Odyssey VR specific bug reports - please contribute!

Thanks for the heads-up - are they specific to VR or are they affecting the flatscreen game as well? I know the terminals were a bit of a pain in the Alpha but FDev have now added the ability to look around while using them.

I’m away from my computer for a while now so I cannot check, but when I last used a terminal I was still able to look around at any obscured edges - though I admit I didn’t try the holo-me.

Thanks for the heads-up - are they specific to VR or are they affecting the flatscreen game as well? I know the terminals were a bit of a pain in the Alpha but FDev have now added the ability to look around while using them.

I’m away from my computer for a while now so I cannot check, but when I last used a terminal I was still able to look around at any obscured edges - though I admit I didn’t try the holo-me.
Don't know. I don't play Elite flat 2d anymore. Haven't for years, so haven't checked Sorry.

One bug I haven't reported yet is the holo-me you see when 'in your pilot seat ' has a problem when looking at your head to design your face in VR. Your close up head doesn't show. I looked around and spotted that it was floating behind my seat, looking away from me. This was also the case when I spotted some 3D ship models were missing when looking at my owned ships in VR. All I could see was a blue swirly background until I looked around the whole room and spotted the model of the ship was once again behind me.

I mentioned this earlier but have since checked and confirm the following is a bug on the FC:

When on the FC landing pad the holographic (shown in white in the screenie) is on an angle. Basically, think of the physical landing pad as being flat. Then place the holographic over it so the far edge is higher than the near edge so the holographic is on a 45 degree angle to the physical landing pad. It doesn't show in 2D (no surprise), but in in VR it sticks out like a sore thumb. Can reproduce this 100% of the time - just land on a FC when in VR.

EDIT: Have submitted a bug report in the issue tracker - https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/33283
EDIT: Some issue when using landing pad in an orbital station (i.e. not limited to FC).

FC Landing Pad Holograph.jpg

Last edited:
The two icons on the left and right sides of the radar screen in the cockpit view are out of perspective in the right and left eyes making them look distorted. Close one eye and you get one image, the other and you get a slightly different angle of the same image.

The "DOT" used for indicating the selected object in the system view and galaxy map is out of plane with the object to which is assigned.

I encountered the following bugs in Odyssey when using VR:
  • In FC, soft-lock when clicking on UC data service (i.e. could not dismiss the carrier management screen).
  • In FC, soft-lock when leaving outfitting (i.e. the background ship picture couldn't be dismissed).
  • In FC, shipyard, manage ships - when selecting/hovering over own ships, camera spawns inside the ship (i.e. actually inside looking out through the model framework).
  • Landing on FC (and in orbital station) - Holograph outline over landing pad is tilted up - on an angle (i.e. not flat with the actual physical landing pad).
EDIT: In FC, exit carrier management, navigation, galaxy map to find camera inside the ship (as above - looking out through model).
Have you gone mining yet? Get ready for a strange setup when you try to send all materials to your fleet carrier.

I see it has been noted, but is there a workaround to getting back into the ship menus after outfitting? Is logging out and back in again the only workaround or am I missing something? Thanks.

@A D , @BoxxMann - the incorrect HUD elements are part of https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/31008 if you would like to up-vote that issue?

@Cmdr Bracher - the holo-me bug was in the Alpha, the camera was in weird positions. I think it affected flatscreen as well, if I remember correctly.

I’d appreciate it if anyone else could check #32982 & #32992 to see if they’re VR specific. If not, I’ll do so myself in about a week 🙂
I would upvote it but the frontier site just sits there and doesn't load. what is up with those people?

Holo-me doesn’t work at all in VR (in any zoomed in view)

The full screen stored ship interface in the fleet carrier doesn’t show any ship correctly.

Really lacking the motivation to submit as bugs because it doesn’t seem to achieve much.

Holo-me doesn’t work at all in VR (in any zoomed in view)

The full screen stored ship interface in the fleet carrier doesn’t show any ship correctly.

Really lacking the motivation to submit as bugs because it doesn’t seem to achieve much.
Please submit a bug report - it’s the way we’ll get things fixed for our small part of the Elite community 😁

If it’s part of the existing bugs, please add a comment, or if it’s a new one - take a minute or two to submit a report.

Issues do get attention if they get flagged, but only if we do our part to make them so 👍
———
Issue https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/31703 can now be voted on.

Last edited:
Please submit a bug report - it’s the way we’ll get things fixed for our small part of the Elite community 😁

If it’s part of the existing bugs, please add a comment, or if it’s a new one - take a minute or two to submit a report.

Issues do get attention if they get flagged, but only if we do our part to make them so 👍
———
Issue https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/31703 can now be voted on.
Thank you for the positive attitude Arioch, which inspired me to check the database. I found that the holo me bug is already logged so I added a reproduction:

…and the same for the broken shipyard:

Not sure that the following is limited to VR, but have submitted a bug report on the issue tracker - 'Planet Textures Show Artifacts on Ship Radar'.

The issue is obvious from the attached screenie. The white 'dots' clearly follow the texture seams and vary in severity. They are all the more obvious in game because they blink and flicker so your eye is drawn to them. The bug is easily reproduced. Just fly over a planet with ground radar.

Planet Tech.jpg

I've noticed a couple of UI related bugs in VR. Has anyone else had issues with the Galaxy Map and System Map?

Specifically, if using a mouse, the mouse cursor is not positioned correctly, so that you cannot click on 3d objects in either map in VR. You can click on other 2d things like the interface buttons, but if you try click a star in the Galaxy Map, it won't work because the mouse is not in the right place. The same is true for stations on the system map.

It also looks like the current position indicator and the currently selected indicator are also in 2d and are rendered above the map and have a completely different focus than the rest of the map causing extreme discomfort for my eyes. These indicators pulse constantly on the map, so they are impossible to miss. It looks like these indicators are rendered on the same 2d plane as the mouse.

Edit:
I went back and tried Horizon instead, and the mouse issue I describe above the is the same. But as for the second issue above, the position indicators in the map screens are new to odyssey and need some VR support added.

Last edited:
I've noticed a couple of UI related bugs in VR. Has anyone else had issues with the Galaxy Map and System Map?

Specifically, if using a mouse, the mouse cursor is not positioned correctly, so that you cannot click on 3d objects in either map in VR. You can click on other 2d things like the interface buttons, but if you try click a star in the Galaxy Map, it won't work because the mouse is not in the right place. The same is true for stations on the system map.

It also looks like the current position indicator and the currently selected indicator are also in 2d and are rendered above the map and have a completely different focus than the rest of the map causing extreme discomfort for my eyes. These indicators pulse constantly on the map, so they are impossible to miss. It looks like these indicators are rendered on the same 2d plane as the mouse.

Edit:
I went back and tried Horizon instead, and the mouse issue I describe above the is the same. But as for the second issue above, the position indicators in the map screens are new to odyssey and need some VR support added.
For the second issue, please have a look at https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/31700 and add a comment if it’s the same issue.
———
I’ve updated the bug list - the VR vanity cam can now be voted on.

Last edited:
I'm seeing very low resolution in HMD when on Foot, anyone else having this problem? and I can't see a way of improving it.
Using HP Reverb G2, getting full 2k resolution in ship and SRV, resolution lowers when disinbarking from either and reverts back when booarding.

Last edited:
Top Bottom