Now is the time: Tractor Beams

I know that grappling hook technology will probably never be implemented, for pirating or other purposes, but the Goids already have a working in game proof-of-concept that tractor beams are compatible with the physics engine.

Why would now be the time to implement them? Because rather than teleport from on foot to inside your ship, they would be a good way to pull the commander up from the ground into an air lock bay, like how the SRV gets a loading/unloading animation. It would be a quick and easy way, using in game physics and assets, to really implement the "Neil Armstrong" experience. Then it could be later expanded to ships to slow down your hatchbreaker limpet's prey as they are tumbling through space.

/thread

If anyone on here reads this and thinks tractor beams are a bad idea, then to be completely honest they no longer deserve to carry on playing the game

Unofficial community goal = massive combined effort to steal Lave station with tractor beams and move it to Colonia

Also to swap those stupid Federation/Empire bases around for a laugh. Everyone gets so uptight about those

Was looking for a stealth universal limpet controller thread.

Left disappointed.

(Just use the cargo hatch for a basic, elevator animation.)

They won't because an elevator requires ground detection, whereas SRV just has the 'magnet' making the height differences - particularly between a Corvette and an Adder - negligible. Magentizing a commander up isn't necesarrily a bad fix, but it would certainly feel...off.

Was looking for a stealth universal limpet controller thread.

Left disappointed.

(Just use the cargo hatch for a basic, elevator animation.)

They won't because an elevator requires ground detection, whereas SRV just has the 'magnet' making the height differences - particularly between a Corvette and an Adder - negligible. Magentizing a commander up isn't necesarrily a bad fix, but it would certainly feel...off.
Commanders are actually A.I. remote controled robots/holograms, confirmed #tinfoil

I know that grappling hook technology will probably never be implemented, for pirating or other purposes, but the Goids already have a working in game proof-of-concept that tractor beams are compatible with the physics engine.

Why would now be the time to implement them? Because rather than teleport from on foot to inside your ship, they would be a good way to pull the commander up from the ground into an air lock bay, like how the SRV gets a loading/unloading animation. It would be a quick and easy way, using in game physics and assets, to really implement the "Neil Armstrong" experience. Then it could be later expanded to ships to slow down your hatchbreaker limpet's prey as they are tumbling through space.

/thread
We already have tractor beams and star trek scotty utility...its how we get our srvs into the ship and fade to black is the moment u reassemble back into existence? I know, I know its low grade visually but it is frontier commander.

Top Bottom