Planet Zoo 2 or very long support for this beauty?

True, but I have read people saying its better than PlanetCoaster, so who knows. I rather give them the benefit of doubt since they seem to be listening here. PlanetCoaster has a different management and development team so yeah.

Every update includes minor optimisation upgrades but given that they have never addressed the limitations of Cobra my assumption is that there's only so much they can do. I imagine that at some point they will have to address it, because the more DLC they release and the more animals they add to the game, the bigger people are going to want to build their zoos.

Every update includes minor optimisation upgrades but given that they have never addressed the limitations of Cobra my assumption is that there's only so much they can do. I imagine that at some point they will have to address it, because the more DLC they release and the more animals they add to the game, the bigger people are going to want to build their zoos.
Yeah but like you said "there's only so much they can do" even if they eventually have to address the issues, they might not be able to do anything. I just hope there is something they can do about it, it wouldn't be fun having to be forced to build a small zoo when there eventually will be so many animals added.
Also, PC is years older than PZ why use an "old" engine on a new game without modifying the engine to some extend.
I just really hope they got a good plan.

Well I thought I heard frontier say this is a slightly modified engine compared to Planco. I’m almost positive it’s been tweaked.

Well I thought I heard frontier say this is a slightly modified engine compared to Planco. I’m almost positive it’s been tweaked.

As I said, it's "tweaked" with every update. At least that is what I assume "further crash and stability updates" means in every set of patch notes.

In any case, PlanCo was wildly popular. If they can continue to ride that popularity into the console version, then a PC sequel on a new engine is pretty likely. Assuming PlanZo also remains popular, a sequel for that wouldn't be out of the question a few years later either.

But look, this isn't a statement on the current quality of the game. It kind of bothers me that it needs to be repeated, but looking forward to a far-flung future sequel where many of the common greivances between PlanCo and PlanZo can be addressed, such as the weak engine, the pathing system, and so on, doesn't mean one isn't enjoying the game as it is currently. It's still the best zoo game we've ever had (except for Zoo Tycoon, the original one, with the 2D graphics ;)), but that doesn't mean we can't all fantasise about what else is possible down the line.

Had a nightmare last night (and yes, for me it is a night mare), that Planet Zoo will only be supported for one more year and then never more and no sequel no nothing. The nightmare was triggered by an actual real life live stream with DeLadySigner yesterday. She said the views with the Australian Pack are no were near the still good ones with the south america pack.

Just like me, she thinks this game has the potential to be easily successful for several years, if not ten. However, Frontier has to re-think their DLC model. We really need game changing elements right now, more advanced features and all in all bigger packs. I know a lot of people think it's outdated, but in my opinion, if EA does one thing right, then it is their DLC model - small packs and big packs alike. Now, Frontier would of course more worth for the buck in it and more quality.

I really hope the community managers can move all the feedback forwards and that the decision makers have an open ear to all the feedback. I still think the "wrong" numbers isn't a sign for no interest, but a sign that it's just time to re-think some things and to realize, that the Planet Coaster audience and the Planet Zoo Audience isn't 1:1 the same. And even a lot of Planco Players think the DLC model as it is right now isn't ideal for that game.

Had a nightmare last night (and yes, for me it is a night mare), that Planet Zoo will only be supported for one more year and then never more and no sequel no nothing. The nightmare was triggered by an actual real life live stream with DeLadySigner yesterday. She said the views with the Australian Pack are no were near the still good ones with the south america pack.

Just like me, she thinks this game has the potential to be easily successful for several years, if not ten. However, Frontier has to re-think their DLC model. We really need game changing elements right now, more advanced features and all in all bigger packs. I know a lot of people think it's outdated, but in my opinion, if EA does one thing right, then it is their DLC model - small packs and big packs alike. Now, Frontier would of course more worth for the buck in it and more quality.

I really hope the community managers can move all the feedback forwards and that the decision makers have an open ear to all the feedback. I still think the "wrong" numbers isn't a sign for no interest, but a sign that it's just time to re-think some things and to realize, that the Planet Coaster audience and the Planet Zoo Audience isn't 1:1 the same. And even a lot of Planco Players think the DLC model as it is right now isn't ideal for that game.
Sorry to hear you had a nightmare. Hopefully the bad feeling from it is gone.

Exactly what more advanced features were you thinking? Like a Marine pack, or the ability to for example resize objects?
While I wouldn't mind a bigger pack, I can't really say I hate the one we get now, perhaps that comes from my worries of ending up with too many objects/animals and a laggy gameplay.

I can't say for 100% but I think I saw one of the community manager said they read all the posts, they just don't always have time to respond.

I don't know for Australia DLC pack but I think Planet Zoo have nice sell numbers? Of course you shouldn't expect that simulation games, especially about zoos and animals, will have some crazy numbers cause unfortunatelly it is how it is, but overall I think they are happy with what they achieved with PZ.

As for fps problems and lag, I think every simulation will have that no matter what is your PC and what engine game support? I am not a gamer nor I play many games, but I think that every simulation with overcrowded elements will eventually lag?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Sorry to hear you had a nightmare. Hopefully the bad feeling from it is gone.

Exactly what more advanced features were you thinking? Like a Marine pack, or the ability to for example resize objects?
While I wouldn't mind a bigger pack, I can't really say I hate the one we get now, perhaps that comes from my worries of ending up with too many objects/animals and a laggy gameplay.

I can't say for 100% but I think I saw one of the community manager said they read all the posts, they just don't always have time to respond.
First: Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate.

As for advanced features: My first wish would be an animal behaviour overhaul, making animals more difficult to manage. I made a thread "Why animals aren't the stars of the game", where I voiced some ideas. I'm currently on my phone and can't link, but maybe you find it.

