Planet Coaster Extended Alpha Weekend is Live!

Guys

On your steam library, look for "Planet Coaster Alpha"

We cant download the main game "Planet Coaster"

If you cant find "Planet Coaster Alpha", do that

Click in "Library", then in "Recents", and if you bought the thrillseeker edition it must be there

YAY , LETS PLAY

I had the download say it was stopping. Restarted steam and now it says its paused, yet no option to continue the download. It has the play button but it is not fully installed so an error comes up. Anyone know how to fix it?
-Thanks

Edit: I went to manage downloads and it says update required, it wont stay in the queue. It keeps kicking it out back to saying its required.

Last edited:
i bought the Planet Coaster: Early Bird Alpha Edition, and got an email yesterday to redeem the code for "Party in the park". Now I have to games in the list at Steam: Planet Coaster Alpha and Planet Coaster. The last one will not give me the option to download. I have also tried to restart the computer... Still no download button :)

That's working as intended. The current build is still alpha 3. The other one ("Planet Coaster") will unlock in November.

i bought the Planet Coaster: Early Bird Alpha Edition, and got an email yesterday to redeem the code for "Party in the park". Now I have to games in the list at Steam: Planet Coaster Alpha and Planet Coaster. The last one will not give me the option to download. I have also tried to restart the computer... Still no download button :)

JonasM, no, you do not need to download the Alpha again

Party in the Park is for everyone to play, early birds and Thrillseekers

Last edited:
I had the download say it was stopping. Restarted steam and now it says its paused, yet no option to continue the download. It has the play button but it is not fully installed so an error comes up. Anyone know how to fix it?
-Thanks

Edit: I went to manage downloads and it says update required, it wont stay in the queue. It keeps kicking it out back to saying its required.

Got it to work had to go into manage downloads and turn off automatic updates. Then watch the screen to make sure it didn't pause and just keep clicking lol

Man I'm stupid. Somehow I believed it would be the beta or something... Haha. Thanks :)

So am I right in thinking that the code I got the other day (Alpha customer) is just in readiness for the main game release and that I can't/don't download anything else tonight?

The people downloading tonight are those downloading the same game we've had for the last few weeks/months?

So am I right in thinking that the code I got the other day (Alpha customer) is just in readiness for the main game release and that I can't/don't download anything else tonight?

The people downloading tonight are those downloading the same game we've had for the last few weeks/months?

That's correct [up]

This is crazy.....Why did FD send out steam codes for an event staring today when we did not need them, they could have waited until next week...why confuse us with the thrill seeker edition when its locked until November, just tell us to play the Alpha....weird.

This is crazy.....Why did FD send out steam codes for an event staring today when we did not need them, they could have waited until next week...why confuse us with the thrill seeker edition when its locked until November, just tell us to play the Alpha....weird.

The key is there to act as a qualifier for those who get to play for the weekend event. See Harbinger's post here: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/11897-Thrillseeker-key-on-top-early-bird-edition/page2?p=106027#post106027

I have both my early access and my thrilseeker key. HAd the latest one redeemen yesterday.
Ho do I access the weekend live in the park game?

I'll just requote this information that you may find useful:

I have the alpha already running here since June! I'm trying to get into the weekend event game but I can't find anything on how to join!

The thrillseeker edition is, as it should be, in Steam already registeren but not downloadable (only available in November!).

So again: How can you join in this weekend's event wich started almost two hours ago??

I have the alpha already running here since June! I'm trying to get into the weekend event game but I can't find anything on how to join!

The thrillseeker edition is, as it should be, in Steam already registeren but not downloadable (only available in November!).

So again: How can you join in this weekend's event wich started almost two hours ago??

If you already had access to the early bird alpha then you do not need additional access for the Party in Park event... you are already part of it! Look out for the live stream happening this week with Bo and Ed [happy]

Last edited:
Top Bottom