On the Horizon - 2.3 The Commanders Beta Livestreams

Who said "shared rebuy"? I don't recall FD saying that. What they said was reduced rebuy costs (which I assume is for the ship owner). Sharing the rebuy would be insane.

Was just typing this. It was never stated that the rebuy cost would be split equally among all multicrew pilots, it's just slightly reduced for the owner of the ship.

Right here.

https://youtu.be/lEeVParEpeg?t=909

And you are both correct. Ship owner pays a reduced cost in rebuy, multi-crew members pay nothing.

Oops! My bad.. confused the reduced rebuy and shared bounties, put 2+2 together and got 5 :(

I hope they took the save data sample for beta recently. I actually have enough creds saved up to try the Corvette AND Cutter with the beta discounts :D.

Last edited:
Josh hawkins did a video on it ( the dude is close to the information) he stated thursday he hasnt been wrong yet..... so it looks like thursday at the weekly downtime is the go

Though of course the regular game doesn't have to come down for beta to go up, what with beta servers being different and all. It's today, I'm downloading it now.

How's about fixing this sort of thing before adding in new complications?

syfbUTK.jpg

Z4S66ui.jpg

Work on what you've got and keep it consistent otherwise it becomes a mishmash of good ideas left unexplored... ah, as for the topic of exploration, well...

wow that would be a doozy of a bug to get stuck jumping out. do you actually blow up or when the network eventually catches up does it drop you our shields intact as it should be?

How's about fixing this sort of thing before adding in new complications?

http://i.imgur.com/syfbUTK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z4S66ui.jpg

Work on what you've got and keep it consistent otherwise it becomes a mishmash of good ideas left unexplored... ah, as for the topic of exploration, well...
I had that just from jumping out from a starport instance into a player-dense system. The game basically soft-locked and I had to go to the Task Manager to kill it after about 8 minutes. Yet another reason why CGs work best in Solo. No load time problems there at all for me, aside from the occaisional hyperspace lag of a few seconds.

Last edited:
wow that would be a doozy of a bug to get stuck jumping out. do you actually blow up or when the network eventually catches up does it drop you our shields intact as it should be?

Just sit there... flashes in the cockpit from weapons fire... and nothing happens until you kill the process...

It varies. Sometimes one thing sometimes another. There are so many variations of the bug it's ridiculous. And then there are the times you can only low wake but it ignores the high wake. Again there are times when you can't wake at all because the system tells you you left a door open or equivalent even though you know everything is secure and ready for jump. Great when you're trying to jump out from combat (NPC or otherwise). Don't log though or it's a bannable offence (even though it's born of faulty coding). Now FD are creating breaks in the concistency within the rules of its own game because someone in the office thinks because they got an education in business and marketing they know a fig about good gameplay. Flawed reasoning is highjacking an excellent game. How sad.

Top Bottom