Personal Equipment Engineers Data Grinds!

I really feel the grind to get data for unlocking engineers needs to be reviewed. Each one has been real work, no fun at all.

Got down to 7 minute runs on 5 data port settlement Four Hab One Extration (yes I 100% collected some from Ext Data Port). This took me tha long that I colleced 8 of those stupid opinion polls again whils trying for Financial Projections I was missing. his has taken many weeks to grind (I play more than a just a few hrs a day) and honestly has not been fun at all. Games should be fun not so much work.
Now that I have engineered the gear I wanted I don;t even feel like playing anymore because the grind burnt me out.

Ship Locker 26-09-21.jpg

I really feel the grind to get data for unlocking engineers needs to be reviewed. Each one has been real work, no fun at all.

Got down to 7 minute runs on 5 data port settlement Four Hab One Extration (yes I 100% collected some from Ext Data Port). This took me tha long that I colleced 8 of those stupid opinion polls again whils trying for Financial Projections I was missing. his has taken many weeks to grind (I play more than a just a few hrs a day) and honestly has not been fun at all. Games should be fun not so much work.
Now that I have engineered the gear I wanted I don;t even feel like playing anymore because the grind burnt me out.

View attachment 264902

I've given up on actively looking for data and I'll stick to organically finding it when I do ground missions.

I don't struggle to kill NPC with stock suits and weapons. It's a different story with ship-based engineering, however, where engineering is almost mandatory to be effective at it.

I've given up on actively looking for data and I'll stick to organically finding it when I do ground missions.
Hopefully you'll find more now they've made the Restore Power missions appear more, though really fdev have shot themselves in the foot by tying their appearance to the BGS - but not having anything in the game to say that.

Each mission category should probably have flavour text to give people hints 'Support missions are found when a settlement is in a negative state', 'Thargoid missions are found ... 🤷‍♀️ ' etc.

Hopefully you'll find more now they've made the Restore Power missions appear more, though really fdev have shot themselves in the foot by tying their appearance to the BGS - but not having anything in the game to say that.

Each mission category should probably have flavour text to give people hints 'Support missions are found when a settlement is in a negative state', 'Thargoid missions are found ... 🤷‍♀️ ' etc.

I do love my restore missions.

I have to regularly sell all the useless mats due to the number of restore missions I do and the loot I find. I know a sensible person might pick and choose the mats they take but I'm not even remotely sensible.
I've 'finished' all my engineering now, so I only download the data - just to annoy the grinders who say it's impossible to find. Having done that for weeks, staring at a 5 minute download timer, they've now dropped all the times :ROFLMAO: Such a good use of my time :)

I've 'finished' all my engineering now,
I'm not even close on my 3 accounts to 'completing' Odyssey engineering... But, bar the 3rd account which only got Ody a week or so ago, I can go into a High CZ and win just with G3 (and on main a couple of G4 that I picked up the bits to upgrade in the shop) kit with engineering applied on purchase.

I do have the 'deep pockets' engineering on my Mav suits, which I think is great, particularly as I'd bought a G3 with it already applied!

I've 'finished' all my engineering now, so I only download the data - just to annoy the grinders who say it's impossible to find. Having done that for weeks, staring at a 5 minute download timer, they've now dropped all the times :ROFLMAO: Such a good use of my time :)

When I first noticed the times on the data downloads I imagined a situation where I'd have to stay close to the terminals while fighting off hoards of NPC trying to stop me. Sadly all I end up doing is listening to elevator music for 200 seconds or less.

Thank Lord Brebus they reduced the times.

I'm not even close on my 3 accounts to 'completing' Odyssey engineering... But, bar the 3rd account which only got Ody a week or so ago, I can go into a High CZ and win just with G3 (and on main a couple of G4 that I picked up the bits to upgrade in the shop) kit with engineering applied on purchase.
Yeah - what the grinders are missing is :

1) You don't need all the engineering - once I finished one of each suit type and weapon I didn't feel any need to do another, because any G5 is OP.
2) Once you've got all those engineers and that sweet OP gear ... that's about it. There's no real point to doing more foot stuff (apart from, it is fun), so rushing to max your gear means you'll just end up wondering why you bothered to rush. Kinda like that guy who ground out about 20+ suits & weps while complaining about the grind - and hasn't been heard of since :)

There's no real point to doing more foot stuff (apart from, it is fun),
Pretty good point...

I do ground 'stuff' just for fun, some missions or just some murder, maybe just sneaking around to improve that skill, but will openly admit I find it very hard to resist Scav missions, there is sufficient variety in those alone to keep my chuckling going for a while yet.

Today I may take a peek at the changes in Ground CZs - been a little 'busy' doing other stuff the last few days!

You have to evolve to keep playing and enjoying. The next evolutionary stage is to be a sensei*, taking on an apprentice. You can then guide them on the way so that they do not become totally lost. Once they have graduated from apprentice, they can go on their own (grindy) path.

* Sensei rather than Sith, 'cos we all know how that ends.

Steve 07.

You don't need to engineer anything for odyssey. Just check the stores for pre-engineered stuff, and set up different loadouts. In fact, the best and most effective tool for upgrading in Odyssey is the Apex taxi.

Took a while but I've ended up with night vision on each of the three suits - all bought from Pioneer stores. And upgrading is more important (and easier) than engineering, so stick another level on them to bring them to G3.

I have jump range, battery usage, night vision, extra backpad, silenced, extra ammo, range, sights, you name it, and I've only gone to an Odyssey engineer 2 or 3 times.

Top Bottom