Odyssey Going Forwards

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
so by linking one thread you want to say that other derailed, spammy threads dont exist? existence of B means A is not existent?
just to recap
fdev is locking threads and that is bad. argument used: i want to have a place where to discuss. (and i guess you cant just make a thread, you need someone from the fdev team to make the thread to discuss...)
i say some threads are just informational and are locked to prevent discord and dilution of the message.
you seemed to claim that that doesnt happen and that fdev is locking posts because they consider us suckers and dont care.
i argument that you dont need to go far for an example how the discord can happen. giving a reason to lock some threads.
you seem to act like i said that there arent indeed unlocked threads with a good discussion. sent a link with an unlocked thread with a good discusson, disproving your original argument that fdev is locking threads and preventing discussion.
you seem to claim again fdev is routinely locking threads with discussion. in a thread full of discussion.
and in the end we are informed that you actually just really dont even care.
(in aber heards lawyers voice) did i read that right?
im sure the grapes were nasty sour little things, not fit for a gentlemans eating :p
have a nice friday and a great weekend ;)
No, you did not read that right. Probably deliberately so.

Initially I just stated that locking news threads seems to be Frontier's new MO. Somebody else seemed to claim that's not the case. I didn't even pass judgement, I didn't say locking these threads was 'bad'.

Then you came in, acting like of course PREEMPTIVELY locking all news threads is the only option for Frontier. You did so with a made up scene that painted the whole community as a bunch of rabid dogs. I didn't say threads like that never happen, but I disagree that EVERY community discussion is nothing but that.

I didn't like that, so showed that good feedback is indeed possible to be found and it's not only the players' fault that this seems to became rarer. I did so by also using an exaggerated, made up scene to juxtapose your post.

You can keep the parts about sour grapes and me being too dumb to create threads to yourself.

no deliberately bad intention. just slight amusement.
I didn't say locking these threads was 'bad'.
im sorry if i got that impression from your posts
Then you came in, acting like of course PREEMPTIVELY locking all news threads is the only option for Frontier.
i do consider it a very sensible approach to clarity of the forum.
You did so with a made up scene that painted the whole community as a bunch of rabid dogs.
im very obviously not saying all of community. if nothing else im part of that community too, right?
never did i mention no rabid dogs. please stop paraphrasing me to make it easier for you to attack me. there is discourse and there is discord on this forums side by side. never did i say one or the other doesnt exist, however some call for moderation is necessary and having informational posts being clear, easily accessible and without unnecessary discussion is part of it.
I didn't say threads like that never happen, but I disagree that EVERY community discussion is nothing but that.
ok. ditto?
I didn't like that, so showed that good feedback is indeed possible to be found
nobody argues with that
and it's not only the players' fault that this seems to became rarer.
huh? and locked informational posts are to blame? or what exactly?
I did so by also using an exaggerated, made up scene to juxtapose your post.
👌
You can keep the parts about sour grapes
yes, the grapes are indeed being kept
and me being too dumb to create threads to yourself.
i never called you dumb. please stop paraphrasing me to make it easier for you to attack me

i hope we cleared some things out. cheers

no deliberately bad intention. just slight amusement.
I didn't say locking these threads was 'bad'.
im sorry if i got that impression from your posts
Then you came in, acting like of course PREEMPTIVELY locking all news threads is the only option for Frontier.
i do consider it a very sensible approach to clarity of the forum.
You did so with a made up scene that painted the whole community as a bunch of rabid dogs.
im very obviously not saying all of community. if nothing else im part of that community too, right?
never did i mention no rabid dogs. please stop paraphrasing me to make it easier for you to attack me. there is discourse and there is discord on this forums side by side. never did i say one or the other doesnt exist, however some call for moderation is necessary and having informational posts being clear, easily accessible and without unnecessary discussion is part of it.
I didn't say threads like that never happen, but I disagree that EVERY community discussion is nothing but that.
ok. ditto?
I didn't like that, so showed that good feedback is indeed possible to be found
nobody argues with that. im even conceited and arrogant enough to consider myself part of that too :p
and it's not only the players' fault that this seems to became rarer.
huh? and locked informational posts are to blame? or what exactly?
I did so by also using an exaggerated, made up scene to juxtapose your post.
👌
You can keep the parts about sour grapes
yes, the grapes are indeed being kept
and me being too dumb to create threads to yourself.
i never called you dumb. please stop paraphrasing me to make it easier for you to attack me

i hope we cleared some things out. cheers

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom