Photographers and explorers, we need you

OGLE-05-390L
Zz4FDxi.jpg

The Galactic Mapping Project has a very large number of interesting locations catalogued, but some of them are missing details, particularly ones submitted back in the early days. If you have pictures and details, or are willing to go exploring, we could use you!

(Please submit to the GMP thread, linked above.)

Here's a list of things that are in highest need of more details and photos:

Nebula

Other
Zygote Nebula - Screaka RE-M b35-61 - photos needed
Mylaifai Nebula- Mylaifai CN-C b45-44 - photos needed

Stellar Features

The Scutum Outer Beacon - Preou Free AA-A h0 - photos needed
Aisling's Diadem - Dryoea Gree EG-Y g1975 - photos needed

Planetary Features
OGLE-05-390L - OGLE-05-390L - photos needed

Black Holes
V381 Normae - V381 Normae - photos needed, better description
'Terra Incredible' - Eok Pruae NS-U f2-1097 - photos needed
Explorer's End - Phae Phlai AA-A h0 - photos needed
Hey Heavy just a really quick question.

Are these all the only ones or entries like this one (https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/786824/name/Pueliae+IT-H+d10-1 has a very small old picture) may qualify for need on photo renewals based in what you are looking for with those urgent entries?

I've been taking pictures of archived POIs with poor photos and descriptions, but I'm not sure if they are needed for resubmission or would be accepted despite some of them lacking a modern or a picture at all.

This is an example of a poorly described and non-photographed POI that I made an entry, Goliath's Sling

POI resubmission

This one, in particular, I think is a good resubmission and updated description.

However, I'm not sure about some other archived POI's I'm revisiting in ED Odyssey I'm looking to "renew" if they are needed despite the old pictures.

Please let me know since I'm looking for renewing an entry for that nebula (Pueliae Nebula) and the following POI's

https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/3185867/name/Pueliae+QT-R+e4-0 (maybe I could record a video from the old elite client for this entry?)

Please let me know since I would like to contribute for these to have more visitors

I am no longer managing this thread or actively working to fix missing photos in the GMP. With Odyssey, console death, etc. the GMP has been slowing down significantly and has an uncertain future.

Others are welcome to take over this effort.

Top Bottom