ANNOUNCEMENT Odyssey Update 2021

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Indeed, Frontier are clearly no longer the plucky little independant company trying to make good. It makes it all the more puzzling why they asked for £s in a KickStarter, effectively charitable donations, when they clearly didn't need them.

Will probably have to disagree with that last part of your statement but that is probably the topic of an entirely different thread! 😋

Indeed, Frontier are clearly no longer the plucky little independant company trying to make good. It makes it all the more puzzling why they asked for £s in a KickStarter, effectively charitable donations, when they clearly didn't need them.
As soon as a game company gets onto a stock market, the players are not the prime customer they keep happy, investors are all they are concerned with

I totally understand the current conditions we live under. Personally i am happy to wait and will also(as a life time game holder) be happy to test when the time comes. Lives and life must come before all else and we do live in extraordinarily difficult times. I have nothing but respect and admiration for all of us for working and continuing to move forward in such times. Well done to all at Frontier and thanks for struggling through the toughest of times

Every planned event by every content provider on Twitch, YouTube etc.. are all PC centric. The third-party tools allowing you to contribute to the Canonn database, even something small as changing the colour of your ship controls.
Ah, I see... Everything outside of the game (even changing HUD colours is modifying the game files) makes the PC version have more than the console version?
Yes, I can run my PC version in 4k effortlessly - but my GPU could buy 2 PS5 consoles and still have pocket money left over, my CPU price could have bought a PS5 too...
My PS4 version has the same content as my PC versions, I can even watch youtube etc. on the PS4 if I wish... (I don't, but that is choice)
You say that, but as a console player you can have as many different commanders as you want. We have to pay for each extra one by rebuying the game at its present price...
Which in the case of Epic week was absolutely nothing.
And, if one wishes to purchase cosmetics, each PC account is independent from the other. Console version shares 🤷‍♂️

Besides, the vaccine is rolling out here in the UK. I don't think it will be too long before we start to see things return to some normality. I can see workers returning to offices within a year, assuming no super covid variant arrives.

/offtopic I think you are right, to a degree. There is no doubt about it that things have changed and workers are demanding more flexibility from their company. There will always be a need for F2F communication and meetings however they will become the exception rather than the norm in the future. Personally, I welcome it and consider myself grown up enough to decide when it's more appropriate to go into the office than work remotely.

/on-topic I think what FD have posted here is fair and anyone who is over salty about things related to well-being, covid, and its effect on people, needs to check themselves as they are obviously living in a bubble not connected to the rest of the world. Self-centric views like that are dangerous, as we have seen in recent times.

Thanks for being straight up FDEV

Now FD can use this time and per-empt problems- engage with us a little and gain feedback on systems via the AMA but in reverse. Got a 'what would they like?' question- ask us and we give feedback and suggestions. Will save red faces later on and save time fixing them.

who should understand this? the players that shelled out for a preorder with a stated public release of start of 2021, or the company offering it?

Is fake news the destination for humanity? Early 2021 and First Quarter 2021 were used, not start of. You think the launches of the Planet Series and Jurrassic World were "screw ups"?! They are a publisher of course they play the market.

I agree. Frontier should take the opportunity to make a sustainable transition to a home office infrastructure (rather than just resorting to a temporary stopgap) and then get rid of the whole pompous and expensive building. It's hard to imagine how many resources that could free up to develop the really fruitful things. It's not like they've covered themselves in glory when it comes to rich content. There's still plenty of room for improvement.

Are you Simon Jenkins?

Top Bottom