Patch soon?

Out of curiosity - what's the difference between a "patch" and a "hotfix"? Other than pirates having no use for hotfixes, that is...

Out of curiosity - what's the difference between a "patch" and a "hotfix"? Other than pirates having no use for hotfixes, that is...
Hotfix: Fixes a few critical issues.
Patch: Fixes a bunch of issues, critical or otherwise.

:D S

how come your brightness/contrast/colors are so beautiful, do you use some other program to enhance it ? My screen is Odyssey is so dark I need to have brightness on full to see something.

No program, just vanilla Odyssey. I've read people saying it's dark, but for whatever reason that's not something I've come across. Maybe adjust the gamma slider in game if you haven't already done so...?

Dev's mostly deploy hot fixes for what are considered "showstoppers", that is it prevents people playing or makes playing extremely difficult. Server patches for back end fixes are more common because they don't need to push new data out to players, they did that with the FC fix. Patches usually include fixes for many minor as well as major problems that couldn't be done as a hot fix, so I expect quite a few changes here, can't wait!

Dev's mostly deploy hot fixes for what are considered "showstoppers", that is it prevents people playing or makes playing extremely difficult. Server patches for back end fixes are more common because they don't need to push new data out to players, they did that with the FC fix. Patches usually include fixes for many minor as well as major problems that couldn't be done as a hot fix, so I expect quite a few changes here, can't wait!
I don't think they'll magically fix everything within a week, so maybe don't expect too much?
I also rather have them take their time and do it thoroughly.
Looking forward the to the patching today. :)

I don't think they'll magically fix everything within a week, so maybe don't expect too much?
I also rather have them take their time and do it thoroughly.
Looking forward the to the patching today. :)

I don't expect a magical fix, but I think there are quite a number of things the patch will address, a lot of these will be legs mission related so they won't affect me at all, in fact I expect very little in this patch to make any difference to my game play, maybe a few graphical fixes but apart from that nothing. I just hope they fix a lot of the little stuff that people are complaining about, not being able to turn in legs missions, getting stuck at terminals. They won't affect me but I will be happy if a lot of other players are helped out by the patch.

I don't expect a magical fix, but I think there are quite a number of things the patch will address, a lot of these will be legs mission related so they won't affect me at all, in fact I expect very little in this patch to make any difference to my game play, maybe a few graphical fixes but apart from that nothing. I just hope they fix a lot of the little stuff that people are complaining about, not being able to turn in legs missions, getting stuck at terminals. They won't affect me but I will be happy if a lot of other players are helped out by the patch.
I'm in exactly the same boat actually.

I think expecting any performance fixes in this patch is being way too optimistic.

Not only did their head Graphics Engineer say that they were having tons of difficulty implementing basic culling, Braben himself doesn't believe that the performance we are getting is abnormal.

Do you have a HDR display?
The game does not support HDR. It's nothing to do with that kind of HDR. HDR lighting is some kind of game techno-babble which isn't the same as High Dynamic Range on TVs or monitors. It will simply be disabled (High Dynamic Range) and ALL games including Horizons would looks bland and washed out if you forced High Dynamic Range on.

Top Bottom