Planet Coaster Beta Update!

All great updates, THANKS!
Quick question, not sure if this has been already asked. Does anyone know will there be stand-up coasters added (Togo/B&M)?

The B&M standup is already in the game. The only TOGO coaster that I've seen a concept image for was the Ultra Twister model (See Dev Diary 2 and look at drawings in background to see Ultra Twister train)

I really *hate* this update.

I did not ask for bigger parks, or for you to make my current parks "useless" - thanks for that.

I can not even unlock the new coaster in my current park (i do not care for the size at all), but the missing coaster sucks.

I will stop playing right now, until it is finished - i am not going to build another park, just because you decided to patch something again.

Really bad - this is not how you treat your customers.

EDIT: At least let us research the new stuff. (This currently is so stupid, that i can not find the right words, without getting really angry. (and i am already really angry, because you more or less made 30 hours of gameplay useless // This is so damn bad, that i actually deinstalled the game. I am done with it, for now - gg wp.)

Last edited:

I did not ask for bigger parks, or for you to make my current parks "useless" - thanks for that.

I can not even unlock the new coaster in my current park (i do not care for the size at all), but the missing coaster sucks.

I will stop playing right now, until it is finished - i am not going to build another park, just because you decided to patch something again.

EDIT: At least let us research the new stuff. (This currently is so stupid, that i can not find the right words, without getting really angry.)

lol just wow

EDIT: At least let us research the new stuff. (This currently is so stupid, that i can not find the right words, without getting really angry. (and i am already really angry, because you more or less made 30 hours of gameplay useless // This is so damn bad, that i actually deinstalled the game. I am done with it, for now - gg wp.)

LOL

You know what "beta" mean?

LOL

You know what "beta" mean?

No, i dont know that - and i dont care.

It cant be that hard, to add this to existing savegames.
It makes no sense for me, in my world, where i write my name on the wall with a pen between my feet.

EDIT: No, i am not a Troll, i am just very ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ right now. (it can not be THAT hard to give existing savegames the possibility to reasearch that new stuff, or add the bigger parks.)

Do they plan to do that, everytime they add content to the game? (with every DLC, and every (possibly) free update?)
Do they really think People want to start from scratch everytime they add something to the game, just because they can not research it?

Last edited:
No, i dont know that - and i dont care.

It cant be that hard, to add this to existing savegames.
It makes no sense for me, in my world, where i write my name on the wall with a pen between my feet.

EDIT: No, i am not a Troll, i am just very ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ right now. (it can not be THAT hard to give existing savegames the possibility to reasearch that new stuff, or add the bigger parks.)

Do they plan to do that, everytime they add content to the game? (with every DLC, and every (possibly) free update?)
Do they really think People want to start from scratch everytime they add something to the game, just because they can not research it?

Sorry maybe you shouldnt be playing the game right now if you dont know what a Beta is or what you sign up for when using a beta product

Last edited:
Sorry maybe you shouldnt be playing the game right now if you dont know what a Beta is or what you sign up for when using a beta product

srsly.
That Beta-Thing is no excuse for their incompetence to do 2 simple things:

- Add research to existing savegames
- change border-size of existing parks

Firs thing is easy to do, and the second thing should only be a different number than before.
So.. tell me, why did they choose the most stupid and annoying way?

EDIT:

Yeah sorry but your way out of line on that really aggressive post TBH.
Yeah... i was angry... but i also do not care if i get banned for it.

Last edited:
srsly.
That Beta-Thing is no excuse for their incompetence to do 2 simple things:

- Add research to existing savegames
- change border-size of existing parks

Firs thing is easy to do, and the second thing should only be a different number than before.
So.. tell me, why did they choose the most stupid and annoying way?

Guess what you have no pedestal to stand on when you say you dont know what beta means and what it entails. My advise to you is the next time you see a game that you can play but its in Early Access or Beta you should not start playing it

Guess what you have no pedestal to stand on when you say you dont know what beta means and what it entails. My advise to you is the next time you see a game that you can play but its in Early Access or Beta you should not start playing it

Actually.. it does NOT say "beta" on steam - just "Planet Coaster".

But that still does not change the nonsense behind that Patch today?

Last edited:
[url]http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/32124033/Unbenannt.png[/URL]

Let them call it "Beta", then it is one.

What you have observed is something that happens during Alpha/Beta. There is never a guarantee that any update during this period wont break previous save files or objects or that anything will be backwards compatible.

