Paladin Consortium Anniversary Event: SRV Grand Prix!

There isn't really a deadline, feel free to join up at any point prior to the event! Just hit the Discord link in the original post and we'll get ya sorted from there =)

I did a few laps last night in Open, didn't see anyone there.. It was hard to find the track in the dark! It is a nice circuit though :D it's even fun to fly around as low as possible!
Would love to take part if I'm free then, can't say for sure yet. Was hoping to see someone there for a practice run but it was quiet :p

I am going to try and make it, but its at 7AM for me. I will probably live stream it also, but definitely record it. Should be hilarious

It'll be a good time! If you use Discord, feel free to pop in the server. Link in the OP. Would be great to have you!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I did a few laps last night in Open, didn't see anyone there.. It was hard to find the track in the dark! It is a nice circuit though :D it's even fun to fly around as low as possible!
Would love to take part if I'm free then, can't say for sure yet. Was hoping to see someone there for a practice run but it was quiet :p

The bad thing about the way the instancing works, is that if you don't have someone from your Friends List there, its alot harder to get in the same instance as other people. Makes for a bit of an annoyance. Which is why we're using Discord, and thus, Discord's voice chat, to help organize everyone and get as many as possible into one instance. We may end up running two instances, depending on how many people show up

Last edited:
Thats part of the function of the Discord server I setup for this. Failing all else, you can always add me in game. Same name as here.

Unfortunately no, we're limited to PC for this one. I would like to open it to the Xbox side as well, but without crossplay I simply don't have a way to make it happen.

I will be, a couple very good friends have promised to be there and livestream it, and maybe even one more if Mr. Jones can wake up early enough ;)

I'll also be recording footage from the event at the same time for a video release within a couple days (hopefully) after the race. Any and all participants/spectators are welcome to livestream or record as well.

Sounds good with the ability for a late signup.. I haven't even moved much towards the bubble since my last post so I'll jump in my pilot seat now for a few hours and start to head home.

I might also be streaming the event, as MrGoatie on Twitch, if I make it in time. I'd also love to have a list of the other CMDRs(their twitch handles) who also stream ;)

Last edited:
Just watched the video ... brilliant course! Gonna give it a practice run tomorrow morning and may well sign up for this.

Anyone got any idea whether the course will be in night or day on Friday evening?

Its hard to say, honestly. 6 A is tidally locked to the planet it orbits so the night/day cycles are more unpredictable. Well..if someone paid close enough attention I'm sure we could figure out the precise cycle but nobody has bothered to do it yet haha. Besides, racing that track in the dark is fun, and a huge challenge!

As for livestreamers, I don't wanna name drop anyone in case the real world comes crashing in and ruins their plans. But I *can* say that I'll be streaming it as well as taking video footage. cmdr_paroxsym

So do we have to sign up? Or can we just show up at 19:15 GMT on Friday in Open play?

Thanks.
You can simply show up and tell me you want to race if you wish, though it would be much easier if you joined the Discord channel and listen to the voice chat there. With the amount of people that have joined, you'll need to add me to your in-game friend list to assist with instancing, otherwise I very much doubt you'll get in the same instance as the rest of us. Link to the channel is in the OP.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Let's see, that's about lunchtime here...

Heck, I can probably make it. Are we allowed to strap side(winder) boosters to our SRVs?

:p

LOL I'd love to see something like that! Could make for some interesting jumps!

Last edited:
Top Bottom