Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack | Announce

Maybe they don't want to divert publicty from console? I see that as a silly marketing choice but can't speak for Frontier, but it is a weird choice.

I guess they want to force the sales of console version but I guess that now most of the people that were following PZ accounts on social networks and were waiting for the console versions already jumped on it...

To behave childishly is to always dream of exotic animals. That's what I did until I was 16. Then I understood the importance of the fauna around me. It is the environment in which I was born and I want to have it close in any way possible, even through a game. It doesn't mean that if I see an exotic animal in a zoo, I'm helping to perpetuate it in the wild?! We were deluding ourselves too much. But at least around us we can preserve the wild nature with its animals as much as possible. That's why I want, even in a game, to support my passion for the wild animals that are my neighbors.
You do realize that not everyone is from Europe right?? For some people the south American animals are local... I'm still missing some local animals but I don't expect them in game (at least not soon). I got the red fox, raccoon, and skunk. I still want ABB, Whitetail, Coyote, etc, but they aren't priority

Last edited:
You do realize that not everyone is from Europe right?? For some people the south American animals are local...
OK. I understand that you distort the meaning of what I said, interpreting them as you see fit. One thing remains: the negative aggression towards this DLC. Justification?!

Wisent is an extremely, extremely important animal for Europe. The fact that those who emigrated from Europe to other continents no longer recognize its importance and do not appreciate its importance, even historically speaking, is their loss. No animal on this planet deserves to be despised. But we must value our origin.
Yes i know. That is my point about the southamerican animals i listed. From my southamerican point of view the rhea, mara, coati, howlers, etc are as important for my continent as the wisent is for Europe. Maybe they don't have a big conservation story but are equally important for SA.

OK. I understand that you distort the meaning of what I said, interpreting them as you see fit. One thing remains: the negative aggression towards this DLC. Justification?!
In what way was that distortion? You literally said you want YOUR local animals before South America? Also I am really looking forward to this pack but people have different opinions

The reason why there is lots of people being negative towards the barnyard dlc is a general anti-domestic atmosphere on the forum that was well established before the dlc likely even came to frontier's mind. Thankfully over the last few months more and more accepted domestics leading to a split opinion on the forum.

The reason why there is lots of people being negative towards the barnyard dlc is a general anti-domestic atmosphere on the forum that was well established before the dlc likely even came to frontier's mind.
The anti-domestic people (the ones who are really upset and say they would rather have nothing) have to understand that other people do want this pack as much as any other pack.

Someone was talking here about the social media presence.
In the stream the presenter and currently only CM mentioned couple of times that the people are very busy and working on multiple projects etc and that it's hard to handle everything with a smaller team. So maybe that's why the social media promotion is a bit different. Just a hunch, not a official answer.

I also want to point out I really like the idea of a Barnyard DLC and somehow I didn't really stress about it being potentially the last DLC we would get for PZ.
Petting zoo's are a common part of a zoo and the story of domestication and breeding is a part of biology and a crossroad between biology and cultural studies. It's interesting to teach about while kids can actually have interactions with animals. Beside that, the pieces look amazing as well. I really love the stone fence and the lower guest gates!

Yes i know. That is my point about the southamerican animals i listed. From my southamerican point of view the rhea, mara, coati, howlers, etc are as important for my continent as the wisent is for Europe. Maybe they don't have a big conservation story but are equally important for SA.
I am sure that your great-grandparents emigrated from Europe, although I would really like to know that you are native to South America. Your great-grandparents probably knew Wisent because they saw him with their own eyes. Unfortunately, Europe suffered the most from the invasion of human civilization and the nature there is almost completely exterminated. South America will probably follow in the future. Isn't it necessary to go back to the origins to stop this extermination of the wild world?

I am sure that your great-grandparents emigrated from Europe, although I would really like to know that you are native to South America. Your great-grandparents probably knew Wisent because they saw him with their own eyes. Unfortunately, Europe suffered the most from the invasion of human civilization and the nature there is almost completely exterminated. South America will probably follow in the future. Isn't it necessary to go back to the origins to stop this extermination of the wild world?
Omg? What is with this Europe focus. We just got Eurasia give South America some time

Ah yes Amazonia or Indonesian forest or Oceania did not suffer from human civilization invasion.... they are in perfect health and their biodiversity is not going bad....
On this point who cares about where the grandparents came from. What is important to these people is the wildlife they see nowadays.

Let's go back to Africa then and add all the essential gazelles we don't have

Ah yes Amazonia or Indonesian forest or Oceania did not suffer from human civilization invasion.... they are in perfect health and their biodiversity is not going bad....
On this point who cares about where the grandparents came from. What is important to these people is the wildlife they see nowadays.
Wait! Human greed has no limits. Europe is the ultimate proof.

My brother in christ, we are south americans, our grand parent's come from all the continents except oceania.

This feels exactly like the person who was trying to persuade everyone the eurasian brown bear was an essential zoo animal but no one was having it, and then later found out they were from eastern Europe where that bear is an extremely common zoo animal.
I'd rather have the EBB instead of the HBB though, but in term of role play I use the HBB as an EBB.

Any way, do you think people will still use the llama after this pack ? Or even the dall sheep and somali ass? Cause the only use I see to them was in a "pet zoo" basically.

Top Bottom