Alpha/Beta's are there to test the game and find issue not play it fully

You know full well the game is currently in beta (its specified even in the scenarios) and you are just trying to make excuses.

Last edited:
STEAM:
Pre-Purchase the Thrillseeker Edition which includes the base game and the Thrillseeker downloadable content, and receive Beta Access in November when the beta opens, prior to the game release: Play the game early, official release date on November 17, 2016.

WIKIPEDIA:
Beta testing is done during beta stage of development. Often this refers to the first publicly available version of a game ...
A common misconception is that all game testers enjoy alpha or beta version of the game and report occasionally found bugs...
... in beta to allow time for issue resolution...

What you have observed is something that happens during Alpha/Beta. There is never a guarantee that any update during this period wont break previous save files or objects.

You know full well the game is currently in beta (its specified even in the scenarios) and you are just trying to make excuses

As i already said... i dont care abaout your standpoint.

They could easily add that stuff to existing savegames, but they decided to not do that.

Will this happen whenever they add something to the game? (i mean.. this is a legit concern, at this point - especially after Release.)

EDIT:
Just imagine... 3 months after release, they bring a DLC, and you can not add the content of that DLC to your existing parks.

Wouldn`t that suck? (oh ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ yeah... that would suck...)

Can not be that hard to make new Rides researchable, and that is my Problem right now. (i really dont care about the park size, i am fine with the smaller one)

Last edited:
[url]http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/32124033/Unbenannt.png[/URL]

"Planet coaster *Beta* Update 4" - each update clearly presents itself as an update to the BETA of the game.

"Pre-Purchase the Thrillseeker Edition which includes the base game and the Thrillseeker downloadable content, and receive Beta Access in November when the beta opens, prior to the game release: Play the game early, official release date on November 17, 2016."

The Thrillseeker edition clearly presents itself as "Beta Access .. prior to the game release" so you may "play the game early"

You knew what you were getting into. If not, then that is still *YOUR* fault for simply not reading, let alone not knowing what a "beta" is.

Stop acting so pretentious. It's your fault you are upset. Nobody to blame but yourself for choosing to be so petulant about it. Just stop crying fowl, put the game down, and come back later - problem solved.

There was literally no need or purpose to consciously choose to spread your negativity around for being so ignorant of the facts.

There was literally no need or purpose to consciously choose to spread your negativity around for being so ignorant of the facts.

There is more than enough reason for that.

They better not do something like that with the "full" game and dlcs.

Last edited:
As i already said... i dont care abaout your standpoint.

They could easily add that stuff to existing savegames, but they decided to not do that.

Oh you must be on the Frontier Dev team then if you know they decided not to do that purposely.

Could they have made the update compatible...probably yes but it also would have taken more time and taken away from more important items like stability fixes and they are not going to do that 2 days before release just so you can have new rides and bigger map for your one save file

Last edited:
Oh you must be on the Frontier Dev team then if you know they decided not to do that purposely.

Could they have made the update compatible...probably yes but it also would have taken more time and taken away from more important items like stability fixes and they are not going to do that 2 days before release just so you can have new rides and bigger map for your one save file

They need to do it anyway, for future updates. (this is my biggest problem with it, right now)

And that research-menu is probably just a list filled with bool-values and the rides. (must be hard to add one line there, and place a 0 next to it (would maybe take 10-20 seconds of precious developement time))

Last edited:
They need to do it anyway, for future updates. (this is my biggest problem with it, right now)

And that research-menu is probably just a list filled with bool-values and the rides. (must be hard to add one line there, and place a 0 next to it)

lol yup you know your programming thats all it take is a 1 line of code....[rolleyes]

Lets make sure we take the long route to fix something that does not even matter in beta and then skip other major issues that we have...such good logic there

Last edited:
lol yup you know your programming thats all it take is a 1 line of code....[rolleyes]

yes, it literally just needs a single line in an Array to achieve that.

There probably is a Number for each ride (for example: 001 for Wooden Coasters) and a value next to it 0/1 if you have researched it. (in the savegame)

It is not difficult to add one more line to that savegame, when you save it next time. (the game already rewrites the whole savegame anyway)

EDIT: brb, going to try that, maybe it works that way... (Nope, it does not... meh.. going to take a look into the save-files (savefiles are compressed with something that stops me from editing them (even with hex))

Last edited:
Top Bottom