Planet Coaster - Winter Update - Update notes

"Planet Coaster sign 14 now has colour option"

Which sign? I went through all the planet coaster signs in both scenery and building, and there is no options to change the colours?

My thoughts about Planet Coaster.

I need to buy a new computer to get this game! Just seriously...Wow. Planet Coaster is perhaps the greatest game of 2016. The game allows players more design freedom and creativity than any other simulation game I have ever seen regardless of genre. The in game tools are perhaps the easiest design tools I have ever seen in sim game that allow unprecedented levels of design freedom. Frontier really has exceeded all expectations, you guys are legendary. I feel that this is the game that will set the standard for all future design simulation games. And from what I have seen, the bar has been set quite high.

Simply amazing. The Frontier team has demonstrated how a development team should work. Perhaps more game developers can learn from what you guys have accomplished. I cannot thank you guys enough. Oh and thank you for the free update. This just goes to show that the developers are not simply interested in making a quick buck, but rather a commitment to their passion for the game and commitment to the Planet Coaster gaming community.

Now all I need to do is spend $1200 for that new computer.

Last edited:
Thank you guys! Hope you can get the challenge parks content problem fixed [up]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the little treats and goodies scenery! I'm obsessed with cute food levels in games. I especially love mario levels that are all about cookies and candy so seeing all these delicious little treats just lit me up like a christmas tree! I totally geeked out over it [heart][heart][heart]

Last edited:
  • Audio
    • Custom user music is louder on coasters.
    • Triggered soundeffects and park speakers need to be pointed for maximum effect as they are loudest from the front. This helps with sound-effects on indoor rides being less audible through walls.
    • Triggered soundeffects will be louder depending on how loud the game is, in practice this should helps when using them on coasters.

[woah][shocked]
Phew I'm glad i put off the speaker placement (in that ride i've been working on for the past couple weeks)
until after i'm done with most of the Scenic design and such. [rolleyes][squeeeeee]
Wouldn't be fun having to reorganize like 200+ speakers indiviually [where is it]

[woah][shocked]
Phew I'm glad i put off the speaker placement (in that ride i've been working on for the past couple weeks)
until after i'm done with most of the Scenic design and such. [rolleyes][squeeeeee]
Wouldn't be fun having to reorganize like 200+ speakers indiviually [where is it]

You are like one of the early settlers that rode west, pushing the great frontier. You are... SO brave.

And after you twist your ankle on a rock and get eaten by a bison, future generations will remember your legacy by avoiding the mistakes you made!

[wacky]

Now all I need to do is spend $1200 for that new computer.

If you only wan't to play games on that computer, don't you think 1200 is overkill ?

I always have a laugh at people who buy so much expensive stuff only to see that in a year its old :) ofc if you got the money go for it.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ me, I just increased all my user custom music tracks by 12 Db with audicity before this patch, LMAO [haha]

Well I guess I can always lower the volume at least if need be.

Still don't see the ride reputation 'aging' thing on my rides by the way, maybe it's also a Challenge park problem, like the scenery and rides showing up?

Good thing, I still have plenty of the original content I haven't build in my Challenge park so I it's not like I won't have anything to work with untill they fix old saves Challenge parks.

Last edited:
you mean ice? (on lakes)... i hoped this too. but it isn't ... NO Ice-Lakes [shocked]

(sory for my bad english)... greats form Germany

Thank you for a huge winter update [up] I really appreciate and enjoy the new update so much [happy] but in the next update, I wish to see these things :

SLC Vekoma
Suspended Coaster
Shuttle Boomerang
(These kinds are basic things we must have in a park)
Additional
Inverted Impulse or s'th like Dejavu (backward inverted coaster)
Station Sync should be added so that multiple trains from multiple stations can go at the same time

Weather System should really be added into games:
Avalanche (in case of on the snow mountain)
Snow falling (when in very low temp) this is a must-to-have list :))
Raining (in rainy season) so that guests must have umbrellas and seek a shelter
Heat Wave (in western theme/ dessert)
Strong winds (in alphines theme)
Foggy (optional)
And weather systems can be selected at any time we want not just in each scenery/sandbox (temperature degree should be showed in the screen as well)

Also, we can select any terrain painting in any scenery/sandbox mode

Sandbox Mode Editor: sometimes players prefer to create their own parks with their imagination so if you add this into games would be really nice.

More guest screaming sounds : not every ride has the same guest screaming sound

Security guard and vandalism (would be nice if you add)

Price select : when clicking the price should be able to just one click to increase/lower the prices quickly not just click many times like this

Water color: If possible, we can change the colors of water.

More trees and flowers ...

sorry for my bad Eng, anyway.

hope you consider my ideas thank you [happy][happy][happy]

Last edited:
you mean ice? (on lakes)... i hoped this too. but it isn't ... NO Ice-Lakes [shocked]

(sory for my bad english)... greats form Germany

Yeah, like I said in another thread rather than ice being a texture if we was possibly able to have it like the water system where it fills an area that you have dug out and then add thins such as ice wall objects, ice boulders, icicles, ice shelves etc

Yeah, like I said in another thread rather than ice being a texture if we was possibly able to have it like the water system where it fills an area that you have dug out and then add thins such as ice wall objects, ice boulders, icicles, ice shelves etc
+1 !!! [up]

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Ice as a water option would be great.

Possibility at some point to create an Ice rink for peeps would be a fun adition.

Last edited:
Thank you for the hard work and the notes that have gone with this. It was great to read through the details of whats changed and has really added a little bit on just what has been done to the game to make it look and sound amazing. The detail there with the sounds is probably my favorite part of this game as an overall.

It works so well well and it's amazing that you have pretty much every form of music support now in game including FLAC.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Actually sun glasses are a good idea. On a sunny day the glare is a nightmare (not here in UK) but when I have been to Canada mountain biking/snow boarding lol. But yeah big winter jackets and similar would be great in the future.

I was stationed in Alaska with the US Army for 15 months and during the winter snow goggles were a necessity to prevent snow blindness and since this is an Arctic biome sunglasses make sense.

Thank you for the great update.
As many say, some ICE option would have been nice but the new Gingerbread Theme is fantastic. Maybe the January Update will have an ice theme?
Thank you again Frontier for making this game so great!

Top Bottom