Proposal Discussion NPC raming players ship

How should we change collision damage?

• Make it like in X3 (in raming, shields will obliterate hull)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok , so it's my first thread on this forum , so please don't judge me too much.

First of all I'm enjoying Elite even at it's current stage and I understand that it's still a long time before this game will be released. Yet I wish this game to be as close as possible to being perfect as a game can be.

The thing that bothers me a lot right now is the ship collision damage. So far , what it seams to me is that there is some sort of a funny trick , if speed is more then x ships will insta kill each other. it happened to me so many time , when a small federal fighter crashes in to me form behind while I sit in my Cobra with full shields and hull , we both get destroyed. Happened several times with SideWinder and Eagle as well , so it not a bug. Yet bumping other ships with 5% hull and no shield at about 100<speed will result in nothing.

Am I the only one having this problem? If this how it supposed to works , i can already see an exploit where new players in SideWinders will just ram all more powerful ships. Now what I'm thinking: there must be fair way to balance this game mechanic , it can be interesting , yet must be balanced.

This just happened to me in a fully kitted ASP (re buy cost 750,000) + 800,000 in cargo, while fuel scooping, I was interdicted by a Python, I got his shields down and I had his hull down to 3 % and Boom, I get rammed, I had full shields and Hull at 100% Not a happy camper!

Shields are A5 and the Hull is updated with the composite

Last edited:
This just happened to me in a fully kitted ASP (re buy cost 750,000) + 800,000 in cargo, while fuel scooping, I was interdicted by a Python, I got his shields down and I had his hull down to 3 % and Boom, I get rammed, I had full shields and Hull at 100% Not a happy camper!

What quality shields did you have? Did you have any hull upgrades?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh, and for all those who are calling for more speed = more damage - you do understand this means to both sides right? What you are voting for is basically more speed, greater chance that both sides go boom ;)

Remove all damage from ramming if shields are up. If shields are down, have it based on speed.

Top Bottom