PC car games with in-depth car customisation?

Deleted member 110222

D
I'm looking for a game that matches the title.

By customisation, I mean everything from paint to bodywork to performance.

TIA

I'm looking for a game that matches the title.

By customisation, I mean everything from paint to bodywork to performance.

TIA

You have a Xbox One if I remember correctly Unicorn, Forza Horizon 4 is on games pass store for it, very good. I think you can even get it on the pc from the windows store.

I wasnt a fan of the race festival theme but the cars driving and mechanics were all amazing. Great customization for your paint and parts. I would highly recommend it.

My only complaint was the 2nd gen Rx7 was only right hand drive. The Savannah model of it was but it came in other models in the States that were left and I owned one. I just can't get use to right hand drive cars even in a video game. It made me so annoyed I quit playing ir as soon as I found that out. I plan on going back to get my driving fix again soo.

Last edited:
I used to own 2nd gen RX-7 IRL, highly customized :D

I took mine moderately far. I had naturally aspirated models, 1990 GTU and a 1987 GXL? I had everything from the Turbo II swapped into the GTU but the actual turbo. You can do the 20b tri Rotor swap in game along with turbos and even 4wd drive trains. I liked the body kits for them also.

Theres even a auction in FH2 you can sell custom tuned / decorated cars on auction with your designs and paint locked to them. I did a cool raising sun / dragon theme on a third gen rx7 on one of the 360 ones and I made millions just applying it to stock cars and selling em.

Forza Horizon 4, enjoyed it on PC quite a bit. It's silly and over the top, and it knows that. It has great customization, ridiculous amount of cars, and pretty detailed tuning and simulation for an arcade game.

Deleted member 110222

D
I forgot about Forza. Good grief it's been a long time...

Might have to look into FH4. Suspect painting on PC will be much easier thanks to alt-tab lol.

I forgot about Forza. Good grief it's been a long time...

Might have to look into FH4. Suspect painting on PC will be much easier thanks to alt-tab lol.
I had FH4 and Forza 7 as bonus games on the Xbox one X when I bought it...they're both play anywhere so I can shove them on the PC if I fancy it.

Still much prefer Project cars 2 though :)

My Summer Car

:D

Perkele! That's just cruel.

I'm way out of date with racing games. NFS Carbon and Prostreet were probably the last I played. They had lots of tuning and dressing up options, were generally good fun although Prostreet did ramp the difficulty up hard towards the end when the hypercars started appearing.

Need for Speed games have a lot of customization, although not down into the gubbins. GTA also has similar.... although even more so on the appearance side.

Then there is this...

BeamNG.drive is your ultimate vehicle sandbox: https://www.beamng.com/

That said, it doesn't do multiplayer so if that's your thing, it's a hard pass. Also, it's a sandbox, so make sure you approach it like so. It comes with a good few scenarios and series of scenarios to give you stuff to do and ideas of what's doable (from driving tutorials to basic races and spectacular crash challenges in between a Speed reenactment), but you won't find long campaigns or unlock-based modes.

Check out that customisation video for a taster, and that was in 2016, the game keeps improving:

Edit: and here's one for jumps and crashes:

Or how about jumping into truck trailers?

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
BeamNG.drive is your ultimate vehicle sandbox: https://www.beamng.com/

That said, it doesn't do multiplayer so if that's your thing, it's a hard pass. Also, it's a sandbox, so make sure you approach it like so. It comes with a good few scenarios and series of scenarios to give you stuff to do and ideas of what's doable (from driving tutorials to basic races and spectacular crash challenges in between a Speed reenactment), but you won't find long campaigns or unlock-based modes.

Check out that customisation video for a taster, and that was in 2016, the game keeps improving:

Edit: and here's one for jumps and crashes:

Or how about jumping into truck trailers?
Thank you, I will look at that.

Multiplayer isn't a factor for me. Actually being a SP game is a point in favour for this genre.

Top Bottom