Planet Coaster is now available for Pre-Order on Steam!

planet coaster shows the recommended hardware now, an i7 is suggested, this should have been put out much sooner for people upgrading.

You are currently hammered on Steam for false advertising, since in the Store page (the proper place to give the information to customers) you do not state clearly when the Beta is coming.

I know that you made a news thread for this, but this is something that the customers see AFTER they pre-order, thinking that they have access.

Adjust the product page fast, you are losing goodwill by the bucketload due to this.

Does the Thrillseeker Edition contain the ``game`` too or do i have to buy that as well since i bought it and cant realy find a way to start it, seems like its only a dlc and not the game, will i be able to play the alpha 3?glad for answers =) [yesnod]

(I bought it on steam and there is no Install/Play button at all)

The Thrillseeker Edition contains the game, extras, and includes access to the Beta when it is released... hopefully around November 2016. It does not contain access to Alpha 3 I'm afraid, it is no longer possible to join the Alpha stage.

Last edited:
The Thrillseeker Edition contains the game, extras, and includes access to the Beta when it is released... hopefully around November 2016. It does not contain access to Alpha 3 I'm afraid, it is no longer possible to join the Alpha stage.

The beta comes out the same month as the full release? That seems odd.

Regarding those extras, will the soundtrack be MP3 only or is it available in a lossless format like FLAC? That's important for my decision for which version I want to buy [happy]

Regarding those extras, will the soundtrack be MP3 only or is it available in a lossless format like FLAC? That's important for my decision for which version I want to buy [happy]

Most likely MP3 as it is the most iconic file type for sounds and music.

If I buy Planet Coaster: Thrillseeker Edition on Steam now, when do I get access to the BETA?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Scratch that! I think it's early November.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
If I buy Planet Coaster: Thrillseeker Edition on Steam now, when do I get access to the BETA?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Scratch that! I think it's early November.

That's right; Planet Coaster beta will be early November 2016. The final release date of Planet Coaster will be November 17, 2016.

That's right; Planet Coaster beta will be early November 2016. The final release date of Planet Coaster will be November 17, 2016.

I clearly don't see the point of having the beta one or two week before the release... What a weird idea.

I clearly don't see the point of having the beta one or two week before the release... What a weird idea.

Two weeks does seem a short period, considering Alpha1>2 was 2 mths......Alpha 2>3 was a 3mth time difference, I think a early/mid Oct beta release would be better served.........only because I want to play it sooner rather than later [big grin]

Two weeks does seem a short period, considering Alpha1>2 was 2 mths......Alpha 2>3 was a 3mth time difference, I think a early/mid Oct beta release would be better served.........only because I want to play it sooner rather than later [big grin]

Because between Alphas new features/code were being added, beta I guess will just be to test for any (mostly minor) bugs before the game officially releases. Of course these can still be updated post-release. They've got 6 or so more weeks to get everything added, seems they're going to need that [cool]

Last edited:
So, if I understand correctly, since I bought the Alpha/EB, I will have access to the Beta, and then the full release with all the extras that they're talking about, and I don't have to buy anything else? I just want to be clear on this.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
So, if I understand correctly, since I bought the Alpha/EB, I will have access to the Beta, and then the full release with all the extras that they're talking about, and I don't have to buy anything else? I just want to be clear on this.
Yes, that is correct. [happy]

Since this is a bit complicated to understand (with all these "Editions"), I did this :

O88RCjQ.png

I hope it'll help.

Last edited:
Hi Angelis.

Thank you for this nice overview but I think it isn't 100% accurate yet. All orders before the 25th of August (thus in the Frontier Store, not on Steam) were upgraded to the Thrillseeker edition. This includes the original standard pre-order (absent from the overview) as well as the Coaster Head Club Edition. So beta access and the other perks (gold mascot, gold avatar hat, sketchbook, soundtrack) are in these editions as well.

https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=341

PS: the gold avatar hat is also included in the current pre-order edition

Last edited:
Top Bottom