Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

Hello
my machine is a i7-4790 with 8gb RAM and gtx-970 4Gb, Win7. Today i've installed odyssey and the game crash at the client start, it seems it can not create the dx interface, Horizon works very well. Does Odyssey needs win 10 ??? to run ?
thank you for your reply

Even if it doesn't you need to upgrade, Windows 7 is out of support and no longer receiving security updates.

Last edited:
Yes, i've downloaded the last driver, i will test it asap. hoping it's the reason and hoping horizon will work again after the update
thank you to everybody

I have a question over spec, I'm running i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz, 16GB 1600Mhz, GTX 1060 6GB and the game is on SSD, is it possible I can run this on high at least when the optimisations are done, cause right now, medium is just able tolerable.
Any constructive ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

For me, It's very clearly early Alpha. I have a fairly modest gaming machine (R5 1600, RX470, 16Gb) and the game is virtually unplayable on it. Think rapidly fluctuating frame rates between 12fps and 50fps, pop-in, textures not loading. It's dreadful. Fair enough, it's Alpha testing. Does anyone have any tips to improve it?

I was going to upgrade my GPU this spring. But for obvious reasons I can't.

Is anyone still having issues with slow download speeds?
My Internet is quite fast but this download isn't. Had to bail out.
Any ideas?
Shame we can't choose the download server like you can do in steam or I would pick a country where everyone is in the middle of the night.

In my opinion the optimizations for the required PC specifications will have to be important and downwards because there are certainly a lot of Cmdrs who do not have the financial means to upgrade their PC in these difficult times.

😷

IIRC, the rtx 20x0 and 30x0 series cards have the latest DX built-in, old cards will be using the Win 10 system version.
I suspect that the Radeon cards are the same.
I'm currently running an i5 4270(?) overclocked to 4.2 GHz, with 32Mb Ram & rtx 2060.
Start screen in station is about 25fps, shuttle flight 80fps (the limit set in control panel), and surface generally above 40fps.
The CPU load is over 90%, as is the GPU load. All quality settings on high.
So, if the CPU has to do more more work for the GPU, then the whole system response will degrade significantly.
It looks like some code optimization will help a lot

In my opinion the optimizations for the required PC specifications will have to be important and downwards because there are certainly a lot of Cmdrs who do not have the financial means to upgrade their PC in these difficult times.

😷

Plus a whole server full of console players who are probably doing their nut about now.

I'm in the market for a new machine. I'm in wait and see mode at the moment of course, but I don't feel pessimistic. Yet ;)

Anyone having an issue when booking apex interstellar and you get stuck at the counter unable to move once you end transaction and dialogue with the shuttle provider?

Anyone having an issue when booking apex interstellar and you get stuck at the counter unable to move once you end transaction and dialogue with the shuttle provider?

Yes, it happened to me. I assumed I'd done something wrong and checked my bindings until the shuttle left. Then force-quit to escape.

Need to work out how to register the bug

I have a question over spec, I'm running i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz, 16GB 1600Mhz, GTX 1060 6GB and the game is on SSD, is it possible I can run this on high at least when the optimisations are done, cause right now, medium is just able tolerable.

I run it at 1080p on high with the setup in the sig. Adjust the SS to 0.75 and shadows to low and you should stay above 30 95% of the time.

Unfortunately can't even get the Alpha to run here. Have been playing elite since beta with no issues and all previous test servers have worked fine. Whenever launching it pops up for a split second in the taskbar and then just disappears and goes back to the launcher. Running Win7, it's up to date with the latest graphics drivers. The odd thing is Elite Dangerous itself works just fine and has for years.

Not gonna worry too much at this point, i just hope i don't have this issue come launch.

I have very similiar PC: i5-7600 3,5Ghz, 16 GB, GTX 1060 6GB and it works smoothly on ultra (1260x768).

Guys i need to know about my pc if i can run it at max 60 fps constantly whay do you think ?
i have i5-9300H processor, graphics card RTX 2060 6 gb with 32 Ram also i play on SSD NVM.2 my system is from 2020 year
can i run it ?

Guys i need to know about my pc if i can run it at max 60 fps constantly whay do you think ?
i have i5-9300H processor, graphics card RTX 2060 6 gb with 32 Ram also i play on SSD NVM.2 my system is from 2020 year
can i run it ?

What makes you think that you can't when folk with lesser systems (including me) can?

Sadly I have been playing this game on ultra setting since release with absolutely zero issues and now barely manage to run it (minus bugs rendering gameplay unbearable) on medium graphics setting.
Hope the finished product allows me to continue playing the game I love, it would be a shame to see this update freezing out a lot of dedicated players with non apex PC's.

playing for two years at medium settings, this did not suit me, but in 2020 I bought an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X video card, bought DDR3 16Gb Kindston HyperX FURY 1866 MHz, my processor is AMD FX 6100, I started playing at ultra settings, but I was going to buy an AMD FX 8350 to make it even better, but now I have to say goodbye to Elite Dangerous.

Top Bottom