Planet Zoo - Beta Dates Announcement 🐯

He's talking about the beta.

They are both talking about a gamemode in Beta.

One is asking about a money based mode, instead of endless money.
The other is asking if the Franchise mode that comes with a beta is such mode.

Which is something I'm interested in as well.

Isn't that franchise mode? They talk about franchise mode separately from sandbox.
Yeah, it probably is. Since the beta is supposed to be limited, I'm afraid that we'll only see the sandbox with unlimited money.
I took an extra vacation for the beta and would like to know which game modes are available in the beta. I have no interest in unlimited money and can still postpone the holiday. I would be very happy about a comment from frontier :)

Something I noticed is that the alpha was kind of laggy. I am sure the PCs you used at gamescom are very powerfull and I am kind of worried. Is optimization process a part of the beta? The zoo wasn't very big and you could feel the fps dying.

Something I noticed is that the alpha was kind of laggy. I am sure the PCs you used at gamescom are very powerfull and I am kind of worried. Is optimization process a part of the beta? The zoo wasn't very big and you could feel the fps dying.

The PCs they use are very powerful indeed (RTX 2080 Ti and i7 7700K) but there are several reasons why the game was lagging:

- The PC has been on for a long time and the game is running all the time.

- It is very hot in the room so the PC loses energy.

- Finally (the most important), it is still an alpha version of the game so it is not really optimized.

I think that in the end, the game will be able to run on most PCs. If you can get PlanCo running, you will also be able to play Planet Zoo.

The PCs they use are very powerful indeed (RTX 2080 Ti and i7 7700K) but there are several reasons why the game was lagging:

- Finally (the most important), it is still an alpha version of the game so it is not really optimized.

I think that in the end, the game will be able to run on most PCs. If you can get PlanCo running, you will also be able to play Planet Zoo.
I mean, even the first streaming was laggy so I get your point, but I have the feeling that the game needs to be optimized. If the first zoo from the campaign is laggy then that is really bad news.

Last edited:
Is it though? Didn't PC have the same issues months before its release that were impoved as the official release got nearer (and after)? The game is still over 2 months from release, hardly time to panic about FPS.

Also the people were streaming at the same time which can also result in lag for certain games.

A related, but a bit different question:

I never was interested in playing the beta. I am eager to play the game, but happily wait 6 weeks in order to enjoy the full experience instead of a limited version.
What I am definitely interested in, however, are the additional animals (especially the Komodo Warane).

But even for these, I am willing to wait, as the initial assortment of animals will be large enough for me.
My related question:
What is Frontier’s sales strategy in this respect?
1. I guess (hope), updates from standard to deluxe versions can be purchased later as well?
2. Are those upgrades usually reduced in later sales (such as a summer sale) or do they stay at the same price “for fairness” reasons? While I am interested in the three animals, i am also only interested in them; in the wallpapers ect. not so much and the beta access will be irrelevant anyway.

I believe the frame rate issues are due to it being in alpha. The alpha build they've shown off crashed, had various animal bugs, such as lemurs dying but it says its sleeping, or lions floating above the ground. Not to mention the alpha doesn't have all the animals or build mode objects.

I believe the frame rate issues are due to it being in alpha. The alpha build they've shown off crashed, had various animal bugs, such as lemurs dying but it says its sleeping, or lions floating above the ground. Not to mention the alpha doesn't have all the animals or build mode objects.
We will see. The beta is coming out next month and the zoo it will include has fps issues. That is something that needs to be fixed asap.

I can answer that for you.

Anything you do in Beta will "NOT" be available to you once the main game is released.

I suspect you are right. It makes sense considering the "beta" isn't the full game. I'm going to skip it and just wait for the official launch.

Top Bottom