Planet Coaster is crashing every 5 minutes

Hi,

I can't play Planet Coaster without it crashing after 5 minutes of play ...
Anyone know where we can find the crash reports of the game? I can't find them anywhere.
On the other hand I enclose the DxDiag report if someone has an idea of the problem ...

I already checked this page : https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=364 But nothing worked.

All my pilots are up to date.

Thanks you ...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    94.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I'm no expert with these things.

But these are a few things I notice:

Your Windows 10 version is still a 2018 version. 190318-1202
While there is a newer one: November 2019 Update, version “1909".

You are also getting a ApphangB1 message:

You'll find info about that on above page, like said, I'm no expert, but this mostly comes down to not up to date drivers. (not Graphics, those look okay on your Dxdiag).

I'm no expert with these things.

But these are a few things I notice:

Your Windows 10 version is still a 2018 version. 190318-1202
While there is a newer one: November 2019 Update, version “1909".

You are also getting a ApphangB1 message:

You'll find info about that on above page, like said, I'm no expert, but this mostly comes down to not up to date drivers. (not Graphics, those look okay on your Dxdiag).
I tried to update Windows but it says that I'm already with the last version so I think dxdiag is wrong about it.
I also tried the recommendations about AppHangB1 and but nothing worked :(

Please can you reach out to our Support team here: https://support.frontier.co.uk

I don't know what you keep doing to the game, but since the last update a few day ago it's unplayable. it worked fine for me until last week.
I have 2 displays and PlanCo used to run on one of them at 4k resolution. I could move the mouse over to the other display without problems and quickly switchbetween tasks, now not even that works any more, it crashes, it lags, items go missing. If you keep making the game worse at least give us an option to opt out of the "Fixes".
Please revert it to its previous iteration. This is unbearable and i assume you do this while parts of the team work on the console code. I kinda knew this would happen to affect the PC version.. and no i'm not gonna use the broken Issue Tracker, it still doesn't work for me. It's impossible to do anything of a long term nature with PlanCo as you guys always fiddle around with the code, change LOD distances, "optimize" here and there.. but you don't even post any changelogs so we can't even prepare for or see what is being changed.
It's like a kick in the behind every single time, and i dread every update. And like it or not, bui you guys keep shooting yourselves in the foot, as you lose all credibility
in terms of user friendliness, support, customer relations and so on and soforth. It also gives the impression no one at Frontier really listens.
You do know you affect sales to the negative with this? You brag about how terrible RCT World is, yet you seem to head down the same route, simply by coming across as ignorant. (not you personally, but the whole business practice. The way it is, i will think twice if i want to nuisance myself with another Frontier game, if i can't trust in the development process. And i'm sure there are lots of other gamers who think just the same. You have a gem and yet you keep adding scratches to it.

EDIT: 5/22/2020: contextual clarification here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/no-longer-loading.544299/#post-8453351

Last edited:
PS: You write "Please contact support.frontier" .. the OP clearly stated he already did. @Luuknord's suggestion of contacting support via the email adress may be helpful,
but let's think logical for a second, are we your BETA testers? If support is so adamant on fixing things, is it too much to ask to look over the forums every now and then?

Secondly, BECAUSE you changed the LOD distance draw limits, i now have to use more polygons in every TMTK item, as otherwise it will only look terrible when the LOD iteration switches to the next. It was fine the way it was, except for no one at Frontier actually looking into the optimizations that would have actually helped, a better guide for
inexperienced modders or "TMTK builders" would have helped a LOT, also no one ever cared to fix the TMTK tool. Now it seems you rather adjust in the wrong places,
resulting in even more counterproductivity. Honestly, LOOK at other developers and how they handle mods, most of them at least act as if they cared.
THere are games that strive only because of the modding and if you look at the download statistics of TMTK items, you might get a hint in how many people actually use them.
In my case it's roughly over 100,000 downloads in total, some have even more downloaded items in the store. If i make an educated guess on the numbers, it's logical
these items DO KEEP THE COMMUNITY IN THE GAME. PlanCo's "life expectancy" is greatly increased, however the way it is, it's just a mess.
Instead, though, Frontier rather invests its ressources into a console port..
great, but is it so hard to devote a few ressources where it would actually make a difference for the existing players?
You scare away the playerbase, and i honestly can't fathom how no one at Frontier grasps the concept of user-long-term-relations?

Yeah it's a general rant, but most of us(though i can only speak for myself here) are really tired of the "GoTo support.frontier".
You have so much potential that just gets binned over and over, i don't get it, i really don't get it...

intelligently said! (y) (y) (y) and everything is true . I also lost the taste of playing , like so many players! It’s a great , great big mess , for this game that had so many possibilities. Instead of improving it, they preferred to focus on another segment of users: children and adolescents . An only financial strategy ! what a pity!........you're losing your customers!😡

Last edited:
Me too, Planco crashes all the time, I've done everything from resting Windows to drivers to reinstalling everything..I've read every crash post.....and my computer is only a year old...i79700k,1660ti,16g

I have just downloaded the game and i cant get more then 5 mins into it before it crashes

my PC is brand new with these specs

Windows 10 Home

I9-10900k

RAM 32GB

nvidia RTX 3080

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix it?

I have just downloaded the game and i cant get more then 5 mins into it before it crashes

my PC is brand new with these specs

Windows 10 Home

I9-10900k

RAM 32GB

nvidia RTX 3080

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix it?
Is your CPU overclocked while playing? That usually causes frequent crashes due to the nature of the game.

Top Bottom