Open letter to FDEV

New GalNet out and forum gets a mention:

"Mahon has referred to the unrest as being caused by a “vocal minority of agitators”..."

I like the game too OP, sorry I got distracted for a while :)

Edited for quote marks. Pedantics untie!

No, it's a place to learn, where I can challenge my own views, and perfect my vision of stuff, to discuss or to have fun communicating in general. It's a collaborative discussion server, and certainly not a one-way "channel" on a content monetization platform.
that sounds a lot like false advertising, but well played.

Just remember tea time in your wonders schedule.

you have inadvertently wandered into the great debate.

'Tea Time' would usually be the time for tea, which is food, which can also be called Dinner, but not Lunch, whereas Dinner can be Lunch, Tea Time or Tea cannot. Its not even geographic or cultural in use, theres no pattern. 'Tiffin' or sometimes 'High Tea' would be the correct time for tea or 'tea time' which is around 3.00pm outside by the Croquet ideally and accompanied by crustless cucumber sandwiches (white bread obviously), but Tiffin lost use after India gained independence, so now we generally just say 'Cuppa?' and that along with a slight hand tipping towards the mouth motion signifies that now is the time for tea, which is anytime.

The only time Ive ever had real 'Tea' is when I visited the House of Commons and we had tea on the 'balcony' overlooking the Thames

And while youre working that out, we've planted a flag and declared you a Colony. :)

now is the time for tea, which is anytime.

so you're saying that this isn't historically accurate?

asterix-and-the-british.jpg

you just shattered my world view. i'm going to need a really huge discord channel ...

Please remember to discuss the post, not the sihis hammer.
Shall I wade into the Content Creator discussion? OK then

In my experience, content creators can't take criticism. I was defending one content creator on here from unfair criticism, and mentioned I was not their biggest fan (this was while defending them), and that person then blocked me.

So you can say all you like that they don't get treated well on here, but they get what they deserve. They care more about ad revenue, being popular and people who tell them how wonderful they are, than they do about the game they claim to have an interest in. And I'm not referring to one specifically, but to all content creators in general regardless of which game.

AND BEFORE YOU PILE INTO ME, THIS IS AN OPINION
I think there is some friction that happens. Dedicated players to a game might sit through a video, or at least hear about it third hand, by a Content Creator (CC) who, in their opinion, is spouting nonsense. That could be that the CC is doing a fine marketing job for the games maker when the player knows that the game is bugged to hell and unplayable, or that the CC is slamming a game and the player is left to wonder if they have ever played it.

That insight we were given in this thread, that "The content creators asked FD about this and were told....", that is going to create some animosity. What if I had been involved in the kickstarter, spent hours playing, spent lots of money on skins and have been asking that question on the forum and getting no response, then someone else, has a following on YT, has been elevated to a position where they're deemed to be worth listening and spoken to. That is going to rub raw for some.

Finally, the point about just coming on here, selling their brand, then disappearing, that is just rude. People don't like it.

I'm not saying that all criticism of CC's is fair, but I understand where a lot of it comes from.

so you're saying that this isn't historically accurate?

Milk is fine although more controversial than youd expect. A slice of Lemon is fine as is white sugar. Marmalade is right out! Its a breakfast feature that may also have tea but certainly not at 5.00pm! Jam (Jelly in US) would be more appropriate at 5.00pm, a Blackcurrant or Blackberry Jam would be fine and youd be taken for a native. Strawberry Jam not on a Scone with Cream will almost certainly expose you as a spy.

Dear,

This game is great! Keep it up!

Best Regards
PR-303

Cmon, this is obviously fake. No mention of how long they've been playing. No details about what is great. No acknowledging the opposition and then dismissing them. Signed with the forum user name - which is redundant.

This is certainly a 5th column attack on the forum. Probably a bot, considering the buggy letter auto-fill.

Cmon, this is obviously fake. No mention of how long they've been playing. No details about what is great. No acknowledging the opposition and then dismissing them. Signed with the forum user name - which is redundant.

This is certainly a 5th column attack on the forum. Probably a bot, considering the buggy letter auto-fill.
We don't even know if the op has a friend to discuss and quit the game with.

That insight we were given in this thread, that "The content creators asked FD about this and were told....", that is going to create some animosity. What if I had been involved in the kickstarter, spent hours playing, spent lots of money on skins and have been asking that question on the forum and getting no response, then someone else, has a following on YT, has been elevated to a position where they're deemed to be worth listening and spoken to. That is going to rub raw for some.

That will likely depend on if the person feeling rubbed the wrong ways views the YouTuber as just "someone with a camera".

There's certainly a load of YouTube channels out there like that - but they are not all like that. Like it or not, a medium to large dedicated YouTube channel has viewers in the same way a publication or website has readers. Most companies realised that a long time ago, and it's why companies have dedicated departments for those types of communications. Frontier for example have a PR / Marketing department for talking with magazines / websites, a Community Management dept. for talking with with the community, and an Influencer department for talking with Streamers / YouTubers. I'm not saying that's necessarily how it should be. But it is a reality regardless of what people's opinions are.

No, it's a place to learn, where I can challenge my own views, and perfect my vision of stuff, to discuss or to have fun communicating in general. It's a collaborative discussion server, and certainly not a one-way "channel" on a content monetization platform.
Join me and my WHOLE 28 subscribers! (on Youtube! lol)

Yes, it's a place for YOU to learn, where I can confirm my own views, and perfect MY vision of stuff, a place to sit quietly and have fun LISTENING to me in general. It is NOT a collaborative discussion server, and is certainly a ONE-WAY "channel" on a content de-monetization platform (Hey, I haven't hit that magic 1000 yet!) 😜

/s btw!
I'm in your Discord @Obsidian Ant 🤗
We're all in this together 💘

That will likely depend on if the person feeling rubbed the wrong ways views the YouTuber as just "someone with a camera".
Well, in the case that I hypothesised, where someone was an original backer, where they have spent hours playing (by proxy helping to develop) the game, spent money on game extras, I suggest it has little to do with their opinion on a You Tuber and more to do with 'why am I not good enough to be told this information when I ask it?' but as someone who must face that phrase a lot, I can see why you might credit it with more weight than I believe it deserves.

Join me and my WHOLE 28 subscribers! (on Youtube! lol)

Yes, it's a place for YOU to learn, where I can confirm my own views, and perfect MY vision of stuff, a place to sit quietly and have fun LISTENING to me in general. It is NOT a collaborative discussion server, and is certainly a ONE-WAY "channel" on a content de-monetization platform (Hey, I haven't hit that magic 1000 yet!) 😜

/s btw!
I'm in your Discord @Obsidian Ant 🤗
We're all in this together 💘
I can undercut this, I only have 24! (And I bet most of those are alt accounts 😁)

Top Bottom