❄ Planet Zoo: Arctic Pack coming 17 December ❄

Re: The Norse settlement of North America, the issue wasn't so much a lack of resources or a harsh environment, but a lack of communication, difficulty in resupplying the colony (the journey, even for the seafaring Norse (aside: Viking was a specific term for a specific job, not an ethnic descriptor) was extremely difficult). The settlements didn't last probably due to a low birthrate and a lack of fresh settlers, and probably partly due to the presence of "Skraelings" which is what the Norse called the natives. Supposedly relations weren't great.

Anyway, on-topic with the DLC: I'm pleasantly surprised with the price. Won't be able to purchase it until this afternoon as I don't get paid until mid-morning, but usually when something costs around 10USD it's nearly twice that much in NZD. I'm glad it's only twelve dollars for me, much easier to justify this close to Christmas.

yeah, the galore of polar bears and dall sheep living in Norway :sick:

Now, I am not sure on the Dall sheep, but as far as the Polar bears are involved, remember that mainland Norway might not have them, but Svalbard (which is also Norway) are quite rife with them. So quite a lot of Polar bears live in Norway actually (though not in the part of Norway people generally mean).

Now, I am not sure on the Dall sheep, but as far as the Polar bears are involved, remember that mainland Norway might not have them, but Svalbard (which is also Norway) are quite rife with them. So quite a lot of Polar bears live in Norway actually (though not in the part of Norway people generally mean).

The Dall sheep is a North American animal, completely, but you're right about the polar bear. They live around the entire Arctic circle, so North America, Europe, and Russia, and are very prevalent on Svalbard.

Which makes for another nice thing. I was unaware of the Dall's sheep before buying this game. I now know of their existance and where they may be found. Win win!

It is just an animal I knew nothing about, but wanted to point out that the fellow I quoted might have missed one really large bit of Norway.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your feedback! I do understand your feelings and your decision - as long as you are enjoying the game for yourself, that's what matters most!

There's two things I would like to rectify, as they did in fact happen:
1. "It would have been better if we had said something.... etc."
The team have, since announcement, been incredibly active and open about the game's development as well as the state of the game. Since Beta and launch, we have been helping players in threads (whether support or suggestions or Issue Tracker) and we have stated over and over again that we are working on fixes, improvements, and more updates are coming. There's really nothing more we can do in that regard, as fixes and improvements take time and team power to implement, get tested, and roll out. It's not something simple that just happens overnight, and we have constantly been open about that and asked for your patience. If you scroll through many forum threads or social posts you will find plenty of examples of us doing so.
Also, while of course we sympathise that players have experienced issues (hence the continuous updates), there have also been many players who have not experienced anything - for them the game works and they are perhaps/probably not as vocal on here - after all, the forums, Steam, and social media are often use to contact developers when you're experiencing issues. However I don't want to detract from the team's incredible hard work and ignore that this part of the playerbase exists too. So we do what we can for the ones experiencing problems, whilst also making sure everyone else can continue to have fun. I hope this makes sense :)

2. We've always been careful not to over-promise any features. I think there's a difference between expectations here: because a lot of us are excited about Planet Zoo, expectations were high - it also means that sometimes when we tried to hone in the conversation and explain why certain things aren't in the game or aren't possible, it'll fall on deaf ears :) speculation is something that is great for everyone to partake in, but sometimes people read forums or threads and take the speculation for truth - creating false expectations of features or announcements that we cannot always rectify (simply because we can't be on all communication platforms at all times); this in turn could lead to disappointment, which would then be understandable, right? Of course! So we've always stated to only follow the official accounts, or the words of the Community Team, or other developer interviews. That way you will have the most accurate picture ahead of a game launch :)

Either way, I really appreciate your feedback and I do hope the free update will tackle some issues you've been experiencing! I can guarantee that the team have worked very hard to make those improvements, and I hope you can continue to enjoy your game and your animals. Please do continue talking to us and giving us feedback - it's very helpful.

Thanks for your response, Bo.

I understand that perspective and that the devs are working very hard. I never have anything to say against the work they do - I just wish the fixes rolled out when they're absolutely ready and I have been disappointed to see each patch cause unforeseen problems. That's why I would have preferred that, I dunno, the producer got on here and took to reddit to hold their hands up and say: sorry everyone!

I won't bat things back and forth in this thread as we've covered everything I think. I will just say that after the recent patch, I did get to play the game without a bug/issue popping up mid-game. So that was good. My experience so far has made me feel like I shouldn't really invest in any of the maps I'm playing on as something will go wrong, so before I actually start to enjoy the game/ consider what other content is on offer, I hope this feeling can change.

The polar bears on Svalbard can talk too ! 😁
I’ve seen polar bears when I went to the Svalbard islands. It was -20 in the middle of the polar night but can I just say that it has been the best experience of my life? Never have I ever felt so connect to nature and even something more as I felt there, surrounded by silence, pitch black days and stars.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom