Odyssey Cosmetics are starting to go up on the store

It's so horribly unfitting, I have no words...
I can't enter stations in Open ever, since I don't want to see a single one of those clown costumes in my game... Oo
Yeah they are pretty bad. Im trying thinking of the brims as additional lateral aiming reticules for headshots.

Well it seems we have an answer to why fdev did the suits in ody as they did. Cosmetics driving game design to strange places. If they had done a single suit with attachments/upgrades that could be outfitted more like a ship it would have been prohibitive to skin sales. The prices do seem rather high as well considering they are suit specific.

OMG! On-foot cosmetics look SO cheap and unimaginative! Weapons are just a splashed texture, without any physical details... And its 6$ each!

Feels like the concept arts/suit models are being outsourced from professionals meanwhile cosmetics are being done in bulk by some intern in-house.

So happy for not buying ARX in advance. Hope, they`ll do better in the future...

Very interesting. Just a guess, but Raider, plainsman, and motherlode look like suit kits rather than skins, and so I wonder if you can apply them to any of the 3 suit types. Theres regular suit skins for Artemis, Mav, and Dominator for half the price of these, so I’m hoping the higher expense includes greater flexibility. I don’t know that I’m in love with these ... maybe if we can pick pieces like we do with kits (though we didn’t get to pick with fleet carriers so no, I doubt we will)

My guess is that the raider, pioneer, and whatever else are "clothes" in much the same way your current "outfits" are. So flight suit covers. The ones named after the suits we know are probably paint jobs for those suits.

I like some of the new outfits, but now I have a burning dilemma...

I have put a small amount of funds aside: do I use them to change the layout of my Fleet Carrier, or save a bit longer and buy a fancy hat, instead? :unsure:
Well, did you know that the fleet carrier kits include a different jump warning honk? The Nautilus kit sounds like someone blowing a conch shell horn. I kinda hate it, but it’s the best looking kit. It’s like a supermodel with a wonky eye... you can get over it, but...

Well, did you know that the fleet carrier kits include a different jump warning honk? The Nautilus kit sounds like someone blowing a conch shell horn. I kinda hate it, but it’s the best looking kit. It’s like a supermodel with a wonky eye... you can get over it, but...
Cool, didn't know that, thanks!
Not that it bothers me too much, since I'm never there when my FC jumps, but I will check that out!

Raider suit, rust weapons... Ouch, loadsa Arghs!
Maybe the cowboy suit too....
raid_a_1920_1.jpg

Who am I kidding, maybe? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom