Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors

They should combine things from RCT3 and Planet Coaster and give us working waterparks with waterslides and pools. Planet Coaster is missing some rides that are in RCT3 like the Gravitron which also showed up in RTCW and Parkitect. There are some fake Gravitrons on the workshop though. And the giant slide, the skycoaster, the sling shot, double ferris wheel, etc.

One advantage Park Beyond has over Planet Coaster is that most of the flat rides in that game look really neat and even have special effects, something that most of the flat rides in Planco don't. I really want Frontier to take a page from that game and make the flats in Planco 2 have cool effects to make them look neater than they do. They can redesign previous flats to make them look better than in the first game!

Looking at Park Beyond it seems to be a 'fun' game. However, it's not in the least bit realistic looking, which is important for many of us. Some of the special effects the PB rides have aren't realistic either. I'm all for improving the over-all look to make them look even closer to their real-life counterpoints though...otherwise if I want the fun of rides that can do all sorts of stuff, I'd stick to a game with that design, and so far Planet Coaster doesn't.

Park Beyond is far too cartoonish for my taste. Planet Coaster can at least give you the feeling of reality which absolutely cannot be said of PB.
I still want the flat rides in Planco 2 to look extremely close to their real-life counterparts and give you the feeling of a real ride, just with special effects added and better theming than the original Planco rides.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Without going off topic too much, Park Beyond had to stand on it's own feet and have something about it that Planet Coaster doesn't have. (the Impossification) so that it won't compete with the existing game so much and that if another was ever announced during the support of Park Beyond, it wouldn't be a direct competitor. It's a fun game with a different purpose I feel. I'm enjoying it.

Without going off topic too much, Park Beyond had to stand on it's own feet and have something about it that Planet Coaster doesn't have. (the Impossification) so that it won't compete with the existing game so much and that if another was ever announced during the support of Park Beyond, it wouldn't be a direct competitor. It's a fun game with a different purpose I feel. I'm enjoying it.
Basicaslly it's like that console Zoo game Frontier made ages ago, 2013s Zoo Tycoon, in other words. Or Thrillville, rather.
Certainly targeting a younger audience, for sure.
I wouldn't mind, if at least they set some budget for PlanCo again. Even things like getting the TMTK sorted, Community Packs and such would make a huge difference.
Skylines (not Frontier) was exceptional on that behalf and it paid off big time. It'll boost sales for Skylines 2 cause people don't feel like they were abandoned when the money wasn't raining any more.

You can request a thread title change by either reporting the first post with your request or by asking a moderator such as me.

Do you want me to change the thread title to "Planet Coaster 2: Speculation and Rumors" ?
How about making more DLCs and upgrades for Planet Coaster 1, that would be NEWS. and/or in the appropriate Speculation and Rumors category.

My personal PC2 Wishlist (in no particular order):
  • Category: Things already in Planet Zoo
    • More options for terrain painting. That way, we’d get grass, dirt, rock, sand, snow, etc in every biome.
    • Modular restaurants and souvenir shops.
    • Being able to move objects on multiple planes, not exclusively X, Y, and Z at a time.
    • Improved Work Zone mechanics.
  • New Mechanics
    • Entertainer/Character Designer - Make your own characters for guests to meet!
      • Features new Character Designer feature of the game.
      • Choose whether it’ll be a face character (like Princess Amelie or Miss Elly) or a mask character (like King Coaster or Chief Beef)
      • Choose how the character looks: height, skin color, hair, etc.
      • Choose what the character wears.
        • If it is a mask character, the mask/sleeves/costume/etc can be a variety of things: humanoid, animal, robot, etc.
      • Choose how the character behaves. This can be a personality type of thing. The character can be energetic and bubbly like Gulpee Rex or villainous like Captain Lockjaw.
      • The characters can even appear as animatronics for your rides.
    • Parades
      • New Parade Float Designer feature in the game.
        • Basically just design floats.
        • Can be a big grand scene type of float or a typical vehicle in the parade.
      • Can create a parade that includes the floats and vehicles you created, which characters can stand on the float or walk/dance in the parade. You can arrange the sequence in which each parade segment appears in the parade.
      • Then you’d select a route on which the parade travels. However, the path would have to be a specific minimum width to accommodate for both the floats and the guests watching.
    • Walkthrough Attractions
      • Have the guests walk through a series of rooms and hallways
      • Have displays that the guests can admire while touring the attraction (similar to the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough at Disneyland).
      • Have their attention pointed using mini-scenes that include special effects or live performers (similar to the now-defunct Poseidon’s Fury at Universal’s Islands of Adventure).
      • Haunted Houses/Scare Mazes technically count.
    • Seasonal Events/Areas that are only accessible to guests at certain times of year, such as holidays, food festivals, etc.
    • Live Performances/Stage Shows - Don’t ask how I’d make that work. I just know that it’s a staple of theme parks.
    • Projecting images onto walls - Can be used for rides and live shows.
    • Elevators and/or Escalators
  • New Theme - Prehistoric
    • Building pieces: Cave/rock wall grid pieces, cave art panels/decals.
    • Props: Prehistoric plants; animatronic dinosaurs, cavemen, and mammoths; cavemen tools and weapons
    • New Entertainer: Unnamed Caveman Character

That’s pretty much it. Let me know what you all think!

Well planzoo console is announced now. We have a very decent chance planco 2 is the release this year. According to the financial report Frontier is banking a lot of money on this years november release,so it must be something they know sells and they know can make them lost money back. Still I've been hoping for this sequel for years,so I don't want to create any false hype that leads to dissapointment. Until their november release is announced,keep your expectations low. If you look at just the new features and graphic upgrades planetzoo offers, the modular gift shops for example, we are in for a treat with a sequel.

Frontier will star a live stream in 1 hour.
I wonder if we'll get any note about PC2...
But it's unlikely in their well known promo strategy (Planet Zoo console edition: announced yesterday - release end of march)!

Uh, not happy but a little bit hyped now...
No official news about PC2 yet but
"it" will be released 2024!

They described it like it's the one big thing Frontier is known for... And they've never really been away.

I just can't imagine that it won't be PC2!

We have to wait some more streams (last Wednesday each month)...
We all know that announcements were made a really short while before release!

Last edited:
Would really like some Planet Coaster 2 news soon

I have been enjoying Planet Coaster 1 lately after having a long gaming break and the frame rate drops i'm getting when i'm not even at 25% of finishing my park is starting to demotivate me.

I hope Planet Coaster 2 is gonna be built with optimization in mind from the start

Top Bottom