[Not] Yet another circumnavigation

Day 19: Fireworks!!!!

Important things first:

My finish, not exactly but pretty close to the starting point as seen in first post:

Fireworks!

The Welcome Committee

Thank you CMDRs Florenus and Reighdar!

The Stats:

A quick calculation:
3.780km, 64 hours

I'm happy! Happy that I did this and happy that it's over. Although, the second one needs some though :)

I kept my word and brought fireworks and about 20T of wine.
Wine disappeared fast. So fast, in fact, that I suspect witchcraft, or someone very, very thirsty.
There were also fruits. Those disappeared too.
[video=youtube;WNdFvuCVajM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNdFvuCVajM[/video]

Anyway,
Our weary hero on the finish line (more or less):
a33n7623s9yvc9szg.jpg
in celebration of this glorious event, i gave him a ride on the back of my (recently bought, slightly used) T-10.
Unfortunately it got bumpy and Explorix got wedged in one of the fins.
ugaaaljut87fedvzg.jpg
Maybe not too dignified way to finish, but after almost 70 hours circumnavigating in SRV, you too might be desperate enough to catch any ride out of there.

Cmdr Reighdar came in his flashy Asp, and he (as you can judge by expression on his face) was not amused.
6wj54dnvdmtx2a1zg.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Congratulations on the sucessful journey!

Nice to see my Cobra III somewhere in the celebrations even if I couldn't be there at the time.

Day 19: Fireworks!!!!

Important things first:

My finish, not exactly but pretty close to the starting point as seen in first post:

Fireworks!

The Welcome Committee

Thank you CMDRs Florenus and Reighdar!

The Stats:

A quick calculation:
3.780km, 64 hours

I'm happy! Happy that I did this and happy that it's over. Although, the second one needs some though :)

CONGRATULATIONS! A fantastic circumnavigation expertly completed and with some really glorious screenshots.

.. you get the big rockets once you've done the full circumnavigation!

giphy.gif

I've updated your entry in the OP of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club's official records over here and also asked for your EDSM badge to be assigned (if you use it).

Brilliant thread, beautiful shots, and congratulations on completing your circumnavigation!!

I'm sorry I missed this. At the moment I'm severely lacking game time... :-(

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
I just missed him actually arriving at the start/finish line, but we spent some time jumping on/over ships and stirring snow storms up in lieu of tickertape.

Congratulations - I honestly think this was a far more difficult journey than mine!

Thank you all for the gratulations and nice comments!

I honestly think this was a far more difficult journey than mine!

Honestly, I think I did the easiest possible circumnavigation, if ignoring the length of it. It got never really dark on that moon. This alone made things much easier!
Now, I did get stuck in some hole at least twice. Those were indeed tricky situations. Getting more desperate with every attempted jump, totally loosing sense of direction on where to go - "don't care, just get me out of there!!!!!"

Now I take a short break. Will probably check out Pomeche 2 C on the weekend. And I look forward to the update next week, to do some fresh exploration. I'm thinking about heading out in the T-10 instead of the T-7 to carry a complete set of expedition equipment, like 2 SRV, 2 SLF ...

And please, somebody, remind me to get back to Olelbis 3 A with the new Scanner Tools to actually find the geological stuff that is supposed to be on this moon, that I totally not found during the trip.

The End

The third day after the game update I was finally able to log in again.

First thing to do: point the scanners at Olelbis 3 A to find the volcanic stuff:

The dark side of the moon is now actually dark. I'm glad I finished the trip bevor the update :)

That seemed the closest POI to my driven route. Found that about 200km away from the antipode coords. But in rather rough terrain which means I wouldn't have gone there anyways.

So long, Olelbis 3 A. It was nice but now I'm off to other adventures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom