Not able to log into Elite: Dangerous both through steam and through the launcher

I noticed this was an issue since the launcher was released and I really want to try this out, but I can't do much. I read most of the threads for it and it says to launch EDLauncher through properties and I did, but it wants me to login and then tells me "I don't have the game purchased/redeemed." When I log in through Steam, it is linked and is ready for me to install, but it wants me to update every time and I followed the steps, but I can't get past it. Any help? I got this game December 31st through Oculus and I used the Steam key to get it through Steam to play, but it just doesn't want to work.

Have you signed into the Elite Dangerous account page and checked its all ok and linked in there? https://www.frontierstore.net/customer/account/login/

If not I'd contact support. Not encoutered this problem myself but I'd do the classic of removing everything doing a fresh clean reinstall ensure you do this on an SSD or HDD that has enough space. In Steam have you tried right clicking on the game going into Properties and using the Verify Integrity of cache? Your problem sounds like the game may not have full read write properties try going through the folder properties and ensuring that its not set as READ ONLY.

I'm sure someone who's had this problem will probably be able to help you more than I have.

This is the Frontier page for tickets if you need to raise one https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us

I have made sure that my steam account is linked through the frontier account page. I did see though that the folder was on READ ONLY, but it didn't really do anything. I viewed integrity and it still has the same issue. Thanks for trying to help though!

Go the support ticket route then mate and check if you're launching the right game version in the launcher did you buy Odyssey or just the base game?

i do believe its desync between frontier and steam. happens after updates. usually resolves itself within a day. if not, the file integrity check on steam should help, as advised. also ive been give the advice to restart steam by shutting down its services in task manager and firing it up again. didnt help me, but might be worth a try... if that wont help, then i see no other way other than support. good luck

Top Bottom