Personal Equipment Engineers Data Grinds!

I've 'finished' all my engineering now, so I only download the data - just to annoy the grinders who say it's impossible to find. Having done that for weeks, staring at a 5 minute download timer, they've now dropped all the times :ROFLMAO: Such a good use of my time :)

Just watch, over time FDev will reduce the materials required for engineering and raise the drop rate, until it becomes trivial to kit everything out.

They can't release the game with low requirements for engineering and then raise them, because the volume of complaints would drown out even the 'new ships/new srvs/ship interiors when?' crowd. So they set the bar high and slowly bring it down lower and lower until anyone can shuffle over it without stubbing their toes or unduly exerting themselves. (data downloading times, plant scanning minigame, earning billions of credits, etc.)

Just glad we got rocket troops and slightly more alert scavs, instead of three more layers of body armour and a bulletproof SRV.

Just watch, over time FDev will reduce the materials required for engineering and raise the drop rate, until it becomes trivial to kit everything out.
Yeah, Opinion Polls coming down from 40, to 20, to 10 shows that already. I think the only thing I would change - now that the times are reduced, would be SDP requirements down to 3. Or tweak the spawn rate.
Yeah like leaving your game on to remove Notoriety as it does not drop when not logged in. So obvious.
Or you could just lean how to play, as notoriety is not an issue if you have a clue how it works. <sigh> grinders eh - I thought you lot were in a rush :ROFLMAO:

I have to regularly sell all the useless mats due to the number of restore missions I do and the loot I find. I know a sensible person might pick and choose the mats they take but I'm not even remotely sensible.
I can’t pick up anything unless I discard items. There is no point picking up any item other than the most valuable Graphene/Microelectrode/Weapon Component You never get enough of the other crafting mats to use all the Chemicals/Circuits/Tech you can pick up during your search for the rest.

The only thing that's got me is weapon components. Rare as unicorn poop and the highest trade rate. 😂
Often in Extraction / Industrial bases (more than Military IMHO). Often they are just lying around on containers, rather than in the lockers - easy to miss. The distributions do seem weird - Graphene is high value in its class - and is everywhere (and obvious!) - WC are rarer, and more difficult to spot.

NERF GRAPHENE DROPS! 😈

Perhaps my style of gaming is different to OP, but I don't feel the need to grind. Provided that the learning curve for on foot missions was really steep, the pre-engineered gear I was able to buy came along with experience, and I enjoy doing on foot missions (or just random scavenging) without any focus on farming materials.
I have my wishlist of mods and upgrades I want, and the materials required, but I am not actively hunting for them: as a matter of fact, I only have 2 or 3 engineers unlocked so far, and I am still loads of Opinion Polls away from the next big step. The funny thing is that I have plenty of Smear Campaign Plans that came from a few scavenging runs, but I was not hunting for them.

With regards to the other materials, I simply don't collect them anymore, unless I know which ones I am missing, because I am topped up (I generally stop collecting them when I have 30 in my inventory, and if I have more I just trade them the next time I go to a bar - incidentally, I've tried to go to a pub with a bag of electric wire, random bottles of bleach, discarded circuits, etc. and asked if they could trade them, but the guy at the bar told me they would only do beer there...).

Often in Extraction / Industrial bases (more than Military IMHO). Often they are just lying around on containers, rather than in the lockers - easy to miss. The distributions do seem weird - Graphene is high value in its class - and is everywhere (and obvious!) - WC are rarer, and more difficult to spot.
Don't remind me. I know to look out for them now, but I wonder how many I just walked past before.

Why look for weapon components? Trading is your very good friend here.
Always pick up the humble chip*, and there are lots to be found. Barter value 2, but 9 of them and you have a weapon component. In addition always pick up any other tech items found. Optical lenses, micro hydraulics & thrusters, scramblers and transmitters. Their barter value is 3-6(?).

*HABS are a really good source.

Steve 07.

Chips are for chumps. Optical Lens is where the action's at (It's still a slog for 60 components for a G3->G5).
Ooh, those are fightin’ words!!!

(agree tho… 5 for optical lenses beats the 2 for chips, but the chips are absolutely everywhere. They should be sold in bags covered in salt, vinegar, and curry sauce.)

Top Bottom