Planet Coaster's Future? Planet Zoo!

Well, maybe I should say something like spinning ufo ride or flying saucer ride, lol, and I guess Planet Coaster was never meant to be a direct upgrade of RCT3. It is a different game, and separate from the RCT series which Atari now owns, it may have some rides that were in RCT3, but it also has rides that weren't officially in RCT3. The game was probably never coded to allow water park attractions and peeps swimming.

However, I know some of us (not really myself) still prefer roller coasters over wild animals and will want to see Planet Coaster's barrage of - not necessarily just new content (like scenery and rides) - but new systems, new gameplay mechanics, an improved engine, better graphics even. In short, we still want to see Planet Coaster grow bigger and better for a long long time.

So what does everyone else think? :cool:

That statement according to troll metrics is very trollish.

Note Mr Crowther said Planet Coaster is an important game to us. This is not the same as "we're adding more content". Does not exclude content, but mind the difference.

Its like when parents have more than one child and then get asked which one is there favourite.

Planet Coaster is wonderful creative sandbox experience, but it a pretty bland management game. With JWE you can see where the improvement with the campaign and presentation but was let down with it being a licensed multi-format game.

If Planet Zoo is a blend of both, then that will suit me down to the ground with more management functions. Planet Coaster needs a complete overall and that's better served by a sequel in a few years time. Frontier is going for the Paradox/Total War approach now with several similar games with different settings, rather than expansion packs .

We see the animals interact with terrain-built ponds in the trailer. So water is obviously no longer just a plane with a pretty shader here, coding has been added to properly interact with the surface. So who knows, wink wink!:cool:

Just kidding. Of course I'm pretty confident the water DLC is not coming to Planet Coaster 1, but it is funny that the Planet Zoo team probably had their water physics running all this time while the community managers on the other team (if you can call it that for a game that is end of life/ "maintanence mode") desperately kept repeating that no such thing is ever coming.

Do these threads show up on the Elite forum when Planet Coaster/JWE and now Planet Zoo get announced? We certainly had one here when JWE was. Frontier is growing as a business and wants to develop multiple games, not just 1 or 2. Oh yeah and Sam D has still to work through his big list from the alpha days to get all those rides added so that will keep him busy for a while ;)

Do these threads show up on the Elite forum when Planet Coaster/JWE and now Planet Zoo get announced? We certainly had one here when JWE was. Frontier is growing as a business and wants to develop multiple games, not just 1 or 2. Oh yeah and Sam D has still to work through his big list from the alpha days to get all those rides added so that will keep him busy for a while ;)
I think the difference here is that PZ is in the "Planet" series and looks and feels like PC. The other games are really different as far as the look and feel of the games. If Zoo was made to look like say JPW or even a whole new look all together, this would not be happening. It would just be a Zoo sim/management game.

Is Frontier ready to let Planco die?
I'm thinking about this since they announced the Thememakers Toolkit...
They are just milking the cow, now. I think we'll see a few more ride DLCs and thats it. No bigger add ons and no improvements to the gameplay at all.

It's really sad to see that all ideas to make the game even better will never become true in Planco (maybe in a Planco 2, but for this they have to think about "water" first).

Well Frontier didn't really say they are giving up on Planet Coaster just yet. I think Planet Coaster still has some life in it yet. Planet Zoo was in the making for 2 years while they were still adding new content to Planet Coaster.

Is Frontier ready to let Planco die?
I'm thinking about this since they announced the Thememakers Toolkit...
They are just milking the cow, now. I think we'll see a few more ride DLCs and thats it. No bigger add ons and no improvements to the gameplay at all.

It's really sad to see that all ideas to make the game even better will never become true in Planco (maybe in a Planco 2, but for this they have to think about "water" first).
The thing i'm most disappointed about is that there is still no mod support after all this time. At least give us that. 3 years of a sandbox game that is supposed to give you freedom but instead is very limited in lots of ways and no way around to fixing it.

My guesses are that they will stop development on Planco at the end of the year, focus on Planet Zoo DLC every 3 months (like it said in the leaked roadmap) then we'll probably see a Planco 2 popup within the next few years.

I think I'd rather Frontier make a Planco 2 instead of carrying on with Planco 1. There are just too many issues with Planco 1 that they cannot fix (poor management system, pathing issues, UI lag, coaster smoothing, limits with the rides they can create etc) I can only see more ride packs for the rest of this games life-cycle, which I am totally fine with and will continue to buy :)

I feel the same way I would be totally fine with just getting all rides DLC. Planet Coaster needs more flat rides. I hope Frontier does a kiddie rides DLC next.

We need though at least 3 or 4 more ride packs to have most rides older and newer. They could do more tower variations, extreme rides like sky swing, slingshot, and the ride with the tall arm with seats at each end that spins, RCT3 has it, and more spinning rides like Wipeout, Trabant, Chaos, etc. Maybe a Thunder Bobs type ride like the RCT3 one but better graphics of course.

Meanwhile Elite: Dangerous, which is a few years older than Planet Coaster, and is also a game by Frontier, is still getting updates...

Who says Frontier won't do the same with Planet Coaster? ;)
Your right Joel I feel that Frontier will still be giving us updates to Planet Coaster I don't see that changing anytime soon. Planet Coaster is still popular and has a huge following.

If true, I welcome Project Einstein/Planco2 if it will take full advantage of multi-cores for smooth performance in very large parks. Let's face it, as soon as these games come out the die hard fans try to max them. A performance-first mindset to the next version of this game would be smart.

I just don't look forward to rebuilding my mega park again (but would be a good problem to have.)

I guess (!!!) we will see more updates on Planet Coaster. I personally hope for more ride packs and scenery packs. Yes, I know we have the Toolkit but as posted on several threads it doesn't replace scenery packs from Frontier at all in my opinion. I love the art style of Frontier's packs and that they fit together very well. There are a lot of wonderful Toolkit items in the workshop but I always considered them to support certain themes, not to replace Frontier scenery packs.

I would also like to see new rides in a generic version and one or two scenery versions. Yes, we can theme generic versions as we want them to look like but we don't have the possibilities like Frontier has. There are so many ride skins in the workshop which are so unrealistic and were beams would collide with scenery etc.. I love themed perls like the Whirly Rig etc. So, I would be glad to also get some themed versions (in combination with generic versions) of the rides in future.

There are so many scenery topics Frontier could make (and would earn money with).

I am glad that we got some more rides in the last packs but I like to build and theme parks. And whenever I get more scenery items as in scenery packs the game binds me for hours to play. With the new rides I just build them, look at them but am not inspired to build a whole new park area or to sart a new park with different scenery. Scenery packs give me more inspiration and lets me start to get creative again. (Just my personal opinion).

If Planet Coaster 2 has everything from the start that Planet Coaster has and more. I welcome PC2! More as in better graphics, better running performance. Hopefully have all steam blueprints crossover. Paths that save with blueprints. An improved fireworks sequencer! I honestly forget it’s there and I used it all the time in RCT3. Better water features not necessarily for water parks. But more interactive. So we can have moving steams and connect body’s of water together at different levels with waterfalls. And maybe a land generator for us peeps that don’t have the patience to build from scratch and need inspiration other than a flat map! Suggestion for the zoo give us zoo animals aniamatronics! Nothing makes me happier than playing an hour or two of Planet Coaster! PC2 bring it on Frontier!

Top Bottom