Odyssey VR specific bug reports - please contribute!

This has been acknowledged by FDev and can be voted for here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/48765 (y)

Is this a different problem from this acknowledged and highly voted for (#6 on the chart) report? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/42855
I just voted on this. I thought it had something to do with LOD popping. As that costs performance cycles, and since I'm already at the limit of what I can tolerate in terms low FPS, I didn't even try the setting. Thanks!

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/51104
Please add this awful bug to the list
And those that experience it pls post

In my setup, with an 8-core i7 and an RTX 3080, Odyssey reprojects nearly always. I get 36 FPS, with a few exceptions that go to 72 fps. Since Update 12, when approaching a planetary station and as soon as I enter 'gliding', I get an hourglass for a few seconds while everything's freezes. In space combat above a ground CZ, I can only fight ships above me. If I point my ship towards the station below, I get what it seems like 2 to 5 frames per second. I have no special effects set, no anti-aliasing, everything's either turned off or set to 'low', "checker" option turned on.

Is that what you mean by low frame rates near planets?

Not a great day for the issue reports I’ve been trying to drum up confirmations for - the faceless NPCs have expired with 10 apparently unique contributions, and my VR Scatter Cell rocks report has expired with 9 ☹️

The issues haven’t magically disappeared, FDev!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to add to the reports - I’ll be resubmitting them tomorrow once I’ve finished chuntering to myself.

About the NPC portraits..: Do we know whether non-VR play gets those situations where the photographer is drunk, and zooms in on the wall behind the apparently much less interesting subject?

We have so many other menu-related cameras that for some reason end up in peculiar locations, when playing in VR, that I guess this could be one of those, rather than a universal issue... :7

Not a great day for the issue reports I’ve been trying to drum up confirmations for
Let me throw something out there and see if it has merits.

First, let me get some FDev shade out of the way: this 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' model sucks. Someone has identified a bug in the product and reported it. ALL reports should be looked at by a Dev and have their priority set. If it's something game-clobbering like, and I'm going to show my bias here, a bugged Comms panel that clears the chat window when you look at it, it obviously need to be fixed. If someone doesn't like the HUD colors, it goes to the back bin.

Ok, soul now purified, back to business. Would it be helpful if the top 5 or 10 bug reports on this thread are picked up and dropped into an /r/EliteDangerous post for the larger base to review and vote where needed? I say top 5 or 10, sort of contradicting my point above, only because some of us have the attention span of a gnat. Give us a short and concise weekly list in a fresh new post to bring some focus and get us to report and vote on them. Link this thread for further details.

Perhaps this has been tried before and I'm missing the history.

Would it be helpful if the top 5 or 10 bug reports on this thread are picked up and dropped into an /r/EliteDangerous post for the larger base to review and vote where needed? I say top 5 or 10, sort of contradicting my point above, only because some of us have the attention span of a gnat. Give us a short and concise weekly list in a fresh new post to bring some focus and get us to report and vote on them. Link this thread for further details.

Perhaps this has been tried before and I'm missing the history.
I don’t use Reddit much - I browse it every few days and only make the occasional post. The top 10 VR issues (and there are only 10 Acknowledged reports) are listed in the OP, alongside the current position it occupies in the voting chart. I update this weekly.

Any current unconfirmed issue is also listed with how many confirmations it currently has - I update this daily.

If anyone wants to badger the VR /r/ CMDRs for additional confirmations it’d be much appreciated, but it’s not something I want to take on 👍

Ok, soul now purified, back to business. Would it be helpful if the top 5 or 10 bug reports on this thread are picked up and dropped into an /r/EliteDangerous post for the larger base to review and vote where needed? I say top 5 or 10, sort of contradicting my point above, only because some of us have the attention span of a gnat. Give us a short and concise weekly list in a fresh new post to bring some focus and get us to report and vote on them. Link this thread for further details.

Based on experience the most vocal people on the sub are often in denial and when it comes to VR they tend to either downvote and move along, roll their eyes and say "well duh, VR isn't supported in Odyssey!" or just say something along the lines of "nonsense, VR works perfectly fine here" - some also actively report people bringing attention to issue reports for votes. But who knows, maybe more people will find out they are not alone in the wonderful world of ED's VR glitches.

Three new issue reports:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/51479 - CTD on-foot tutorial via Epic - 0/10
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/51550 - Flickering image in VR - 0/10
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/51554 - Cannot select EDO via Oculus - 0/10

…of which I can only check #51550 - and cannot duplicate the problem.

I’m not sure if there’s been a policy change with Issue Tracker but reports are no longer expiring - the last report to expire after the usual one-month “live” period was about 3 weeks ago. I’ve probably jinxed it now and someone will flick the autoexpiry switch back on 😅

ahhh the old flicker bug, coming to an update near you! like a cat you never know when its going to strike! I figure the super cruise entry and exit version of this has now gone into the too hard wont fix basket.

I figure the super cruise entry and exit version of this has now gone into the too hard wont fix basket.
I certainly hope not! It’s an old bug that occurred in Horizons for a short time, so fingers crossed the solution is already known and is just waiting on manpower allocation.

Dang it... for a second I thought I'd be able to confirm a VR issue for a change, but it's completely unrelated to a (incredibly minor) issue I only noticed while doing a frame by frame review of my runs during the latest Buckyball race. Which was a surreal feeling, let me tell you.

Which would be this one:
I figure the super cruise entry and exit version of this has now gone into the too hard wont fix basket.

I cannot see any VR fixes in the Update patch notes - so if anything starts working correctly later on then please let me know, I’m away from my VR computer for another week so will be unable to check for myself.

Fingers crossed that the “flickering shadows on approach to settlements” fix will cure the VR shadow issues 🤞

Fingers crossed that the “flickering shadows on approach to settlements” fix will cure the VR shadow issues 🤞

Yes! The entire inside of my hangars at stations flickers. Flying into the station also flickers bright flood lights at times.

I'm flying a newish ship and thought it was that. I "fixed" it by leaning forward slightly and pressing F12 to reset PoV.

Re: Update 13, there's a new flashing of graphic or screen before and after each hyper and supercruise jump. Hopefully they can fix that.

The panel shown mid, center with upcoming system information state, etc before hyperjump is great, but the black and square background they added doesn't look that good. No biggie, just visual preference.

I'll test station flickers later today.

Top Bottom