Planet Coaster Beta - Open for Business, November 9!

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey everyone!

Get strapped in because the Planet Coaster beta is opening soon!

That’s right coaster park fans, we’re very excited to share some much anticipated news with you about the Planet Coaster beta and how it will work.

Steam-IM_PlanetCoaster(noslogan).jpg

Straight from the information booth

The beta will open its gates on Wednesday November 9 for everyone who owns the Early Bird Edition or Thrillseeker Pre-Order of Planet Coaster (and all new Thrillseeker customers joining the community on or after the 9th) and will run all the way through until Planet Coaster launches on November 17.

What’s more, you’ll be able to experience every new feature that’s coming to the final release as we bring you our most significant update ever, which puts simulation and management firmly at the centre of the game!

You’ll be able to put your managerial prowess to the test, build your money-making empire and surprise, delight and thrill your guests with a host of new features and content that brings everything together into the greatest coaster park game ever made.

Beta together

The beta will include all of the content and features that will be in Planet Coaster at launch, but not all the gameplay scenarios – we’re saving those!
On the 9 November there’ll be two scenarios to test in Career mode - one easier, one more challenging - and we’ll be looking to our fabulous beta community to give us as much feedback as possible.

During the Beta, our amazing dev team will be working hard monitoring what’s going on, taking feedback and using it to help finalise balancing, bug fixing and last minute improvements before the final release on November 17.

So, what’s new?

Glad you asked. In the two and a half weeks leading up to the beta release on November 9, we’ll be keeping you informed and entertained on the massive changes coming to Planet Coaster with livestreams, news posts and sneak peeks.

Look out for our Management Matters article that will give you loads of delicious detail about the management features coming to the beta. We’ll have two developer livestreams, on October 31 and November 7, where we’ll be taking a lingering look at some of the incredible big ticket additions to the game, including some great surprises. Keep your eyes on our Facebook and Twitter pages too for those sneak peeks of exciting new content and features coming in the Planet Coaster Beta.

So clear your schedule and make space in your diary as we show you everything – the team have been working on a lot of this stuff for a long time, and we’re sure you’ll think it was worth the wait!

If you would like to play the Planet Coaster beta before the November 17 release date and don’t already have either the Early Bird Edition or Thrillseeker pre-order, you can pick up the Thrillseeker Pre-Order now from Steam for just £29.99/ €37.99/$44.99 and gain access on November 9. The Thrillseeker Pre-Order comes packed with extra goodies too, including a downloadable sketch book, a download of the amazing soundtrack album ‘You, Me & Gravity’, an in-game golden King Coaster mascot and a gold hat for your in-game avatar to wear around your parks!

Thanks for joining us for the ride! From here on, please keep your hands inside the car at all times.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Exciting news! Thrilled to see the new additions to this fantastic ride! [big grin]

Now we know ;-)

And knowing is half the battle.... G. I. Joooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee....

Gosh, I bet only a handful will get that reference

Thank you Frontier! It is almost here!

But I guess we are not getting water rides at all :(

Why would you think that? They've never said no have they?

I hope there's lots of things that they will show us in the upcoming streams that they haven't already [yesnod]

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Why would you think that? They've never said no have they?
That's right. There's no public answer on that question yet, but there will be an answer real soon...

On a side note, I like the same ride as Jonny Watts. [big grin]

Wohow YAS ! 9th November ! Wish It Would Of Been The 3rd November Though, 9th Seems Centuries Away, Would Be Amazing If You Changed It Lol, But Knowone Knows How Excited I Am For This Game Too Come Out ! ����������������������������������

Are the System requirements the same as in Alpha 3? Or did anything change in the beta Build?
btw. Brillant news!!!

Really hyped and itself HYPED to reed more about Management.!!!!

Will be that article disponible today ? [big grin]

Thanks Zac!

I love how I know most of the new additions that are coming for the beta, and Im still as excited as a kid in Christmas before opening the presents!
People are going to be surprised by a lot of things, and I cant wait for their reactions.
Minds will be blown. [haha]

Top Bottom