Modes Open only powerplay

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Goose4291

Banned
Is there going to be a sequel to this where Sandro buggers off, and the nekked people outside of the wall sit there sulking?

2nejvv.jpg

Would you rather somebody post yet another thread about this dead horse topic?

So many of these, it'd be hard to tell if it's a new thread or an old one.

If Rubber and Goose had not mentioned it, I'd not have noticed it, due to seeing that many of these threads.

I used to think that open only powerplay was cheating solo and group players out of game features they paid for. After my one of my home systems was recently targeted, i have changed my mind.
PP and bgs need to be open only, otherwise there is no defense against bots for those playing the game with a sense of fair play.

Love the vid OP :)

I used to think that open only powerplay was cheating solo and group players out of game features they paid for. After my one of my home systems was recently targeted, i have changed my mind.
PP and bgs need to be open only, otherwise there is no defense against bots for those playing the game with a sense of fair play.

Love the vid OP :)

There is a way to defend, always has been.

"Bots" is a rather vague statement, as you have no idea if someone is botting or not.
And a claim without proof is a lie.

"Bots" is a rather vague statement, as you have no idea if someone is botting or not.

It was proven to my satisfaction just watching the in system traffic reports and ship types. One jump from a starter system and the clippers visting outnumber the sideys 3 to 1.

Regular influence swings for one particular faction that started at 13% and peaked at over 65%. A faction that in the two years i have been playing never before broke 20%.

Aww, yet another post pleading for Devs to throw baby-seals under the OPEN-only bus. What's the matter? Can't compete on even terms with CMDRs of equal capability? The game isn't fun unless you pick on cripples?

Tell you what: Let's have a big, OPEN-mode competition complete with non-consensual massed Flower-ship interdictions. Every OPEN-only CMDR plays in iron-man mode, one ship only. When a single CMDR remains, having destroyed every other CMDR playing in OPEN, on equal terms, he or she is declared champion of the OPEN universe and THEN let's re-open the OPEN-only discussion.

There can be only one!

Last edited:
Aww, yet another post pleading for Devs to throw baby-seals under the OPEN-only bus. What's the matter? Can't compete on even terms with CMDRs of equal capability? The game isn't fun unless you pick on cripples?

Tell you what: Let's have a big, OPEN competition. Every OPEN-only CMDR plays in iron-man mode. When only a single CMDR remains unbeaten, having destroyed every other CMDR playing in OPEN, on equal terms, THEN let's re-open the OPEN-only discussion.

There can be only one!

That was Sandro's suggestion, and the video is hilarious!
Did you even watch it?

It is a great example of what makes the Elite community awesome!

As much as I'd like to quote you saying that in the future, it's simply not true.

But I might bring it up the next time you do something like that anyhow!

It was proven to my satisfaction just watching the in system traffic reports and ship types. One jump from a starter system and the clippers visting outnumber the sideys 3 to 1.

Regular influence swings for one particular faction that started at 13% and peaked at over 65%. A faction that in the two years i have been playing never before broke 20%.

Well your "satisfaction" bar is set far too low.
You have no idea why there was a jump with the influence.
As for the traffic reports. They are not proof of anything. There could be any number of reasons it reads the way it does. Remember each time a person visits the system it adds one, so the same person going back and forth can rack up lots of numbers on the report. It only takes a few folks to make a huge change.

Well your "satisfaction" bar is set far too low.
You have no idea why there was a jump with the influence.
As for the traffic reports. They are not proof of anything. There could be any number of reasons it reads the way it does. Remember each time a person visits the system it adds one, so the same person going back and forth can rack up lots of numbers on the report. It only takes a few folks to make a huge change.
This

If I understand correctly you're calling yourself a liar.

It happens quite frequently.

Our group was botted pretty hard in the beginning and middle of last year.

They even went into open with combat log scripts.

We relayed the info to Fdev and they looked into it. But it was certainly happening quite often.

There is quite the imbalance here between bots, modes, blocking and combat logging.

Its funny, in the attempts to stop griefing.

They made griefing more prominent because they removed the Value of PVP and the Value of a loss leaving the people not involved to get griefed. So the bots can freely take advantage of not losing anything against someone else just like other human commanders do.

But we dont want to remove the Bots "playstyle"....

"Bots"

Yea no, Eve hisec is over there. With the pile of other dead horses, not here. Go have your pretend crusade elsewhere thanks

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom