Planet Coaster is now available for Pre-Order on Steam!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
It’s official: Planet Coaster is now available for pre-order on Steam! The game’s release date is November 17, 2016 – you can pre-order it here.

You can buy either of the following products:

• Planet Coaster: £26.99/€34.19/$40.49
  • Planet Coaster Thrillseeker Edition: £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack and access to the Planet Coaster beta.

As of today, Alpha 3 is closed to new players and can only be accessed by those who’ve already bought or played the game before today. Anyone who has already purchased a pre-order of Planet Coaster will also be given ALL the extras from the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster.

If you are currently playing Alpha 3, please keep sending us your feedback as well as sharing your creations on Steam Workshop.

[video=youtube;KOFevO3Yjtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFevO3Yjtk [/video]

Well, today's the day that Alpha 3 (and above) have closed to new players, although it had to be done eventually, but that video looks pretty awesome.

It’s official: Planet Coaster is now available for pre-order on Steam! The game’s release date is November 17, 2016 – you can pre-order it here.

You can buy either of the following products:

• Planet Coaster: £26.99/€34.19/$40.49
  • Planet Coaster Thrillseeker Edition: £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack and access to the Planet Coaster beta.

As of today, Alpha 3 is closed to new players and can only be accessed by those who’ve already bought or played the game before today. Anyone who has already purchased a pre-order of Planet Coaster will also be given ALL the extras from the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster.

If you are currently playing Alpha 3, please keep sending us your feedback as well as sharing your creations on Steam Workshop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFevO3Yjtk

The Early Bird players not have the version Thrillseeker Edition?

I am a hour to late, just deposited money on my paypal account... any chance to buy the alpha right yet? ... PLEASE .... had some issues yesterday with paypal and would like to buy it... In case of.. PN please!

I am a hour to late, just deposited money on my paypal account... any chance to buy the alpha right yet? ... PLEASE .... had some issues yesterday with paypal and would like to buy it... In case of.. PN please!

That is soooooooooo awful, it looks as though alpha is closed. Only thing I can suggest is contact frontier and that's a long shot, but Please remember the release dateis NOT that far away, You will love this game, and the Community are Brilliant

That is soooooooooo awful, it looks as though alpha is closed. Only thing I can suggest is contact frontier and that's a long shot, but Please remember the release dateis NOT that far away, You will love this game, and the Community are Brilliant

I was already in the Shop, THAT is the awful point, tried to buy and it brought me to the main page with "Preorder now". :( :( :(

Please Frontier! Help!

Anyone who has already purchased a pre-order of Planet Coaster will also be given ALL the extras from the Thrillseeker Edition including Beta access, as a thank you for your continued support and feedback during the development of Planet Coaster.

You say anyone, so we as until now purchased a pre-order of the "Standard Editon" of Planet Coaster in Frontier Shop is included too? It is right?

All preoders for all versions before the switchover to steam has been given the thrillseeker edition for free so yes standard preorders as well :)

"Planet Coaster Thrillseeker Edition: £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack "

For those of us who have supported the game since day 1 when will we receive the above?
I couldn't see mine in game.

"Planet Coaster Thrillseeker Edition: £29.99/€37.99/$44.99 – this version includes an in-game Golden Hat for your avatar, a Gold King Coaster mascot, a digital sketchbook, the Planet Coaster Official Soundtrack "

For those of us who have supported the game since day 1 when will we receive the above?
I couldn't see mine in game.
Presumably when the game releases.

Do people that pre-ordered the basic edition before the thrillseeker edition was announced get it as a free upgrade?

3 tweets in 4 hours on their official Twitter asking people to pre-order on Steam. Still 3 months til launch - we get the picture it's available [wink]

Last edited:
Does the Thrillseeker Edition contain the ``game`` too or do i have to buy that as well since i bought it and cant realy find a way to start it, seems like its only a dlc and not the game, will i be able to play the alpha 3?glad for answers =) [yesnod]

(I bought it on steam and there is no Install/Play button at all)

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we will receive our Steam codes if we preordered on the Frontier store during the alpha period?

Does anyone know when we will receive our Steam codes if we preordered on the Frontier store during the alpha period?

I would imagine you will receive your code just a few days prior to beta, since all pre-orders from before the 25th of August get the Tnrillseeker edition (and beta) by default. The exact date of the beta release has not been confirmed as of yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom