Planet Zoo: Arid Animal Pack Releasing 20 June 🐪

Upcoming financal repot will dampen your hopes.
Just saying.
And you know that from what? Clearly there will be a decrease in sales compared to Last year. That is totally normal for games after a few years. This must not mean that the game is not further a financially plus at the end. And I also could Imagine only animal packs for 2024 without big scenery and only small Updates which surely would save human and financial ressources. We will see it. But I already posted into another thread. If financially still succesful enough I Hope that Frontier wants to celebrate the 5th anniversary with us. Half a decade surely would be a Milestone for a Game.

I love the small cat and the porcupine. The rest is meh (but others seems to like it, so 👍 for them)

The only thing I cannot understand is: No BIRD yet again. Burrowing owl or secretary or ANY freaking bird really.

The game is MEGA unbalanced without birds and with SO so many African animals. I really try to build my zoo's with equal love for each of the continents, but it's practically impossible.

The thread's getting a bit tense.
And I'll admit I'm in the disappointed crowd especially since I manage the bird wishlist, but time for some positivity!
The porcupine looks BREATH-TAKING. I think it may have dethroned the armadillo as the most intricate animal in-game! Dromedary is also jaw-dropping!

I am SO excited for this pack! This is looking like one of my favourite packs so far.
I love hoofstock, so this pack is really exciting to me. (I could happily build a zoo filled with nothing but hooves.)
I've also been hoping for a porcupine, and sand cats are the cutest things ever, so that's amazing too.
Finally... A NEW SNAKE! Yeah, I am so happy that normal exhibits are getting some attention again! I still think the game needs some more colourful snakes, but this is another edition for my reptile houses, so thank you Frontier!
I guess the animal I'm least excited about is the rhino - I don't use rhinos all that often, so don't really feel like I need a third species - but I get that they're a zoo staple, so not surprised or unhappy to see it included.
Roll on the 20th !! 🍾

I must say I'm gladly surprised by the Dama gazelle! Iwant to see their pictures and I'm really curious about which subspecies has been chosen, as the nominate Dama is very rare in zoos, and the other two are more common (just in zoos...) but they aren't really know as Dama gazalle, but as Addra or Mhorr gazelles... I hope it's not just the species as a whole, as its subspecies have very different coats each other.

A good point about getting the black rhino and the dromedary is that we have another two species whose scenery pieces were included since the base game, finally! Which other items are still lacking its animal in the roster? The cobras from the Indian set statues, the tamandua from the South American bench...? And some jungle birds and coastal gulls?

It's true this is really a African ungulates pack in disguise, but I also think we have still room for even more of them! Gerenuk and forest buffalo are my most wanted but we all could think of another 4-5 more.

The strange things is that this "African" pack was really a great opportunity for getting a baboon or secretary bird... As some people has pointed, maybe they were left out because they would have been too much new rigs for the dev team, so it was better to throw a lot of easier ungulates.
Also, I find weird calling it just "Arid pack" (except for the rhino, they could have called it "Sahara pack"), being a 100% arid Africa pack and lacking any of the other greatly requested animals from the same biomes but different continents, like the blackbuck or the yellow-footed rock wallaby (and they wouldn't really need new models). I'll be optimistic and join the people suspecting that we will have them in future packs, so this is great news about the future of the game.
But what about animals like leopard tortoise or Barbary sheep? They are very similar to species already in the game, and also they are iconic from arid Africa... But very specially, what about Egyptian cobra, Moorish wall gecko, common or veiled chameleon, Greek or other Testudo tortoise...? All of them would have been better options for the exhibit instead of another viper. I don't really have complains about the chosen species, as it is a staple in desert reptile houses, it's just that the lack of chameleons, geckos and cobras is a sore point of the exhibit system at this life stage of the game.

All in all, I'm really happy about the animal roster of this DLC, there is not a single species that should be left out, and all the models we have seen so far look wonderful! But it raises questions about the choices of its naming and which the species were left out.

Congratulations frontier on another big update and pack release. It will be a sad day when support ends someday. But until then we’ll definitely keep buying dlc and supporting the game. I’m pretty happy with all the animals in this pack. A baboon and roadrunner would have made great additions as well but still great choices all the way around. I like the fact the sand cat adds another small cat species. I also love the addition of the black rhino no secret there. It’s hard to imagine a zoo sim as in depth of planet zoo not featuring both African rhinos. Them along with the dromedary and porcupine were some of the more truly essential zoo animals missing from the game imo. Can’t wait to buy this pack although I must admit I haven’t played in quite awhile due to time constraints and being busy in general. I will definitely have to get back into it again very soon. There’s always a learning curve after not playing awhile but I’m looking forward to getting readjusted again. Thanks frontier!👍

Oh dear. I mean I never expected a bird, so that's fine, but the addax and a gazelle? Don't get me wrong, I love hoofstock, but where the heck is my baboon? Why does Frontier hate monkeys so much?

Hyped for the porcupine and addax, wanted both animals for a long time, and I'm not at all surprised by the camel and rhinoceros (I've been saying for ages that the camel would come in a DLC rather than a free update like everyone thought), but the rest of the pack doesn't really thrill me unfortunately.

Oh dear. I mean I never expected a bird, so that's fine, but the addax and a gazelle? Don't get me wrong, I love hoofstock, but where the heck is my baboon? Why does Frontier hate monkeys so much?

Hyped for the porcupine and addax, wanted both animals for a long time, and I'm not at all surprised by the camel and rhinoceros (I've been saying for ages that the camel would come in a DLC rather than a free update like everyone thought), but the rest of the pack doesn't really thrill me unfortunately.
Agreed. I actually love the Addax and Dama Gazelle, as I also love hoofstock. But even I would have traded one out for either Baboon species(Hamadryas or Olice) or a Secretary Bird.
It is strange that Frontier would not only make this a strictly African DLC(controversial), but also then choose to exclude 2 of the most widely requested animals for several years running? I like most of the animals choices, but it is strange.

Agreed. I actually love the Addax and Dama Gazelle, as I also love hoofstock. But even I would have traded one out for either Baboon species(Hamadryas or Olice) or a Secretary Bird.
It is strange that Frontier would not only make this a strictly African DLC(controversial), but also then choose to exclude 2 of the most widely requested animals for several years running? I like most of the animals choices, but it is strange.
It's mind-boggling, really. The last like three packs have basically been a testament to the concept of a missed opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom