Paul Vernon Memorial Tour

Yes, the anomaly even affects game instancing now. Fdev is going all in on this one :D

Nice to meet you all, looking forward to the trip.

pvt22.jpg

Got to see a few Cmdrs at the bar.

pvt11.jpg

Piper cut me off early, said I'd been there too long. (I think she digs me deep down)

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour: From Colonia to the Great Annihilator

So we finally left Colonia this morning and are well underway to our next destination, The Great Annihilator. This is where we currently are, and it's full of stars! 5 hours of constant jumping already done, just some more to go ;)

1662387279014.jpeg

Lean back and enjoy the ride! 🤠

O7,
🙃

thx for this work, glad that i don´t have to do this by myself and can enjoy some exploration. interesting to see where we end up when i can play this evening. i think i have to spent you a real bear sometimes somewhere.

thx for this work, glad that i don´t have to do this by myself and can enjoy some exploration. interesting to see where we end up when i can play this evening. i think i have to spent you a real bear sometimes somewhere.

Thank you! Plan is to reach the Annihilator later today. Luckily, I got a day off today so can handle the jumps. Btw we burned nearly 2000t of Tritium so far :)

O7,
🙃

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour: From Colonia to the Great Annihilator

And there we are! Finally, after 8 hours of jumping, covering 10k ly in a single day, we finally reached The Great Annihilator and the first (two) of the serious black holes. This is just a first impression of how it looks, there are two of them in the system (A and B, this is A). Our next stop will be Sagittarius A* where we'll meet another supermassive one at the very Core of the Galaxy, but first we'll stay here for two days or so.

1662399359930.jpeg

We'll have enough time for a good look around in this and neighbouring systems, as we won't leave before Wednesday evening and maybe even later if requested.

Now I'm a little tired, see you later!
O7,
🙃

Last edited:
The "Armstrong moment" on some dirt ball out there in the black... ( even though it's never really black with all that stars... 🤷‍♂️ )
20220906010250_1.jpg

My alt checking the hull of his ship...
20220906012010_1.jpg

Those things reminded me of some well known leathery eggs but thank god they didn't try to face hug or bite me...
20220906024403_1.jpg

Back at the carrier...
20220906041239_1.jpg

Never noticed that there's a second "nameplate" beside the large landing pads...
20220906042143_1.jpg

Time to get out and go to the bar...
20220906042422_1.jpg

...Piper is already waiting...
20220906041904_1.jpg

o7

Great pics! Got some first footfalls and botanics findings too, in the neighbouring systems. Ok, pics or it didn't happen ;)

Screenshot_0559.jpg

Screenshot_0564.jpg

Screenshot_0566.jpg

Screenshot_0567.jpg

Screenshot_0568.jpg

Screenshot_0571.jpg

Screenshot_0572.jpg

Screenshot_0573.jpg

Screenshot_0577.jpg

Screenshot_0578.jpg

That's my humble collection. The Prof, our @keith_p, found some really cool systems and plants and might want to share the pics here too ;)

Question is: How is the general opinion on staying for another day? Otherwise, we would proceed tomorrow evening for another six carrier jumps and end up at the Core. Basic plan is to stay there until Monday or so and then go on the really long tour, ending up at Beagle Point. That's more than 70 (!) jumps, and we will split them up into several sections with a day or two pause in between each, leaving room for exploration, first footfalls, exobiology and such.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Yes I'm in no hurry, and also along for the ride so there's that 😉
i would vote for a slow travel, unfortunately i´am off for some time starting next week and will sadly miss big parts of the voyage. btw, cannot proof with pictures but newly discovered 1 elw and 3 ww and 8 codex entries on vegetation during 3 hours of exploration. nice area very dense starsystems which makes it more diffucult for me to systematically scan undiscovered systems. i go only for undiscovered G-Star systems at the moment. thx again to the Lawfull for lifting us across the milky way.

Paul Vernon Memorial Tour: From the Great Annihilator to Sagittarius A*

Ok, so we'll leave tonight at 19:00 space time then and head for the Core. I hope everybody is safely on board by then, if not, please give me a shout! Last time I was there, the systems around Sagittarius A* are quite interesting too and the stars are densest, so there will be many opportunities for exploration there as well. We'll stay there for some time (till approx. Sunday, but won't leave earlier). Hope that is okay with everyone!

And there we are! Supermassive seems about right 🤠

Screenshot_0585.jpg

Screenshot_0584.jpg

Screenshot_0582.jpg

Find the ship...

O7 and N8 for today,
🙃

Last edited:
looks like i feel tired after yesterdays exploration tour and felt asleep during the first jump. whats with a team meeting and a second photo try on the weekend when everyone can probably agree on a time ?. i´am living in central europe and flexible on timing

carrier jump 1.jpg

carrier jump 2.jpg

Lets see what we can arrange, team meeting and photo shoot should be fine!

EDIT: Current plan is as follows:

1. We'll have another meet-and-greet session including a photo shoot tonight (Sunday) at 18:00 space time. As always, we'll meet at the Bar on the The Lawful & Vernon.

2. The carrier will continue it's journey to Beagle Point tomorrow (Monday) at 18:00 space time as well. If you want to come with us (and enjoy a free ride to the End of the Galaxy and back), please make sure you are on board before that date. The route to Beagle will require 79 jumps in total and cover nearly 40k ly, so we will split it up into packages of about 7 jumps a day (that's 2,5 hours of jumping each day). We are not in a hurry and will go slow but steady still, just like the railroad vs. cavalry. We'll make pauses at certain steps, to allow for exploration and such, but details have to be determined during the journey itself, and will be posted here in due time 🤠

Some pictures from the recent days at the Core:

Screenshot_0587.jpg

Screenshot_0588.jpg

Screenshot_0589.jpg

Screenshot_0594.jpg

Screenshot_0590.jpg

Still no real progress with Piper, but you can't always win. Well, tomorrow 18:00 space time we go out again!

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
So this is the restaurant at the end of the universe then ?
20220911181019_1.jpg

Sadly no drinks here either... :cry:
20220911181251_1.jpg

Only the Pyramids were missing...
20220911154557_1.jpg

Never really noticed before that we leave footprints behind...
20220911154205_1.jpg

Odyssey has major instancing problems with carriers it seems. For some reasons, I can't bring The Lawful and The Truthful together into a single instance, not even if nobody else is around. Truthful is an Epic account with Odyssey retrofitted. Odd.

O7,
🙃

Top Bottom