[Not] Yet another circumnavigation

Looks like our paths have failed to cross. Spent an hour in the vicinity of your last reported co-ordinates and I'm ashamed to say I've now stripped it of all its natural resources! Good luck for you ongoing circumnavigation!

Cmdr Alec Turner

b7frPxT.png

Last edited:
Looks like our paths have failed to cross. Spent an hour in the vicinity of your last reported co-ordinates and I'm ashamed to say I've now stripped it of all its natural resources! Good luck for you ongoing circumnavigation!

Cmdr Alec Turner

I've landed two ships there now, one as the Finish base and one to see if I can find the circumnavigating explorer!

Oh sorry guys! I couldn't make it into the game yesterday - besides the short stay in the afternoon and today I'm short on time as well.

But Nick found me today, and a great adventure lies ahead of us :)

Day 17: So close and though still so far away

Met CMDR Alice Cooper. We hat a blast rinding along towards the planet sun. Until …

After a lot of struggle I made it up there. I think the worst is behind me and from there on I should be fine.
CMDR Alice Cooper is still down there i the back, not so lucky as me. Perhaps he is just going in the wrong direction? ;-)

Judging the next part: to jump or not to jump?

Started the Day by the wide valley where I stopped the day before.
What a nice surprise when I saw a ship settling down close by and CMDR Alice Cooper appearing in his SRV!

Looking back across the valley where we met right in the middle

From there on the ride looked good! Even better when, after climbing out all the way, the Planet appeared at the horizon, just like this:

It didn't take us long though to reach one of the hardest crossings on my whole trip!
Looked just fine from the distance but it turned into quite a nightmare for some of us :)

CMDR Alice on the way down, some great flying along the way! Although I could see some dust or ice clouds from the touchdown :)

That was all still fun until we reached the other end of that canyon and tried to climb out. See the first image above.

Solving that puzzle gave only a short relief and then there was the next obstacle. See second picture, us judging the jump ahead.

That jump went surprisingly well - at least for CMDR Explorix. No Idea why CMDR Cooper wanted to visit the canyon floor again though ;-)

I continued across that plateau after the jump. Some narrow passages along where I nearly fell down as well (heart attack!) but I made it to another plateau with a nice outlook of even more barriers ahead!

That's where I put camp for the night.

Status: Nearly there, I can almost see the place where I started! 174km to go! Depending on the terrain, 2 hours? 5 hours?

Thanks for CMDR Coopper to stop by and provide some company!

Last edited:
Those jagged rocky hills were a menace.
When I fell back down to the floor I recalled my Cobra III and flew to the top!

The luxury I'm not allowed to take, sigh. But I like that the end of the trip poses some challenges. It was way too easy the whole time - compared to other CMDRs reports. Looking forward to the remaining trip

The luxury I'm not allowed to take, sigh. But I like that the end of the trip poses some challenges. It was way too easy the whole time - compared to other CMDRs reports. Looking forward to the remaining trip

I've flown the route between the finish and where you are now and there will be some interesting challenges ahead!

I'll post some stuff tomorrow.

In the mean time this is where we went through.
It looked much easier at ground level.

yTjFrgZ.jpg

6d1MEgj.jpg

Last edited:
Those jagged rocky hills were a menace.
When I fell back down to the floor I recalled my Cobra III and flew to the top!
I can still hear me saying 'the part in the center looks like easy crossing' when we were some distance away. Oh the nightmares, how they haunted me tonight!

I can still hear me saying 'the part in the center looks like easy crossing' when we were some distance away. Oh the nightmares, how they haunted me tonight!

When you said that I thought, hmm ok, maybe it isn't as bad as it looked when I flew over it.
Actually those type of adventures are the best.

After Cmdr Alec Turner could not make contact with our intrepid circumnavigator and there was no log update I began to fear the worst - the Cmdr had ran into trouble and was stuck somewhere.

I (Cmdr Alice Cooper) was already on Olelbis 3A and sitting at the Start/Finish point.
I decided to initiate a search and rescue operation and fly the route from the Finish point to the last known location and then begin the search from there.

Video log of the first journey (15 min).

[video=youtube_share;sIa4KwlD1w4]https://youtu.be/sIa4KwlD1w4[/video]

Last edited:
I'm now setting off back to the Start/Finish point using my Wing beacon as a guide.

Look what I find....

Video log (3 min).

[video=youtube_share;jnA9pg-I6Vs]https://youtu.be/jnA9pg-I6Vs[/video]

Look what I find....

It's me, it's me!!! :)

Day 18: Getting out of the misery!

So, here's where we parted way yesterday.

Somewhat better light today, doesn't really make the outlook better! After checking the orbital map I decide to not go straight north (ahead) but turn left instead and try to get out of that pit directly.

Yea, that was the right thing to do! Especially considering the outlook from up here:

Easy going for the rest of the day

Until I reached the next valley to cross

And that's where I am parked now.

Less than 100km! Probably a bit more since I will not head straight. But once I have crossed that thing ahead it looks like flat terrain ahead. Might be able to finish that tomorrow!

Anybody around for a welcome ceremony at the spot? :)

Less than 100km! Probably a bit more since I will not head straight. But once I have crossed that thing ahead it looks like flat terrain ahead. Might be able to finish that tomorrow!

Anybody around for a welcome ceremony at the spot? :)

It's absolutely necessary to have some party at the finish line.
You've spent far too long alone on that moon, entertaining us with your detailed reports. We owe you.

Last edited:
I plan to start my session around 20:00 MEZ (19:00 UTC?) and estimate arrival two hours later. unless something gets in the way.
No promises but very likely from my end.

Hey Explorix, alas I too am unable to be there tonight. Good luck crossing those final kilometres, your complimentary holo-beer will be waiting for you (along with your EDSM badge) in the Planetary Circumnavigation Club members lounge!

P.S. sorry I didn't communicate last night - I was guesting on the Lave Radio show and was busy driving along a ridge in the Pomeche system at the time. Listening back I may have said something about considering a circumnavigation of Pomeche 2C but it's shear madness ... right?

Top Bottom