Odd coincidence with Raxxla Codex symbol in a 1972 movie

Hello! This is my first post in this forum. I posted this to reddit but I want to hear your opinions about this. I might be over thinking, but I stumbled upon Silent Running movie released in USA at the year 1972. Name was familiar to me and it made me curious.

In a future Earth barren of all flora and fauna, the planet's ecosystems exist only in large pods attached to spacecraft. When word comes in that the pods are to be jettisoned into space and destroyed, most of the crew of the Valley Forge rejoice at the prospect of going home. Not so for botanist Freeman Lowell, who loves the forest and its creatures. He kills his colleagues taking the ship deep into space. Alone on the craft with his only companions being three small robots, Lowell revels in joys of nature. When colleagues appear to "rescue" him, he realizes he has only one option available to him.

There is some things that make me think about the Elite: Dangerous. First, the name "Silent Running" which is a term for silencing engines and doing some sneaky things.
And then lead role characters name Freeman Lowell - (Lowell class megaships)
I don't want to spoil the movie for people who might want to watch later. Sorry about the spoiler tags.
After they released the greenhouses there was this short clips shown for few seconds that reminds me the symbol of the Raxxla at the codex.

This two screenshots from the movie,
while crew separates greenhouses from the ship. First image is from the greenhouses pov. Second image is from the spaceships/stations pov.
In the first image you can see there is six raised edge - six recess and six metal looking arm with holes holding them together.
4rzosms889y51.png

See what happens when I overlay the Raxxla's codex symbol on top of it.
1604996291842.png

r/EliteDangerous - This might be something about Raxxla or at least its symbol at the codex
Untitled-1.jpg

Now, merged both the screenshots together, rotated them and added the Raxxla's symbol. Perfect fit except the middle section.
r.jpg

There is nothing mysterious about the movies plot. No references to anything at all (or maybe I haven't noticed). When I saw this two clips in the movie, Raxxla's symbol popped into my mind. I wanted to share this and get your opinions.
Maybe this is nothing or maybe this is the stuff that inspired the symbols designer. Who knows.​

welcome and that's a great 1st post!
I think it's coincidence to be honest but I've never heard of that film before and now want to watch it
Cheers

Top Bottom