Next, maybe setting up educational shows could be a good idea. And yes, we need semi-aquatic animals and birds to just give a twist to habitats.

Maybe hotels and restaurants would also be a great idea to just build different types of zoos.

To my opinion Frontier is getting better and better with each DLC/update. For me it's a line straight up from the Arctic DLC to Australia. They listen to our wishes (eg: more recolourable items, different sizes), the models they use now are way better animated as the ones from base game. And for me it's a question of quality, not quantity. I'd rather have 4 very good researched and animated habitat animals than 10 bad ones.

And I, too, hope for years and years of support (or a sequel after .... say.... 5 more years of support ;) )

The next big feature needs to be making the animals the stars of the game. Adding personalities and uniqueness to the animals is my biggest want. I would also like for them to make it so we can have larger zoos without lagging so much. If they did those two things I would be ok with long term support for this game.

I'd be all in for extended support (maybe another 2-3 years after 2020). Longer support would be great, but let's be reasonable.

At that point, I'd be clamoring for a sequel. And I already have ideas for some creative improvements that could be made to really add to the gameplay experience (including a "habitat/exhibit" creator mode that allows users to develop an exhibit or habitat for smaller critters with a special zoomed in setting to really work in the details, place movement nodes and the like).

Personally, I would like continuous updates and upgrades made to this game as long as it can - even if it goes beyond 5 years. In fact, I'd rather pay full price ($50+) for a solid feature-rich expansion pack than a full price PZ2 base game. New players can be encouraged by bargain bin prices on the base game.

The next big feature needs to be making the animals the stars of the game. Adding personalities and uniqueness to the animals is my biggest want.

I really hope not.. We just got a free update dedicated to variety/variation for animals.
I really hope for more QOL features than another update for uniqueness. They really need to balance their updates to please other players as well, who care less about the diversity/uniqueness of the animals. For those who cared less, the free update wasn't that special - I do want to point out that I appreciate Frontier's effort/time and happy for those who really loved the update !

She said the views with the Australian Pack are no were near the still good ones with the south america pack.
That's because a lot of people didn't care about the building pieces in the Australia pack. I thought the Arctic and SA were a lot better, even though I don't use the Arctic pieces that much. The Australian pack was mostly bought for the animals (which are really good).

That's because a lot of people didn't care about the building pieces in the Australia pack. I thought the Arctic and SA were a lot better, even though I don't use the Arctic pieces that much. The Australian pack was mostly bought for the animals (which are really good).

That really isn't the impression I'm getting from the Australia Pack. People in general seem pretty impressed by both the animals and building pieces this time around.

To be honest I'd say in DeLady's case her dropping views are more to do with her similar builds. She tends to do the same sort of thing in every zoo she creates. I stopped watching her for much the same reason - it gets pretty boring and formulaic. You know what to expect.

I’d have to say the Australia pack building sets are very impressive. I can use them with literally any animal and it fits great. I do use the Arctic pieces also especially for animal shelters. I really don’t use the SA pack to often except when I want a heavily themed exhibit. I like the pieces don’t get me wrong but they really only mesh with South American or jungle animals imo.

I’d have to say the Australia pack building sets are very impressive. I can use them with literally any animal and it fits great. I do use the Arctic pieces also especially for animal shelters. I really don’t use the SA pack to often except when I want a heavily themed exhibit. I like the pieces don’t get me wrong but they really only mesh with South American or jungle animals imo.

I'll use the bamboo pieces for all sorts of things but the temple pieces really are pretty niche. I use the Arctic wood quite often for 'old' wooden buildings - it works pretty well alongside some of the Australian pieces, too.

That really isn't the impression I'm getting from the Australia Pack. People in general seem pretty impressed by both the animals and building pieces this time around
I got the opposite when it came to building pieces - I've heard a lot of people not having that much fun compared to the Arctic/SA one. A lot liked the scenery items.
Oh well.... they basically all agreed on the animals - they are good.

However, Frontier has to re-think their DLC model. We really need game changing elements right now, more advanced features and all in all bigger packs. I know a lot of people think it's outdated, but in my opinion, if EA does one thing right, then it is their DLC model - small packs and big packs alike
Most times they put the extra features in the bigger packs, which Frontier just hands out for free. It would mean the paid DLC would have more value :p

Most times they put the extra features in the bigger packs, which Frontier just hands out for free. It would mean the paid DLC would have more value :p

I think a mixture of both would be good. To have a long game support, the game needs to make money. As much as I love the huge free updates, I am also more than willing to pay for additional in-depth game play. I'm a strong believer of paying people good money when they do good work.

I am with NZFanatic and paul on this one. Animals are amazing but the building pieces are also spot on. The themed decoration pieces (yellow sings, aboriginal rocks/sings, etc.) are of great quality and very inmersive. But what I like the most are the building sets and some of those wooden and trunk pieces that are very generic and versatile so you can use them with other animals/themes.

Honestly imo, I think a sequel is unnecessary for a long time. They can definitely flesh this game out some more and provide long term support for it with free updates and paid DLC, like they're doing rn.

I think rather than a sequel, they should create a Planet 'Aquarium'. There's a lot of demand for a Marine expansion for this game, but also a lot of people against the idea, but doing a separate game that focuses on this portion of life would be a great compromise.

Though looking at Zoo Tycoon,(yes, I know we're in a different age and it's different companies) the sequel released 3 years after the original game, so we could potentially see something similar if Frontier wants to go that route. Again though, imo, I don't think they should abandon PZ after such a short time and announce a sequel. Plus, with the trend nowadays with most games providing longer term support for a single title,(Think Overwatch, Destiny, Fortnite, Apex Legends, etc...) I think a sequel isn't in the cards for at least a few years or so.

Top Bottom