Pack Hound Missile Glitch? HELP!

I wouldn't be surprised if that's another singularity... I have an Anaconda with a broken C2 hardpoint since Odyssey day 1. It doesn't fire randomly (50% of the times after I drop somewhere). Tried different shipkits, paintjobs, no paint/no kit, different weapons (fixed, gimbals, turrets, missiles etc) all working properly on other builds... so I've bought another Anaconda and left that for hauling or powerplay stuff which doesn't require all the hardpoints. 🤦‍♂️

It's like that particular Anaconda was flawed when I bought it... no one knows why.
I have over 60 ships and have never seen anything remotely similar to what you describe in my 10k hr of playing this game. The ship I'm having this issue with is a cutter and this very same loadout with the very same packhound racks had no trouble firing 6mo ago. To be clear I'm not calling you a liar just that I've never seen anything like that having used many many different ships. The servers are so buggy now I'd honestly believe anything at this point.

Last edited:
have you tried the mirror image .my last post ive been using it and working,its a strange bug i know.
Indeed and had no effect. Tried rebooting the game one time they spit out a single volley then refused to empty their mag even though they had a lock and wep capacitor was still fully charged and wouldn't fire again in a hour of trying to mess with them. Missles are very clearly not working anymore

Edit: somehow after coming here to groan about this and after rebooting the game again they mysteriously begun functioning like normal lol didnt do anything different they just apparently woke back up...somehow. We'll see for how long I guess 🙃

Last edited:
ive 158 weeks and 6 days in game according to codex and i have the problem occurring now and then,it happens at the wrong time when in combat lol,i have full internet and my pc is pretty good.just a wierd glitch.i never had it untile recently. also happen to normal 3a seeker missiles.and that happens om my vette and python, i llive with it against npc multis finnish the job lol .

Dang nice cmdr def a veteran with that kind of time, I took a long break from the game so yeah must be a recent glitch. I dont exactly rely on missles so it's not really a big issue and they've been working again just fine the past few hours while I've been running critical evacs out of Vistnero in one of my cutters. ED always has and always will have a certain degree of jankiness and like you said we just gotta roll with it. All good now o7

a few of us still around since day one although i admit this is my third playthrough,ed start horizons then oddy but im reaching to the stars elite iv and explore elite . 5 lol havnt botherd with the rest although got dead eye merc and pretty damn hopeless needs to try harder exobio..

a few of us still around since day one although i admit this is my third playthrough,ed start horizons then oddy but im reaching to the stars elite iv and explore elite . 5 lol havnt botherd with the rest although got dead eye merc and pretty damn hopeless needs to try harder exobio..
I haven't been around that long started back in 2019 on ps4 and migrated my cmdr to pc when that first opened up. Haven't done much in exobiology yet I need to but hit triple elite a little while back finally. On a unrelated note I just had a system sec conda start firing on me after I killed two pirates after my refugees. No crimes on my end or wanted tag he just didn't like me I guess🙃🙃🙃 Hit prt sc to try to save a pic but something conveniently went wrong and can't find it. Made for a nervous landing at the rescue ship if it had fired on me too that woulda actually hurt lol.

its a great game how you play its up to you there is so much to do if you look into it, please stay with it ,im hooked on it and may times ended up on the edge of my seat trying to get out of a situtation,and many times havnt made it lol.

Welp unfortunately they keep going dead sometimes they work for a bit after rebooting the game but missles are just not firing over half the time for me now. Never seen this before in the 4yrs I've played this game fdev really needs to address the bugs going on before worrying about new content. I know I'm basically asking them to part the red sea but c'mon guys why does basic game elements keep breaking down what is going on with the servers these days? Somethings definitely breaking down on their end.

i fixed mine changed the missiles to a beam/multi /frag one of them they work ok cant see any other way out.
I dunno I can try mixing stuff but they just seem to be generally glitched atm hopefully somebody posted this on the issue tracker cause I cant login to send one for some reason it wont let me. Honestly not a big deal I only use them on my rescue cutter for the nacelles can swap in some oc mcs instead. It's weird sometimes they will work then hang up with 4 rds left in the mag and will refuse to fire even if I synth ammo to top them back up. If other hpts start doing this too its gonna be a much bigger issue. o7

not had for a while all working. but not saying it hasnt happend as it has .so stopped using pack hounds,they are not that clever anyway,get the same result with a normal missile

Hey I have found a cure!

Switching to horizons 4.0 in the launcher resolved this issue for me.

edit: Sorry, this only worked temporarily for about 15 minutes in horizons everything was working, but after that pack hounds were jammed again and since then persisting in horizons too :-( weird bug.

Also I noticed that when the missiles get jammed, the homing circle is red like the launcher is empty even though it has ammo in it. I guess it might be messing up ammo counter so that the launcher thinks its empty and waiting for being auto reloaded, but auto reload is not triggered as it thinks the launcher still has ammo.

@Frontiers: This is so fundamentally game breaking you really MUST fix this asap. I quit playing this game for now because of this! I will not launch it again until I see a fix for it in the patch notes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom