Not in the patch notes - canopy integrity halved.

Before, canopy integrity was 30 across the board.
Now, its 15, EXCEPT for the type 10, where it is now 25(!).

So a few things come to mind with this.
  • This is an indirect buff to phasing, since it was the only 'module' that could be damaged with it while the shields are up.
  • ONE railgun shot is enough to break it
  • Thargoid interceptors seem to have a high rate of hitting this, so thats going to be even more of an embuggerance
  • Yet another nail in the hulltank coffin.
  • In quite a few ships, targeting the shield generator is an easy way to land hits on the canopy.
  • Hope you deepspace explorers have an AFMU, now you canopy goes in half the number of boops
  • Does FDev have a rogue programmer that just likes mucking around with random #DEFINEs in the code?

E : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1081

Last edited:

DDastardly00

D
Wow that sucks, yes please bug report it. Hope that wasn't intentional, a buff was not needed.

DDastardly00

D
This the closest thing I can find in the patch notes, that possibly could've caused the Canopy integrity to be halved. Seems strange, waiting for FD to clarify this.

"Corrected the cockpit health disparity displayed between module tab and advanced maintenance"

This the closest thing I can find in the patch notes, that possibly could've caused the Canopy integrity to be halved. Seems strange, waiting for FD to clarify this.

"Corrected the cockpit health disparity displayed between module tab and advanced maintenance"
based on numbers we dont think so. The canopy could take more than 15 damage before

I hope to the god of spaget code that they halved the entire player base's canopy health due to my bug report: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-match-station-adv-maintenance-report.466514/

That would be the single greatest gank I could ever pull off.

So, perhaps these were the true values all along?

That's more likely but I prefer possibility #1

It seems that FD finally heard cries of PvPers that fights last too long...

All of my CMDR's combat ships have 25 minutes of life support, so even if this is a nerf rather than a revelation of the true integrity, little will change!

Anyway, bug or true value, I hope it raises awareness with Frontier that some canopies are quite fragile with respect to the rest of the ship and that canopy integrity should scale roughly with hull mass and intended role, with this 15 being the baseline.

Before, canopy integrity was 30 across the board.
Now, its 15, EXCEPT for the type 10, where it is now 25(!).

So a few things come to mind with this.
  • This is an indirect buff to phasing, since it was the only 'module' that could be damaged with it while the shields are up.
  • ONE railgun shot is enough to break it
  • Thargoid interceptors seem to have a high rate of hitting this, so thats going to be even more of an embuggerance
  • Yet another nail in the hulltank coffin.
  • In quite a few ships, targeting the shield generator is an easy way to land hits on the canopy.
  • Hope you deepspace explorers have an AFMU, now you canopy goes in half the number of boops
  • Does FDev have a rogue programmer that just likes mucking around with random #DEFINEs in the code?
E : https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/1081
Well spotted !

Top Bottom