they'd take away the Elk as it's too similar to the Moose (though I realize, of course, not the same) and either the Wild Turkey or Collared Peccary. Overall I'd be incredibly happy with this pack, though I'd miss the Wolverine but it could go elsewhere.

I, to avoid repeating animals, I make this list
  1. Roosevelt elk (Cervus canadensis roosevelti)
  2. Wolverine (Gulo gulo)
  3. Alligator snapping turtle (Macrochelys temminckii)
  4. West Indian manatee (Trichechus manatus)
  5. Black-footed ferret (Mustela nigripes)
  6. Northern elephant seal (Mirounga angustirostris)
  7. Sea otter (Enhydra lutris)
  8. Giant horned lizard (Phrynosoma asio)
  9. Bighorn sheep (Ovis canadensis)
  10. Ocellated turkey (Meleagris ocellata)

An animal pack for North America is exactly what they should do! But I wouldn't say no to more building pieces....

1. Moose
2. Beaver
3. Cougar
4. Wolverine
5. Elk
6. Musk Ox
7. American Black Bear
8. Alligator Snapping Turtle
9. American Alligator
10. Coati

I really hope the next dlc is in September 🙏
I agree. the only reason I'd be pacified with North American not being next if it's a pack that brings us the world's largest rodent. Which they could streeeeeeetch to fit in for North America/Central America. It's a big stretch but...

Otherwise yes, North America is my hope.

Based on the SEA pack but with 10. I like round numbers

1. Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
  2. Moose (Alces alces)
  3. Cougar (Puma concolor)
  4. American alligator (Alligator mississippiensis)
  5. California sea lion (Zalophus californianus)
  6. American beaver (Castor canadensis)
  7. North American river otter (Lontra canadensis)
  8. Axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum)
  9. Wild turkey (Meleagris gallopavo)
  10. Collared peccary (Pecari tajacu)
I would love to have a cougar in the game

It should be an animal pack even if it's probably less likely than not. Still, I can fantasize.

American alligator
reptile_american-alligator-florida_brian-imparato_600x300.jpg

While some people might be hesitant to back a fourth crocodilian, the alligator is both visually distinct enough and ubiquitous enough (there probably isn't a single zoo in the United States without them) to warrant a slot. With it could come an array of swampland and subtropical plants.

Moose
moose-70254.jpg

While the world's largest deer isn't particularly common in zoos due to its specialized nutritional requirements, its presence in captivity has been on the upswing, and I strongly suspect that fond memories of its presence in Zoo Tycoon also play a role in their strong presence on the meta-wishlist. They would probably also make the best headline/mascot animal for the patch.

American beaver
H_orig_americanbeaverscloseface.jpg

This would be the first rodent in PZ and one of an underrepresented bloc of medium-sized mammals that we have few of. I'd be interested in seeing what Frontier could do with damming that wasn't already handled by ZT2.

Puma/cougar/mountain lion
Puma.jpg

The cat by many names ranges from Alaska to Argentina and in almost every biome (would be compatible with all except tundra and aquatic). One of the last two big cats not represented in PZ and another ubiquitous presence in North American zoos.

California sea lion
californiasealion-001.jpg

The fifth and final meta-wishlist animal (the next three are more personal picks), the California is more comfortable on land than the grey seal and more common in zoos. Potentially could open the door for animal show-type features, even if Frontier still wants to steer clear of cetaceans.

Brown pelican
h_a1_4183_5_brown_pelican_franklin_abbott_kk_non-breeding_adult.jpg

A flying bird that doesn't necessarily require an aviary, the brown pelican, while not as popular here as a few other pelican species, is fairly common in zoos and a common sight across much of the Eastern Seaboard.

Sandhill crane
1024px-Grus_canadensis.jpg

Two birds in one pack? A foreign idea to the mammal-freaks at Frontier, but not to me! The sandhill crane is, in my own experience, another mainstay zoo feature and a flexible omnivore.

Bog turtle (exhibit)
bog-turtle-shutterstock641876641.jpg

A small and critically endangered turtle native only to a few pockets of the Northeast and Appalachia, the bog turtle would offer both another conservation animal and a second exhibit turtle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom